Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL Combat Re-Balance Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Actually, come to think of it, you guys claimed that ao3 was so awesome and worth the 20 plat. I really don't think we should have to pay for a harder dungeon now that you Nerfed the one we already paid for. How 'bout this: revert the victory lap bosses back to the way they were and give them some better loot that doesn't drop in the earlier levels. And fine, make them non-tradable so people won't just sell them. But I think the old victory lap challenges should still be available for those who want them, without having to pay extra for them. And give a bit of an incentive for choosing to play the harder bosses over the easy ones. Might this be a possibility?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Elly, have the bosses drop a token/s, that you can take to an npc to purchase the epic item/s, make the tokens bindable on drop, you can even make it that you need x amount of tokens to get the gear, do the same thing with pvp, called them Aterra medalions of lore.
    I like. Adds more reason and purpose to PvP. They can make those tokens like plat tokens, stackable and visible in the inventory menu.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Elly, have the bosses drop a token/s, that you can take to an npc to purchase the epic item/s, make the tokens bindable on drop, you can even make it that you need x amount of tokens to get the gear, do the same thing with pvp, called them Aterra medalions of lore.
    This is an incredible idea for future endgame content.

+1
    Rashkar - Tanky/Shooty Panda Bear
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol there's always gonna be new content released. Ao3 is gonna be the equivalent of balefort castle in no time.... And obviously it's gonna cost 20 plat that's how the game works lol.
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkar View Post
    Lol there's always gonna be new content released. Ao3 is gonna be the equivalent of balefort castle in no time.... And obviously it's gonna cost 20 plat that's how the game works lol.
    Sigh. I meant they shouldn't charge us 20 plat for an elite lvl 50 dungeon, since they just Nerfed the one we already paid for. Obviously they'll charge for the next map to lvl 55.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Sigh. I meant they shouldn't charge us 20 plat for an elite lvl 50 dungeon, since they just Nerfed the one we already paid for. Obviously they'll charge for the next map to lvl 55.
    o crap...

sorry i misunderstood :P
    Rashkarr - Shooty Birdy
    Luciferia - Magey Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

No worries.... Just hope the devs understand me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Last update helped. I cleared victory lap twice on ursan. With good grp. My tank was tanking, mages were spam'n heals and aoe dmg skills and bird did his thing. Wasnt alot of deaths for any one really. Was preatty ez. I only had to spam some hp pots on overlord. Would be nice if blood lasted a lil longer. Keep the updates coming. Im starting to see the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Ok I've enjoyed these updates so much ive gone back to Int Mage, lots of fun.
    Last edited by jonboy; 11-20-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Pvp seems alot more balanced then yesterday. Keep up the good work guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Protank View Post
    Pvp seems alot more balanced then yesterday. Keep up the good work guys!
    Yes, no one really own! Depends on your fingers... lol

Good works dev!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played around a bit more in pve on my bear, it's all working great, only thing would be to make more hard cash drop rather then 101 trash items having to sell 200 items every few rounds is repetitive and messy. I also noticed the shop scrolling seems to work a lot better so thanks for that. Now you awesome bunch of devs please give us elite dungeon for ao, items won in pvp, and pets, my Christmas will be very merry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

you made the update so the fast fingers can rock..
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bladesword View Post
    you made the update so the fast fingers can rock..
    what do you mean with that ?^^

can you attack faster when you put auto attack off?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I got to do some more playing and over all, particularly with the recent update, I feel good about the direction of the game.

I finally leveled my lazy-hung-around-at-90%-to-level-50 bear, cleared Keeper and Captive Audience levels and had fun. I'm not sure it's better than before. It might be because the dungeons are easier to clear now; MUCH easier. Mummies, aliens died fast.

The bear might have gotten hit a bit more, but I'm not positive about that. I actually suspect in general, that he is getting hit less. Overall, I would say pot usage was WAY down, money gathering much better (net gain, instead of net loss after pot replacement). I would say Keeper was easier; he seemed almost like a normal boss. Mynas is WAY easier, both in level 2 and Victory. Hardly any deaths and we just damaged him to death. Hell, he chased my bear a few times while I was gathering the group: He popped in after the group had left because he wasn't there and while bear was trying out level 50 EQ and whacked bear a few times. Before the update(s), that would have meant bear FLAT! This time, I'm not even sure if bear had to pot. He just stomped and walked off and waited for the group to pop back. He got chased a few times, because Mynas came out further than I remembered, so bear got caught a few times, but no issues at all.

Gurgox seemed same, maybe a bit harder, but hard to tell. He can be hard even before if birdies aren't doing lots of damage and these two we had in that group did not seem like they did much debuffing, even when asked. The other bear did not help much with debuff, etc. Yellow aliens were barely an issue compared to before. There was some deaths when we ended up with too many of them but no group wipes. Oh, I was in one group that tried killing Gurgox and failed, but that group never got into damage dealing and preferred to just kite the guy about until everybody died. Go figure.

I thought survivability on the bear, as well as the bird and mage, was excellent. Oh, also did some Victory Lap runs. Did not pop anything interesting but the runs were not very stressful at all. And clearing the middle was MUCH easier.

I have also run my level 50 mage about, my level 50 bird about, my level 34 dex mage about, my level 19 str bird about, and got a bit of xp for one of my level 13s (dex bear). Everything seemed ok, quite fun actually. Might have been a bit harder on the str bird; not quite decided on him since he's a bit delicate for melee.

Overall, I would say the game is more playable. A level 30s group plowed through Bye Bayou and Boss Brawl, even careening into the 3 bosses together, right after killing goat guy, and then ran right into Frogmar. No deaths...hmm...maybe one mage died but not positive. It was fast. I'm not sure if that's good or bad Sometimes it's good to struggle and I wonder whether the new level teens and tweens and thirties are learning bad habits because they don't die as easily. It sure is fun to run through an area even as a low level though.

I did notice my level 20 pumpkin clunker was REALLY clunky. I think it's got a speed of 4.0. Pumpkins must be heavy. And in the swamp group, the bear (not me; another player) barely got in a hit. I'm not sure if he got to hit at all: the mages and birds were killing so fast. Oh, and where I used to see lots of 2-handed sword wielding lowbie bears, I think I maybe saw one. I'm guessing 2-handed's are really slow also. Maybe slow hitters ought to be more accurate and crit better...? It's very hard to dodge a giant wall falling on you Or a giant pumpkin. And they would hurt... a lot.

I even went and tried out Balefort with my mid-level dex mage just to see if she would die like the level 50 bear who posted. No such luck. LOL. Don't think I died once. Pity really. I even stood around a bit but for some reason I guess my health regen was higher than what they were hitting me for. LOL. And I'm a healer, too! My healing skills are rusting! Which reminds me: I was trying to heal a bear... and heal... and heal... and heal... I think it took like 4 heals to get him back to health and he was maybe 1/2 my level... Um... Maybe it's because I've only recently started to pump up this mage's int? Oh, since I did not get to play until pretty much Friday night, I did not do any respec'ing, etc, because what would I respec to, when I have no idea how things had changed? So now I'm thinking maybe I want to play with INT on that mage but... the free respecs are gone...? Aren't there lots of players who can really play only on weekends?

In conclusion, I like the rebalance though a few things might need tweaking. Or I might have to get used to them. It'd be nice to get the free respecs for longer because some of us have only started playing with the "new" game. And heal needs work. And slower weapons need something or no one will use them.

(And I haven't read through this entire thread yet, so if I repeat everyone's comments, please forgive me already. Thanks!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One other thing I would like to mention..

I am not sure how it was before the patch, but I think that damages on magical weapons and armor on magic armor.

For instance a Grey Platinum bow may do 25 - 37 dmg. A pink platinum bow will also do 25-37 damage, but just have a few mods like +dex and regens etc...

I would think epic grade gear would do more damage than the piece of crap laying alone the side of the road. This is in conjunction with the fact that (atleast for bows) all bows of a certain level do the same damage. So basically any level XX char is going to be using a weapon that is doing the exact same damage as any other level XX char of the same class. They may have a pink weapon and more regens and a couple more crit and hit chance, but our actual weapon damage is the same...

I kind of think that the damage of a weapon should improve as the magical level goes up. If a level grey XX platinum bow does 25-37 damage(im making all these numbers up) then a white XX platinum bow should do 26-38. A orange XX platinum bow 26-38. A green XX platinum bow 27-39. Purple 28-40. Pink you can jump even a little more since they are rare... like 30-42.

On a higher level like lvl 50(vs the lvl 20 stuff I am talking about) you can increase the invertals a little more to compensate for the higher base damage of weapons and armor values or armor.

This makes a rare item innately more useful, even if the stats suck a green bow is "better" than a grey or white bow.. as it should be...

Does this make sense? Agree or disagree?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    @^

I agree with how birds should have higher DPS on a single target vs the crowd DPS of a mage. They should probably get higher spike damage skills? Or just generate more hate. But I think more than mage/bird aggro, that tanks should be able to get the aggro most of all. Right now it goes Mage - Bird - Bear in terms of aggro.

Also, on a different note, I have a thought on the new ease of Ao3. I totally understand and agree with it since it closes the gap between geared and capped players vs new emerging ones. This makes it easier for the lower levels and such to "catch up".

I suggest an elite dungeon targeted for the capped players. This dungeon should be hard enough for only the cap/geared players to do, and have some unique drops available only from it. Furthermore, these unique items from the campaign, should be binded to player. If its gonna be trade-able, it makes the Ao3 campaign useless since everyone will then be aiming to buy the new elite dungeon loot instead of actually doing the dungeon, then creating a gap again between the rich and the poor. If binding cannot be done, very rare drops of these items would also suffice.

Other than that, I'm VERY happy with the rebalance. 9.99/10 for me. Until another balance or update comes, thats my review (together with previous posts ofc).
    yea i like that idea especially with the binding items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Devs,

I am a long time MMO player and I just recently picked this game up. I am more than happy to give you all all the feedback you can handle, but that also requires some feedback from you all.

I looked in the "in development" area and I see nothing, suggestions.. nothing, updates... nothing... even in this thread... nothing.

I dont mean you never respond, I mean to give you all good feedback, we need to know what you all are thinking too. If you are working on tweaking damage for some classes we can provide more details, if your not then say that so I can get data on something you are working on.

Does this make sense? This lets people know 1) you see what they are saying here and its being taken into consideration 2) if peoples suggestions are not being considered for future publish, and they think that their issues need attention, they can then go gather more data on their issue. Even outline in the post things that you need more data on.. something simple

Currently being worked on
    XXXX (being addressed)
    XXXX (being addressed)
    XXXX (being addressed)
    XXXX (being addressed)

YYY (being tested)
    YYY (being tested)
    YYY (being tested)

ZZZ (need more feedback please)
    ZZZ (need more feedback please)

WWW (issues is condiered to be working as intended)
    WWW (issues is condiered to be working as intended)

This lets people know they dont need to post on W, X or Y, because you are aware of and are working on those issues or have looked into the issue and don't consider it to be a issue. People concerned with Z can then go out and get even more specific data for you as they know the data you have is insufficient and you need more data on that specific issue before it can be addressed.

Is this something that you think can be done? You dont have to be specific with HOW your addressing the issues, just the things your working on and things that your not considering that people are talking about, and things that you need more info for. I just feel like while playing we can be looking for things as we play IF we knew what you needed data for.
    Last edited by derricks2; 11-20-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been reflecting and the rebalance is still unworkable for many. Why you might ask? Going through A03, I have yet to see a boss taken down by a group that hasn't included 1, or probably 2, lvl 50 folk. I have been there several times now with with groups (5-6) of of lvl 46+ characters and after 20-30 minutes we have still not taken down someone like the Keeper.

It would appear to me that if AO3 was like it is now, before there were any lvl 50 characters with all their nice equipment sets, no one would would have got through AO3!

So the question I have, is who has, with a group of non-level 50 characters, made it through Crush the Keeper? Is it possible?

If you can't get through a lower level part of AO3 without level 50 characters then the game is not balanced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Omg seriously? All the bosses have been neutered. The keeper used to be a pitpull, now he's a toy poodle. People got through it before all the bosses were Nerfed, so they should definitely be able to do it now.
    And I don't think it's so bad for a team of lvl 46's to need help from 1 or 2 lvl 50's to beat the hardest bosses in the game. It also takes practice (or at least it used to) to learn the bosses' weaknesses and get the teamwork just right.

God, if they make it any easier they might as well just forget about the bosses and put the loot under a Christmas tree for everyone to take.

Quote Originally Posted by johnholley View Post
    I have been reflecting and the rebalance is still unworkable for many. Why you might ask? Going through A03, I have yet to see a boss taken down by a group that hasn't included 1, or probably 2, lvl 50 folk. I have been there several times now with with groups (5-6) of of lvl 46+ characters and after 20-30 minutes we have still not taken down someone like the Keeper.

It would appear to me that if AO3 was like it is now, before there were any lvl 50 characters with all their nice equipment sets, no one would would have got through AO3!

So the question I have, is who has, with a group of non-level 50 characters, made it through Crush the Keeper? Is it possible?

If you can't get through a lower level part of AO3 without level 50 characters then the game is not balanced!