Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    @Goodsyntax

Hello,

just wanted to say that I gave the elite skull cove map a second try after reading your guide. Boss was no problem this time. I always assumed that the mobs he summons were endless. Knowing that they are not made things quite easy actually. Got the monkey pet now :-)))))))))))))
    Congrats! This is the whole reason why I do these guides.

Half of the issue in elites is the intimidation factor, but once you know the details, the pulls, the strategies, etc., soloing elites isn't as insane as some people think it is.

Plus, it's always fun to tell your friends that you did Skull Cove and that no one was online, so you just went ahead and did it by yourself. You should post a solo screenie in you guild thread just to let them all know how bad a** you are

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Congrats! This is the whole reason why I do these guides.

Half of the issue in elites is the intimidation factor, but once you know the details, the pulls, the strategies, etc., soloing elites isn't as insane as some people think it is.

Plus, it's always fun to tell your friends that you did Skull Cove and that no one was online, so you just went ahead and did it by yourself. You should post a solo screenie in you guild thread just to let them all know how bad a** you are
    Hello again. True a lot of it is the intimidation factor. Meanwhile i have found a good guild, which helped (finally) find parties for elite maps. First thing was elite inan for the bat pet Valkin (lol). Anyway after doing about 25 runs in elite "the wilds" I have a couple additional questions. Our runs, depending on party members take between 25-32 minutes. We mostly have legendary gear only and we do not die between 1 and 3 times per run. Is this ok? Or are we supposed to be faster/die less?
    Also in none of those runs, none of us, got a elite gold dragoscale chest or any legendary gear for that matter. All boss kills were done with lepre on and about 50% with lepre and luck elixir, some even with combo+luck+lepre. Yet all we got is green and rarely purple items! Is this normal?!? or is this map bugged or something? I mean on average I can make more gold from running normal maps, if it is supposed to be like this. I though loot were better on elite maps, but it seems worse.

Regards and thanks in advance for any further advice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    Hello again. True a lot of it is the intimidation factor. Meanwhile i have found a good guild, which helped (finally) find parties for elite maps. First thing was elite inan for the bat pet Valkin (lol). Anyway after doing about 25 runs in elite "the wilds" I have a couple additional questions. Our runs, depending on party members take between 25-32 minutes. We mostly have legendary gear only and we do not die between 1 and 3 times per run. Is this ok? Or are we supposed to be faster/die less?
    Also in none of those runs, none of us, got a elite gold dragoscale chest or any legendary gear for that matter. All boss kills were done with lepre on and about 50% with lepre and luck elixir, some even with combo+luck+lepre. Yet all we got is green and rarely purple items! Is this normal?!? or is this map bugged or something? I mean on average I can make more gold from running normal maps, if it is supposed to be like this. I though loot were better on elite maps, but it seems worse.

Regards and thanks in advance for any further advice.
    It also depends on how much you talk durning a run. My runs are usually a good 10-17min with a good party. 20+ with a less experience party. Yes, sadly they scaled the elite mobs to match the best gear (-ring), so it's quite hard. A good mage usually does the trick for mobs. Leps and lixes usually should give something sometime. I honestly don't know, the drop rates/prices of drops are so low, it almost isn't worth farming.