Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: PREVIEW: Endgame 5v5 CTF Tournament (Late June)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    @Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

Please let me know your thoughts!
    No one plays fox I understand, and there are some rhinos to go around in teams, like me and Luis for resotorations team if you guys prefer, just an example. But yes I agree with the statement of letting a team substitute a rhino or fox for a bird or mage if they prefer, I feel like that’s fair and it’s all based on decision. Either way if there’s a mage and a rhino on a team and 2 mages on another I feel like that is still balanced. My suggestion to keep jumping flags and jumping to catch people with the flags is just make a special set of rules for a rhino or fox. I know there will probably not be any foxes on any team and I understand that, just the point was to let people choose, and if they do they would have to substitute it for a bird.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

@Hook:

You make a really good point. I do struggle with the idea of incorporating foxes and rhinos into these large CTF games for a couple reasons:

1. There really aren't a whole lot of foxes (and rhinos, but mostly foxes) to go around for all the teams. I usually advocate for balanced teams, and telling everyone to have a fox on their team would severely limit the amount of teams we actually have. If foxes had a larger presence in the game, this wouldn't be an issue (but they're very much underpowered).

2. IF foxes, say, were suddenly buffed up and had high damage output, I would be afraid of the amount of times a fox could catch up to the person running the flag and try to kill them. Frankly, it would be a little overwhelming. And yes, while technically this shouldn't be a problem for the opposing team running the flag (since utilizing proper team play should keep you safe), it does prevent virtually any one person from sneaking to grab the flag and go from my experience (since a fox can run down the map like 2-3 times before the player ever reaches their base), which is sometimes a necessary strategic element.

The second point I made doesn't concern me nearly as much as the first. I suspect if you could seek out a handful of foxes, then it would be worth considering. But the fact of the matter is that nobody plays fox, and that would be a huge burden on the overall balance I aim to achieve for these tournaments. The solution would be to just let teams substitute in a fox/rhino for their counterparts if a fox and rhino wanted to participate (for a bird and mage, respectively), but I would most likely still permit the use of two mages and two birds.

Please let me know your thoughts!
    Also, if you still feel like a rhino or fox would jump a flag in a sneaky manner during the game, I am one that can record my entire gameplay and if anyone is suspicious I can provide it. If you really think that will be a big issue (considering it will only be me and Luis as rhinos entering) I will record my gameplay during the matches

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Basically to put out what I am saying short, I feel like the most balanced way would be if you choose to add a rhino to your team, you would need to substitute a mage. However, if you choose to add a fox to your team, substitute a bird. I feel like that is the most balanced way to go about it

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Absolize View Post
    Also, if you still feel like a rhino or fox would jump a flag in a sneaky manner during the game, I am one that can record my entire gameplay and if anyone is suspicious I can provide it. If you really think that will be a big issue (considering it will only be me and Luis as rhinos entering) I will record my gameplay during the matches
    No, I don't suspect that would be an issue honestly.

There were some others who did raise another valid point – Rhinos and Foxes are pretty notorious for appearing to be 'teleporting,' particularly when there are matches filled with lots of players. They'll often be seen flying across the map. But this is all still worth considering.

@Walie – Thank you for the kind words. My goal really is to bring something new and fresh; to change it up a bit.

I'm going to host a 5v5 CTF tournament, with plans to host different types of tournaments in the future. I probably will not be hosting any 1v1 tournaments as I think they're uneventful and quite the opposite of exciting, but definitely some 3v3's/2v2's in the future. As I mentioned earlier, you all have the ability to host your own tournaments. You just make a post, get people to sign up, and all that other jazz.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    5v5 tourney itself hard to conduct and gathering all players together from different time zones is overwhelming & 5v5 CTF game is one of the least played format after 1v1 map. Instead of that .. well.

Winner is already clear even b4 starting, that restoration will win. Take that as complement xD

Your thoughts are like mine. Should we just give out the prizes before the tourney starts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Your thoughts are like mine. Should we just give out the prizes before the tourney starts?
    Ive already posted about a 5 class 1v1 tourney that puts everyone against the same class. INCLUDING being able to enter all 5 classes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    Ive already posted about a 5 class 1v1 tourney that puts everyone against the same class. INCLUDING being able to enter all 5 classes.
    Why not have 2v2 or 3v3? Solo is so lonely.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

@Ghost

I only know of that to happen when a fox or rhino is constantly running flags or dashing around the map. With the set of rules I’ve stated it should prevent that without a problem. All I’m asking is for you to experiment with it and see where it goes. As you can see Walie will be one fox to participate, it just adds something new to this tourney in particular, since most don’t allow fox and rhino I’m rarely able to participate considering that is what I use as my main now. You can look at this as an experiment and if you don’t like how it turns out you will know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Do some test runs, see how it goes.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    Why not have 2v2 or 3v3? Solo is so lonely.
    This would prevent people complaining about mages or a specific team being OP. Would also bring a bigger pool of people in. Team play isnt the only tourney(s) we can make. Team play only says that you are decent in teams and doesnt say that youre good in solos. Being good in teams can be a result of having to rely on someone else instead of being able to handle yourself against 1 other player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

This would prevent people complaining about mages or a specific team being OP. Would also bring a bigger pool of people in. Team play isnt the only tourney(s) we can make. Team play only says that you are decent in teams and doesnt say that youre good in solos. Being good in teams can be a result of having to rely on someone else instead of being able to handle yourself against 1 other player.
    Sounds dull

13. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

So when exactly will this tourney be? I want to play but i leave for vacation on July 7-21 and i most likely wont be on PL while im away.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Sounds dull
    Lol sounds dull because we havent had a 1v1 tourney in quite some time? Every single tourney since the last 1v1 tourney has benfitted restoration. Has been catered to restoration. Now that someone puts forth a tourney that forces someone to play solo and not rely on someone else, its dull? The majority of pvp fights are a 1v1 fight. Putting everyone on the same playing field and having them fight vs the same class is better then putting a bird vs mage or a bear vs mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Lol sounds dull because we havent had a 1v1 tourney in quite some time? Every single tourney since the last 1v1 tourney has benfitted restoration. Has been catered to restoration. Now that someone puts forth a tourney that forces someone to play solo and not rely on someone else, its dull? The majority of pvp fights are a 1v1 fight. Putting everyone on the same playing field and having them fight vs the same class is better then putting a bird vs mage or a bear vs mage.
    This is also another reason people are calling the winners before the tourney even starts because Restoration is notorious for team play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Why dont you host the tourney yourself? And considering everyone knows a tourney like this will be pay to win. If it happens i would like to congratulate jen on being the one with the best enchantments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Why dont you host the tourney yourself? And considering everyone knows a tourney like this will be pay to win. If it happens i would like to congratulate jen on being the one with the best enchantments.
    Im already trying to set a tourney up for it. You yourself have already responded to it. I have already talked about enchants eligable to be locked so we can all play around with different builds and such. Will has also asked that enchants be turned off for the 5v5 CTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Im not a huge pvpver. But my friends and I are trying to get a team togther to join in on this CTF fun.

We respect that your attempting to rekindle end game ctf. Unfortunately some of the pro ctf players have quit and others like to be hybrid class and love to use either fox or rhino classes.

Either way we will join in on this fun, and eagerly wait for the challenge.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Im already trying to set a tourney up for it. You yourself have already responded to it. I have already talked about enchants eligable to be locked so we can all play around with different builds and such. Will has also asked that enchants be turned off for the 5v5 CTF.
    Yes, i know i was just stating it in here in hopes cinco will see that people want fair and even tournaments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

A battle of enchantments, I love it!

@Hook — I have some thoughts about incorporating foxes and rhinos that I will post when I have access to a computer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

A battle of enchantments, I love it!

@Hook — I have some thoughts about incorporating foxes and rhinos that I will post when I have access to a computer.
    Okay let me know!