Thread: [POST-Forg] L26 Mage Mini-Guide!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenrunnn View Post
    I sometimes come back to say hello

2+ drain useless? :O xD.. sorry I laught.

Drain is definitly the best mage skill.
    In addition, maxing fire allows you to kite your opponent while poking him. So according to me, it's more useful than having 6 lightning.
    When I used to play lvl27 pvp, I tried nearly all the combo possible, including 6 lightning. It can be good because lightning has got a shorter cooldown. However, mages aren't Body fighters. They are meant to try to play far from their opponents. Since Lightning is 8m range, and that fire and drain arre 10+m,I think they should be your main priorities.

After, it completely depends on your way of fighting. Some mages prefers going tanky, so that they can get all-in, and start a close fighting, spamming lightnings.
    Some others, such as me, will prefer keeping their distance, Fire drain freeze comboing. And it works! Even level27, and even nowadays.

Those builds definitly aren't outdated,. Indeed, no changes were made to the skills (lvl6<) since I updated my guide
    I don't mean drain isn't useless at all. It just isn't needed above 1 at 26. But 3+ drain used to be very good. And kiting isn't gonna work well vs mages since they kill A lot slower now. Go try 26 pvp now with those builds ur not gonna be able to kill mages. Bears will be kinda easy but those builds are outdated. I play 26 pvp everyday and u haven't played 26 pvp since nerf it seems like. So u can't be sure ur right until u try. Play 26 pvp with those builds and tell me how u do lol.

Guardian of Alterra Chickenrunnn's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Afbeast View Post
    I don't mean drain isn't useless at all. It just isn't needed above 1 at 26. But 3+ drain used to be very good. And kiting isn't gonna work well vs mages since they kill A lot slower now. Go try 26 pvp now with those builds ur not gonna be able to kill mages. Bears will be kinda easy but those builds are outdated. I play 26 pvp everyday and u haven't played 26 pvp since nerf it seems like. So u can't be sure ur right until u try. Play 26 pvp with those builds and tell me how u do lol.
    Will do in 4 months, once I'm on "holidays"
    GUIDES : | Devs & Mods | PvP | CTF | CS | Promo Codes |