Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: State of AL (long post/rant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    273 Posts

Just curious, what are your thoughts on pvp over the past few years? Since you’ve started? I’d love to hear it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Aura's, objectively speaking, players still tend to buy them out despite the cost.

So by a Devs standpoint, no, they wouldn't alter its cost considering the weight of your/our opinion(s) versus what is actually happening.

Same can be said for Hardcore. As long as they earn, they wouldn't care about what Hardcore should've been.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 01-02-2021 at 01:54 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

+1 on hardPLATcore

also disappointed on APS that can be bought using PLATs... why add that on hardcore.

Sent from my iPad using TocinoTalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

My suggestion, for one, would be to give rewards deserving of the tier that they are in. I.e : Plat tiers should reward the player well. I’m not quite sure how this might affect the game as a whole, but if everyone is dedicated enough to farm till plat and be rewarded handsomely, I think this might make events much more worthwhile and enjoyable (since the game is heavily wealth-oriented). I fee that a great example of this was Goblin Event 2019 (or 2018) where players were rewarded 50 crate keys for reaching plat. It truly gave us (or me at least) much motivation to rank up and dedicate time to farm the event.

A query I have is the reason behind making LB vanities untradable..?

Eggzavier still rocks, though. Everyone has a chance to loot something if you put enough effort into it.

Hopefully, the upcoming expansion gives the player a reason to continue re-grinding the same map over and over, with a good enough incentive (like a rare chance to loot an exclusive egg/weapon? like, not lootable anywhere else) that might spice things up.

I feel that the state of honour pvp is perfectly fine as is, but regular pvp has been hit hard ever since the introduction of awakenings.

Speaking of awakening, - Awakening event : I personally quite enjoy the mechanics of the awakening event as they are now, where elite gems grant exclusive awakenings and players can opt to buy character-bound gems for 10k, or tradable gems for more. However, 30k for a gem is pretty absurd and ludicrous, since that’s the equivalent of 5-7 runs in NVG WITH 570gl OR 12-15 runs with ~100gl. I don’t wish to speak for newbies since I’m in no position to, but I THINK they might appreciate a reduction in the price of tradable gems to... let’s say 15k? Seems fair?
    Another suggestion for the awakening event is if there were fixed dates for it. E.g : The 1st day of every 6th month? (1 Jan, 1 July)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Nice read! Good critique of the experience.

That said, I didn’t see what thing(s) you’d really like to spend money on. What is your favorite reason to spend Plat? Thanks in advance.

Can you add the firefly as a aura vanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

That said, I didn’t see what thing(s) you’d really like to spend money on. What is your favorite reason to spend Plat? Thanks in advance.

Old lb vanities for 5-10k plats

7. The Following User Says Thank You to derrendy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post
    Just curious, what are your thoughts on pvp over the past few years? Since you’ve started? I’d love to hear it!

I never was the biggest pvp'er, pvp was never something i enjoyed in the game since it was always so toxic for when i tried to play it, so ive just stayed out of it. So sadly i can't give an indepth answer on that on.

Quote Originally Posted by Archugejackmen View Post
    Speaking of awakening, - Awakening event : I personally quite enjoy the mechanics of the awakening event as they are now, where elite gems grant exclusive awakenings and players can opt to buy character-bound gems for 10k, or tradable gems for more. However, 30k for a gem is pretty absurd and ludicrous, since that’s the equivalent of 5-7 runs in NVG WITH 570gl OR 12-15 runs with ~100gl. I don’t wish to speak for newbies since I’m in no position to, but I THINK they might appreciate a reduction in the price of tradable gems to... let’s say 15k? Seems fair?
    Another suggestion for the awakening event is if there were fixed dates for it. E.g : The 1st day of every 6th month? (1 Jan, 1 July)
    Yes, if the game is so dependent on this awake event there should be more of an set time when its released not how it is now just randomly whenever they feel like it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The thrill of MMOs for me has always been the idea of progression through grinding and time-investment. Its about chasing the classic MMO experience of working together as a group to beat hard bosses/dungeons, farming for better loot, and progressing to the next level. However, ever since we stopped farming the entombed hammers, the nordr jewels, the architect quills; ever since the best gear became mostly lootbox-exclusive, this experience drifted further and further away.

Now, as a strict F2P player, farming for currency and cosmetics has became the majority of the game. Instead of chasing for mythic/arcane drops, we are chasing for piles of gold that bosses poop out after death, or that fancy top hat. Where's the thrill in that?!? Want the best gear? Get them from lootbox openers or head to your nearest shop!

This is also the reason why Valentines and eggzavier event are some of the funnest events, because there's a chance to get those endless sets and op pets as actual drops, rather than having to navigate through auction or sellers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardenthief For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Please shift your focus from gold loot and move toward a array of weapons dropping.
    Bring a huge list of NEW and op crafting items ,weapons ,vanities that will be a grind.
    Make sure they are a bit weaker to the arcane s at the level but not too far behind.
    Make some maps normally drop some valuable items as very low RNG just like you brought with ebon sets.
    This will be good for f2p and the spenders will spend no matter what as the game will thrive once again.heck you'll even get a lot more players who return just because of this.

The game to me now is just events which are again too much focused on the lb runners and plat aura and vanities rather than the looting aspect.drifting away the mmo experience.
    I just log in nowadays to spend time with friends guess what ,most of them don't logon because there isn't anything else to do rather than spectate other players vanities and make runs in event with no motive at all.

There were arcane artifact drops in brood last year.why did you change that but nothing else .
    Why do you take away the few good things and never change the ones those which were bad.
    It's not just my opinion as you can see from everyone expressing concern on here.
    Hope it revives.sad to see the gradual drop in player base from when I started playing .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    522 Posts

The more interesting the maps are for looting gears, locks, pets, crafting etc. the less need for so many events.
    I'm one of the few who don't like auras and I'm getting tired of decorating my house although I must admit I like the location buffs.😏
    I appreciate the work that went into all the events we had last year especially the ones that brought the community together through some tough times, let's hope things get better in real life this year but we mustn't forget those who have been badly affected in these uncertain times.
    I will ask for something (no..it's not a girly face for a mage this time. Makes a change). It's for a more interesting map than Mogera when we get an expansion.

Take care all. Wishing all the best for everyone. 🙂

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Susanne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Maybe reduce xp to level up jk jk unless?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Is there a limit on how many gems you should buy in awakening event like for the 30k each awakening gems?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

The only thing I really would buy...since I spent all I wanted on my home.....is old vanitys. I have 3k plat waiting for the opportunity.

Even if its bound. Then I'll be set, for anything new. Then I'll be back better then ever....just like the idea i posted a month or so

Cosmetic items all I care for. As for pvp items, being competitive for other players is what drives them. Auras are in at the moment, but it will only last for a bit since the cost may be to high for players. Well not for me anyway lol.

But it does help buying items and selling to players that can't afford plat...to buy items from players who have the ability to do so. Helps fun the players to spend more plat. Yes I am encouraging and for people who spend Plat as they keep the game alive. Last thing we need is another game that is sunseted....for all the efforts we put into the game.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-04-2021 at 12:37 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Advocacies View Post
    Can we have content update in some vendors
    I totally agree with this. All the vendors have outdated items for end game toons. We can't use anything really so our points just accumulate until we meet the max level. Adding jewel lixs or damage, xp or any lixs or house slots, anything would be beneficial to advancing our characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I would like to state that my rant about the awake gems helped:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THE GOLDEN KING View Post

Not the person you asked but I've played PvP since it's launch. My opinions are going to be mainly for twink levels since I've played most of them. Also because I feel nostalgic and wanna share for those who were never there.
    -----
    In the beginning (IIRC PvP was introduced during Kraken expansion) we didn't have awakes or jewels/gems. Almost anyone could enter PvP and not instantly die since the difference in gear stats wasn't so big. This was when you could PvP with forerunner just because it looked cool and still be decent. Because of this PvP was ACTIVE especially at twink levels, I never farmed endgame content and was still able to afford decent gear on a mage by farming a few locked crates in brakenridge.
    -----
    Then came the era of gems (Was this during Nordr expansion? Someone correct me if I'm wrong). People complained but nothing much changed, at this point we began to see less casual people in PvP. I played endgame at 31 for sometime before I switched back to twink again (cuz I was broke) and to this day I think it's the most balanced endgame PvP content that existed. At this point twinks started focusing on specific level "zones" i.e. 7,10,13,15,18,21,26 these had the highest concentrations of players.

Then the introduction of the para gem is when the collapse started. Think about it, you have this gem that gives you an INSANE damage boost, and you only had one chance to ever obtain it, by reaching plat tier during Halloween. Very few people expected such an item to only appear once, so they thought maybe we'll get it next Halloween, NOPE. Having a para gem in your gear was a privilege. Para gear was something reserved for the rich. At this point most of my friends left twink for endgame content where it didn't matter as much. Twink levels were still active since having a para didn't mean you were untouchable.
    -----
    I don't think jewels being introduced changed much tbh
    -----
    I don't remember which came first cuz I took a break at this point:

At some point PvP LB was discontinued. People had no reason to PvP other than doing APs or they were stuck with gear they couldn't sell (this is when random levels would appear and die, I'm 80% sure these spikes in activity at random levels were so that some people could sell their old unsellable gear).

Then you have awakes, which were definitely the final nail in the coffin. The focus on armour awakes is what wiped out twinks because;

1) Good armour awakes are expensive, so your average player couldn't afford a full set
    2) Rogue went from being glass cannons to diamond cannons. Being able to dish out critical hits while having high enough armour to survive damage from tanks and mages. Throw in pets like glowstick and Nekro and you have a class that can only be killed by itself.
    -----
    In the past people used to complain about how class xyz is OP. But honestly looking back and comparing things to now, rogues have become absolutely broken, especially when vsing mages. Look at the kdr of any mage who used to PvP in the past and compare it to newer mages who are fully geared, with max armour awakes. I've played all previous endgame levels as a mage during the period of awakes and as I went up each cap, it became harder and harder to kill rogues with similar gear.
    -----
    And finally the introduction of honor is probably one of my favorite things to be introduced. I wish we had more diverse pets (with similar not so broken happiness stats) with useful AAs. It took me a while to adjust playing on my rogue, I still suck tbh, but I'd take that over endgame content. Plus it's cheap gear so there's fun for everyone.

Summary?

- Awakes and PvP LB being discontinued killed PvP
    - Rogues too strong
    - Honor is fun but could have more pets with not so broken but simple arcane abilities

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Neutrone For This Useful Post: