Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Here's my take.

I get why players are upset, especially those that didn't win. I personally don't participate, although I have been asked to. I have not been forced or coerced to, it's just a personal decision not to partake as I don't like to gamble. However, the rules are there up-front. They aren't scamming anybody. The last time I asked, they were pretty open with how much they were making from the raffles. Honestly, to organize an event on that scale takes time and effort. If they want to take some profit for that, I personally don't mind. Also, as far as I know, they have a system that is designed in a way that cannot be rigged. So, I do not see how they would be able to rig the system to make friends or themselves win.

At the end of the day, the saying goes to vote with your own wallet. If you do not feel that it is worth it, do not buy a ticket. It's that simple. Supply and demand is a natural thing, even in raffles. If the system isn't working, they will not be able to continue large-scale raffles like this.

So, my take is that I am indifferent to this raffle and think it is managed well. Additionally, I hold no qualms with the hosts taking a portion as profits as long as they are open about it. I personally have hosted several events before that have cost me gold out of my own pocket, not to mention time. Despite this, people still complained, ranted and got mad at me even though there is nothing in it for me. At the end of the day, you will always have dissatisfied players.

However, all this being said, I do not think it is allowed to post pay-for-entry raffles on the forums. I believe it is a forum rule somewhere (or at least, there was), so that is their mistake for posting it.
    okay, that being said I guess ill starting hosting raffles now raking millions easily maybe ill start with 10m prize with 500k entrance to entice little players and then whales will come and get the 10m. thanks! appreciated it! ya im so dumb I should had realized this before instead of farming my day in evg and dm.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dynastygaming For This Useful Post: