Quote Originally Posted by highwaymen View Post
I would like to see more for new players, like starter pets
The thread MageFFA is referring to:

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...t=Starter+pets

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
Over the past couple of years I've seen many updates that have a somewhat negative impact on the gameplay needed to thrive successfully in this game for New players. Leveling has become a tremendous task thanks to nearly all of the Original maps such as forest haven, and what not, has been left dead. Now Levar was actually a great idea to have in the game but for some reason he was removed, which annoyed me so I'm making a suggestion towards a starter or campaign driven pet issued for EVERY MAP CAMPAIGN that increases in base stats as you dwell deeper in the levels.

While I do have a somewhat critical view of how I believe pets ruin the entire gameplay of PL, like making extremely rare drops such as frog wands and starries cheaper, items we would normally profit from greatly and boost the economy, I can't say this won't work in a positive manner. The starter pet isn't the best idea because it will require super high stats so I propose using quest pets.

The first Quest Pet should be listed in FH burke and should be craftable AFTER completing all of FH, completing all of Burkes crafting quests, and completing all of FH main quests. The recipe used should , in my opinion, be dropped in the map The Skeleton Cult Crypts by the boss Babrax the Demon simply because of difficulty needed to make the pet harder to obtain. I can list off where each pet quest should be located in all campaigns but let's start with FH first.

The pets stats should not be over the top like tinsel,100-250 HP should suffice. 15-30Armor for the survivability of the player to maintain once we hit a new campaign. Damage should be relatively low about 50 max like rockets blur glare. 20 Str/Int/Dex and last but not least a 15% Increase gain to balance it out.

These stats aren't perfect but I see this as close to balance. If anyone would like to make modifications be my guest. New players simply cannon survive on their own which results in begging or blatantly quiting the game. If they can't make it to Mount fang then what's the point of them capping. This could resolve 1 of the many problems we have now in PL and I think we should take this one step at s time. If we truly care about the games well being then we need more posts similar to this to better our community and not give up on the people who are just experiencing this game for the first time.