Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hardcore mode info and feedback request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

This hardcore mode release has been clouded in my opinion because APs have already appeared in game for our non-hardcore toons. First thing people want is to gain the AP.... on their main... to add to their existing score.

The carrot has been dangled and many people are wondering/wishing... how to get those 400 achievement points on our main toon? Which is why people are asking about whether you could switch modes, or have a toggle, create a hardcore version of your main, and so on.

My opinion then:

1. Take the AP out of game until the mode is released.

2. Make each AP, when the mode is introduced, an account wide AP/title. This could be by way of a banner earned straight into account stash with each hardcore title so you can retrieve the title and show it off on your main.

OR

3. Don’t mix hardcore and non-hardcore APs. Let the different modes have different AP lists two.

My argument for #2 which is the option I’d prefer, is that is our main toon represents a whole bunch of AL history; it’s where we display our titles, where our stats rack up, the toon by which our friends know us and we show off our achievements. I don’t envisage hardcore mode as becoming the new normal mode... I’d make a hardcore character for the challenges but I’d like to be able to display on my main how far I’ve got and compare who has what hardcore title in my guild. And I’d like my progress AP in hardcore to count towards my overall achievement point score as a player.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: