Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm looking to make myself a level 10-15 bear twink. I'm not sure what path to take though, so could tell me what works well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by droes View Post
    I'm looking to make myself a level 10-15 bear twink. I'm not sure what path to take though, so could tell me what works well?
    Levels 10, 12, and 15 are the most popular in that range.

For levels 10 and 12:

Quote Originally Posted by TheClownSquad View Post
    Different sets would be(I haven't played in a few weeks as I can't find my ipod >.> So these are from what I know when I did play and what I hear)

These are for level 10/12. Level 13 is not very good, because I BELIEVE you do not get forest haven kills at 13. I'm not too sure on that though. Anyways here are my opinions for level 10/12. May work also for a bird but for sure a bear.

Full DEX

Full dex is probably the main choice of PVP twinks due to its high hit, crit and dmg. There are some builds mainly used. Expert is imo better for PVP then artisan but that's just my opinion.

Snowgun -
    Helm: Sniper's Archer Cap
    Armor: Expert Leather
    Weapon: Pink/Purp Snowball Launcher
    Ring(if possible): the 8 dmg and 2% hit
    This is a good setup for max dmg output and being able to create your "shatter" combo but with a downside of lower protection.

Talon/Wing:
    Helm: Sniper's Helm
    Weapon: Sniper talon/ Pink tinsel talon
    Shield(Wing): Sniper's Wing/ Pink Peppermint Wing
    Ring: Your choice if you want more defence or offense

This is for when you need to be a little more tank like while still putting out a decent damage output.You can swap out the Sniper and Winter items depending on if you want Damage(Winter Festival) or Stats and Defence(Sniper Items).

Doom Bow:
    Helm:Sniper's Helm
    Weapon: Fiery Doom Bow
    Ring: 9 dmg 1% Crit

I don't have too much knowledge as to if the bow is as good as it seems as I cannot test it so if someone could comment so I could edit it in here. All I have heard is that the bow is like a ranged dagger with a proc or 2. Also you may be wondering why 9 dmg 1 crit instead of 8 dmg, you need every little piece of damage with this bow due to its speed.

DEX/INT:

Int isn't really suggested for pvp because of its slow attacking speed but some people do it. I don't have any builds but feel free to post your builds and ill add em in.

DEX/STR:

The builds are pretty much the same as the full dex but instead you change one key part of the builds which is the armor:

Snowgun - Full Dmg Spec
    Helm: Sniper's Archer Cap
    Armor: Armsman Crafted/Forged
    Weapon: Pink/Purp Snowball Launcher
    Ring(if possible): the 9 dmg and 1% crit

The armsman adds 5/6 damage which is even more bang for your buck, turning you into a glass cannon.

Talon/Wing:
    Helm: Sniper's Helm
    Weapon: Sniper talon/ Pink tinsel talon
    Shield(Wing): Sniper's Wing/ Pink Peppermint Wing
    Ring: Your choice if you want more defence or offense

Same as above.

Doom Bow:
    Helm:Sniper's Helm
    Weapon: Fiery Doom Bow
    Ring: 9 dmg 1% Crit

Same as above. The extra dmg from the armsman helps the already low damage of the bow.

STR/INT:

Not recommended as neither stat gives good gear for PVP. Once again this is my opinion so let me know what your guy's opinion is.

PVE:

PvE is a different ballgame as a int blaster is one of the main weapons you will be using. A DEX and INT build is by far my favorite.

DEX/INT:
    AOE Blast Staff-
    Helmet: Sniper's Cap or Dreamer's Helm
    Armor: Artisan Leather/Sniper's Leather
    Weapon: Buwanda's Doom Staff/Candy Cane Staff
    Ring: Up to you

For PvE you need hit so I recommend Artisan Leather and Snipers Cap. A Sniper's leather may work but I got the JT lvl 10 armor so I could not test it. The Buwanda Doom Staff/Candy Cane Staff both have an AOE attack so it is ideal for rounding up mobs and finishing them with auto attack and stomp.

Full DEX:

For full dex all it really requires is a Sniper's Cap, a Artisan Leather/Sniper's Leather, and a choice of the mentioned DEX weapons listed in the PVP section including: Winter Festival(WF) Snowball Launcher, WF Tinsel Talon and Pepper Wing, Sniper's Talon and Wing, or a Doom Bow.

I hope this helps as it took me awhile to put it together on my phone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

upon going in the auction house i want to buy items but i cant figure out how to compare my stats like they do if the item is in my inventory. do i have to break out pen and paper or am i missing something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    upon going in the auction house i want to buy items but i cant figure out how to compare my stats like they do if the item is in my inventory. do i have to break out pen and paper or am i missing something?
    You are not able to, sadly. It's either pen or paper, or just hope for the best.

At low levels, items aren't really everything unless you're twinking. You'll get through them fast enough you tend to not need to buy things until level 30, when you should get the elite Frozen Nightmares gear. Eg. Shivering, Iceberg, or Brain-Freeze.

Welcome to the forums!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

yeah i figgured that it would be a waste at low levels i just wanted to know all that i can before i get to cap. thnx for the answer and thnx for the welcome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

No problem, and good luck leveling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

how do you start a guild? i read this whole thread for answers to some of my questions. either i missed it or its not here.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by toronero View Post
    how do you start a guild? i read this whole thread for answers to some of my questions. either i missed it or its not here.
    Guilds are unnofficial right now in the game. They will eventually be added with a guild system, but for now, you have to use the forum to advertise and run your guild.

So here, think of your guild name, requirements and what your all about, then post a advertisement post here.

Guild Discussion

Good luck with starting your guild! Ask away if you have any more questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Otukuraka, I'll probably go with a level 12-15 dexbear. Am I missing something btw or does focus do the same thing as rage, only better? Why aren't there more twink archers then?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Smile Account Registration

I use an Iphone4, and when I go to PL and it connects to the server, it gives the option of a "Registered Account" When I click on the registered account box, it as for an email and password. So I type in my email and make up a password, but it says my email is not on file. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomshakalaka View Post
    I use an Iphone4, and when I go to PL and it connects to the server, it gives the option of a "Registered Account" When I click on the registered account box, it as for an email and password. So I type in my email and make up a password, but it says my email is not on file. What am I doing wrong?
    You need to register an account before logging into a registered account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll rephrase nthat. HOW do I register an account, How's that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by boomshakalaka View Post
    I'll rephrase nthat. HOW do I register an account, How's that?
    Oh,wow, I looked, and I honestly don't know. I'll get back to you on that.

EDIT: Got it!

1) Use unregistered account
    2) on the screen after the loading screen, there will be a few buttons, enter world, log out, and below that is one called my account. Tap it.
    3) Click the yellow button that says register account

Good luck!
    Last edited by Otukura; 06-17-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have seen some players wearing a glow stick and a hate shield at the same time while wearing a hate helm and armor.

Then I thought, there arent enough attribute points to be able to wear both those items. As you can tell they're opposites, int and str.

So my question is, how can I be able to wear a glow stick while wearing a hate shield/helm/armor at the same time?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Sweet, a complicated question. Okay Roasty, time to give you the advanced breakdown.

Requirements are level 53, anything lower is impossible. You will need 55-56 to do Balefort Level 51 & 53 gears.

You can do pretty much any variation of elite lvl 50 items you want, other than dex on an enchantress. For example purposes, I will be showing you one of the most common builds. Full Keeper of the Shadows with a Hate Shield Equipped. This variation of str and int is most commonly seen on enchantresses and sometimes bears. You can do these on other classes, but due to the default point layouts, it is not as effective, since it requires higher levels. You will need a total of 315 attribute points, str and int combined, to equip both a guardian and keeper item at the same time. By level 56 and Level 50 Elite Gear equipped, you can have a total of 331 attribute points.

Points needed**
    Strength - Required 158 Str
    Intelligence - Required 157 Int
    158 + 157 = 315

Points Available**
    Level 56 - 275 Attribute Points
    Startup: Enchantress - 7 Intelligence 1 Str
    Gear: Guardian's Shield of Hate - 12 Str
    Gear: Shadow Helm, Shadow Armor, Glow Stick - 36 Int
    275 + 1 + 12 + 36 = 324

Your goal is to have 3 Shadow Keeper items equipped, while having your Guardian Shield equipped. This is a more complicated version of the Dual Build. You will want to have more points Directed towards Str, since it will have less items to support it. Or vice versa, have Guardian Equipped while having a doll equipped.

You will need 3 Int sets and one guardian shield. Or if your doing str gear and bracer, 3 str sets and a doll.

Intelligence -
    Level 30:
    Brain Freeze Set:
    Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap - Level 29, 90 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Ice Wand - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus
    Brain Freeze Magic Yeti Eyeball - Level 30, 93 int. 7 int bonus

Level 45:
    Thoth Set:
    Dreamers Khafra Helm - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
    Khafra Cloth of Thoth - Level 45 138 int. 8 int bonus
    D'Jinn Wand of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus
    Imhotep Eye of Thoth - Level 45, 138 int. 8 int bonus

Level 50:
    Shadow Keeper Set:
    Keepers Helmet of the Shadows - Level 50, 158 int. 12 int bonus
    Keepers Armor of the Shadows - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
    Glow Stick - Level 50, 157 int. 12 int bonus
    Creepy Doll of Shadows, Level 50, 154 int. 12 int bonus

Strength -
    Level 30:
    Iceberg:
    Polar Bear Snowcap of Legend - Level 29, 90 str. 7 str bonus
    Iceberg Frost Knight Plate - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
    Iceberg Frost Knight Shield - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus
    Iceberg Frozen Sword - Level 30, 93 str. 7 str bonus

Level 45:
    Mynas:
    Mynas Helmet of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
    Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
    Scarab Buckler of Osiris - Level 45, 142 str. 8 str bonus
    Zuraz Shock Lance - Level 45, 142 str. 9 str bonus

Level 50:
    Guardian:
    Guardian's Helmet of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
    Guardian's Armor of Hate - Level 50, 157 str. 12 str bonus
    Guardian's Kite Shield of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus
    Shadow Hax of Hate - Level 50, 158 str. 12 str bonus

Guardian Shield with Shadow Keeper:

275 points Level 56
    1 point default str + 145 = 146 str.
    Equip Mynas Helmet of Osiris, Mynas Plate Mail of Osiris, Scarab Buckler of Osiris
    3 x 8 + 146 = 170 str
    Equip Guardian Shield of Hate
    275 - 145 = 130 points left
    7 points default int + 130 = 137 Int.
    130 - 130 = 0 points left
    Equip Dreamers Ice Mage Snowcap, Brain Freeze Ice Wand, Brain Freeze Yeti Shaman Cloth
    7 x 3 + 137 = 158 Int
    Equip Dreamers Khafra Helm, Khafra Cloth of Thoth, D'Jinn Wand of Thoth
    1 x 3 + 158 = 161 Int
    Equip Keepers Helmet of the Shadows, Keepers Armor of the Shadows, Glow Stick
    4 x 3 + 161 = 173 Int

There ya go. You now have Keeper armor, helm, and glow stick equipped with guardian shield. Do the process, but flip str and int, if you want to equip guardian with a creepy doll. Also don't forget to account for the default difference. Also, at level 56, you have 15 points extra since we used level 56 attribute stat points.

All it is basic math, in very long equations that sometimes confuses people. So if your handy with math, it should be a cake walk to figure it out. If not, you might need some assistance from someone who is good with numbers.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 06-19-2011 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How did I join alien oasis , I amm lvl 33 but I can't search it in " join game" can't seem to find portal either...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Clodoveo View Post
    How did I join alien oasis , I amm lvl 33 but I can't search it in " join game" can't seem to find portal either...
    I assume you mean "how do I" instead of "how did I". If I remember correctly you have to be level 34 and up to do the first area of alien oasis. Once you hit 34 you should be able to join it through join game.

Don't know exactly where it is in town because it changed up and I am always too lazy to walk around there. Someone else will probably know and be able to give you directions to it better than a gps.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

1.) No, Spacetime's drop system is the fairest system out there, based on absolute 100% luck, nothing else effects it. If theres one person in the party or 100,000 people in the party, you still have the same exact chance of getting a rare drop.

I have two questions about this.

1. Just recently, I think in this thread somewhere, I read that the more people in a group the greater the chance of a rare dropping. So, does a group with two people have the same chance of getting a rare as a group with four people, or the same chance as a full group?

2. I'm sure the part of your post that I quoted makes since. I'm just not following it. If I'm in a group with 2 players and a rare drops, I have 1 chance out of 2 of getting that drop. But, if I'm in a group with 4 players my chances drop to 1 out of 4, right? What do you mean about 100,000 people being in the party and everyone having the same drop rate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do I register a game account once I already have a forum one? I thought they were the same bu there not apparently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OsOmne View Post
    How do I register a game account once I already have a forum one? I thought they were the same bu there not apparently.
    They are separate accounts, unfortunately. On the main login screen of the game, look towards the bottom of the screen, there should be a 'register account' button underneath the 'Play' button
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage