Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview - Shimmering Shores Event!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iamxmayhem View Post
    CINCO THE ZAP SET IS LOCO BRO. Love it! Hope to see a zap wand! I have one serious question for you to consider! PSY.KO, your amazing fast cap vanity pet offers a 2.5k bonus, where as warbird offers a 4K bonus. Being that the psy.ko is much more rare, is there anyway that you could make it where PSY.ko and DEV dragon can be combined for a 4.5k BONUS? Just to assure psyko remains the best pet?
    As someone with Psyko, I don’t support this. We all had our fun with psyko back in 100 cap, but now that period of time is over. Since it was awarded for capping 100 fast it would make sense to have it be the best pet for 100 cap, but a lot of new people have joined the game since, and I don’t feel like it’s very fair to have them at a disadvantage without them having had the chance to get the pet. Psyko is still the best pet for maps that aren’t in the MYXX campaign, and it looks pretty cool too! I think Psyko is doing just fine right now
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xyzther For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    I'll consider a hosting feature for the next PvE event. This time 'round we'll use the portals... we'll mix and mingle and maybe meet some new friends.

Points are awarded to the player who made the killing strike to prevent leeching by inactive players.
    I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.

Maybe 30 seconds standing still just like portals disappear after a certain amount of time.
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-09-2018 at 10:59 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaasivab View Post
    I can’t say I like the killing blow gets the points, but I see where you are coming from. I think they should add an inactive autokick to the game after a certain amount of time and then bring points for all back on the table if possible.
    I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    I agree - Everyone (within a game) should be able to get points regardless if they get the killing blow or not. This is the main purpose people prefer teams for -- in PVE maps to level up, they benefit from each other by helping each other kill enemies while all gaining experience points (and in this case it's to earn points). Allowing games to be hostable would fix the player inactivity issue (since the host can boot).
    I like everything you have said and agree. The only thing I don’t agree with what you are saying is the hostsble maps if some things don’t change.The only problem that could come of this is if a player has 4 game accounts with characters they could all join and afk in their lobby. Autokick timer makes it much more annoying for people who want to outsmart the system.

Once that is implemented somehow I would think hosting maps and running with anyone would be perfect with a few minor fixes needed to be made later!
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-09-2018 at 11:50 AM.

I don't know how to play video games casually. I'm either not interested at all or I play 16 hours and forget to eat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

If only the person who lands the killing blow gets points what's the point of playing with others? You could be missing out on a lot of points if everyone is active since only one person will be getting points for the gold skeletons and bosses.. Could you possibly have pets active for just solo players because you said we're at a disadvantage compared to a full team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    Yes, that's one of the main reasons why we do group runs, gaining more xp, or in this case, more points. Hosting would be great but it sounds like that's for a future event. Good feedback for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Getdoxed View Post
    If only the person who lands the killing blow gets points what's the point of playing with others? You could be missing out on a lot of points if everyone is active since only one person will be getting points for the gold skeletons and bosses.. Could you possibly have pets active for just solo players because you said we're at a disadvantage compared to a full team?
    You will be missing out on a lot of points if you're not op, kill steals will be a common problem. Warbird would be a great solution when running solo, or until solo is balanced for the individual player (which isn't the case right now).

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #67
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

We have a problem with bots and boosting. Giving everyone credit for every kill in the zone exacerbates the issue. This particular aspect is one of the major issues that will make offering a 'hosted' version of the event dungeon very difficult to design and execute.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Event is running smoothly real nice but the stystem is very flawed.. so hard for low level to collect points and everyone else. Can easily be ksed so fast might have to drop gold tier from 35k to 25k prehaps even 20 took me almost a hour to get 1k points and im a bird lol very difficult for low levels to even kill them since they with higher levels

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This map i think the myxx lixir should last longer than 10 minutes. The runs take much longer because of how much harder it is to kill the mobs. Id recommend extending the time to 30 minutes per lixir

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If the myxx elixir was 30min, then there will be more vanities available. That will drop the price of the vanities and no point in farming. No motivation. Got the Angel Helm of Persistence after reaching 9.4k points. Not bad...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jensmage View Post
    If the myxx elixir was 30min, then there will be more vanities available. That will drop the price of the vanities and no point in farming. No motivation. Got the Angel Helm of Persistence after reaching 9.4k points. Not bad...
    This is once again a great example as to why it should either be increased OR dont allow it this event. Its better for solo events and not events that require too much time. This event has already discouraged people alot due to the amount of points you get in teams and solo combined with the amount of time needed to even get a decent amount of points per run. 3 runs in teams that were comprised of randoms that do very little damage because they are low level and just blatant kill steals even while im on 3x. I managed 400 points in 3 team runs.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Reaching gold tier for farming is going to take way too long. Asking around people are getting 600-1.5k an hour depending on their blessings. That would be overwhelming for the people with 1.25s getting 600. Would take them over 50 hours, and even bronze would be 20 hours+ :/

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jilsponie; 08-10-2018 at 06:04 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Compared to the last PVE event , this one it's way harder for lower level for example 15 to 40 players that don't have a 60 dmg amulet , they almost deal no Dmg. And that is not the worst part , because we spend our whole week on getting to gold tier , we have no time for the best part of the evemt (in my opinion) which are the gold farming zones ... Of course , maybe its just me and i'm just insane , but even so I thought that atleast it's some feedback

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J530F folosind Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to sabin.paulescu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Are you able to farm gold directly after you reach 35k points?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Your reply literaly just copied the points i made...And players past level 30 can use 60dmg amulets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!
    After weeks of getting pummeled in the dreary darkness of the 'Mad Mage's Castle,' the evil MYXX and her cadre of skeletal warriors have decided to find respite on an oft overlooked isle in the lower Humania chain. Shimmering Shores! A temperate holiday paradise embraced by wide sandy beaches and studded with luxurious cabanas. MYXX's trip to the shores would go utterly unnoticed were it not for the fact that MYXX and her pals are die-hard villains who can't keep themselves from scaring the locals, running off the tourists and smashing all the cool tiki artifacts. We'll be going to kick some sand in MYXX's face and grab a few of these new electrifying 'Zap' vanity pieces as souvenirs!

Attachment 170161

TIMING
    The Shimmering Shores Event is scheduled to begin at 12am Friday the 10th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday (Central time).
    Bronze, Silver and Gold Tier winners will have two days to buy items from the prize vendor, run the gold-farming zones and enjoy discount Enchantments from Augey and Alfie.

SCORING
    This is an individual player leaderboard event.
    Blue Skeletons are worth 2 Points. Golden Skeletons are worth 20.
    Vixen, Ursan and Avian Bosses are worth 40 Points. Myxx is worth 60.
    Attachment 170164

VICTORY TIERS and PRIZES
    Earn 15,000 points for Bronze Tier. 25,000 points for Silver. 35,000 points for Gold.
    Bronze, Silver and Gold Tiers all get access to the new Zap Vanity Set (armor, helmet, shields and weapons).
    Zap items range in price from 250,000 gold | 100 Platinum to 750,000 gold | 300 Platinum (for character-bound and trade-friendly items, respectively).
    Like previous events, each Tier gets a different gold farming zone and each gets a different discount on item Enchantments.
    Attachment 170165
    NOTE: The Full Zap Item set gives you +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot

BALANCE and LOOT
    Even though this event is based on individual score, the content has been balanced for teams.
    The event portal offers the option to 'Go Solo' or 'Go Multi' (so you can party-up and vacation together or storm the beach by your bad self)!
    Ok'Tal and War Bird Pet buffs will not apply when adventuring on Shimmering Shores.
    Myxx has a chance to drop the 'Black Gold' vanity sword:
    Attachment 170162

...and the 'Angelic Blue Persistence' helm (that can be used to complete the Blue Angel set):
    Attachment 170163

Good luck to all!!
    so the winners need to buy the zap set with gold or platinum???

Sent from my Around The World using Tapatalk

21.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #77
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MATTHIEU View Post
    so the winners need to buy the zap set with gold or platinum???

Yes. With either gold or with platinum.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

does the whole zap set starts at 250.000 gold or is one item for example the body 250.000 gold???
    LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!
    After weeks of getting pummeled in the dreary darkness of the 'Mad Mage's Castle,' the evil MYXX and her cadre of skeletal warriors have decided to find respite on an oft overlooked isle in the lower Humania chain. Shimmering Shores! A temperate holiday paradise embraced by wide sandy beaches and studded with luxurious cabanas. MYXX's trip to the shores would go utterly unnoticed were it not for the fact that MYXX and her pals are die-hard villains who can't keep themselves from scaring the locals, running off the tourists and smashing all the cool tiki artifacts. We'll be going to kick some sand in MYXX's face and grab a few of these new electrifying 'Zap' vanity pieces as souvenirs!

Attachment 170161

TIMING
    The Shimmering Shores Event is scheduled to begin at 12am Friday the 10th and end at 11:59pm on Sunday (Central time).
    Bronze, Silver and Gold Tier winners will have two days to buy items from the prize vendor, run the gold-farming zones and enjoy discount Enchantments from Augey and Alfie.

SCORING
    This is an individual player leaderboard event.
    Blue Skeletons are worth 2 Points. Golden Skeletons are worth 20.
    Vixen, Ursan and Avian Bosses are worth 40 Points. Myxx is worth 60.
    Attachment 170164

VICTORY TIERS and PRIZES
    Earn 15,000 points for Bronze Tier. 25,000 points for Silver. 35,000 points for Gold.
    Bronze, Silver and Gold Tiers all get access to the new Zap Vanity Set (armor, helmet, shields and weapons).
    Zap items range in price from 250,000 gold | 100 Platinum to 750,000 gold | 300 Platinum (for character-bound and trade-friendly items, respectively).
    Like previous events, each Tier gets a different gold farming zone and each gets a different discount on item Enchantments.
    Attachment 170165
    NOTE: The Full Zap Item set gives you +50% run speed in towne and +15% Bonus Gold Loot

BALANCE and LOOT
    Even though this event is based on individual score, the content has been balanced for teams.
    The event portal offers the option to 'Go Solo' or 'Go Multi' (so you can party-up and vacation together or storm the beach by your bad self)!
    Ok'Tal and War Bird Pet buffs will not apply when adventuring on Shimmering Shores.
    Myxx has a chance to drop the 'Black Gold' vanity sword:
    Attachment 170162

...and the 'Angelic Blue Persistence' helm (that can be used to complete the Blue Angel set):
    Attachment 170163

Good luck to all!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Thank you Cinco for all your hardwork. I suggest future events that you run as a group have higher points for tiers as it is now really easy to hit gold tier. I’m sorry for all these people who keep complaining about everything in this game.

Group play is now alive more than ever!
    Last edited by Chaasivab; 08-10-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

For those looking to complete this Event with twink level characters here is my most helpful tip. AOE weapon with max AOE skills for your class.
    Name:  Screenshot_20180810-150808.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  111.2 KBName:  Screenshot_20180810-153327.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  121.6 KB
    Last edited by MageFFA; 08-10-2018 at 02:37 PM.