Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    FAQ:

"Specifically, white threat level is desired when using a level 10 character in a level 10 map to get a level 10 item. If the threat color is still yellow, for instance, even if all the party is level 10 in DF1, the drop is level 11. So the variable is drop level and the constants are threat level and highest level player in a party. As more opponents are destroyed, the threat level decreases. For instance, one player level 10 in DF1 (a level 10 map) can get the threat level to white with about 22 remaining, whereas 2 players will need to get the remaining bad guys down to about 18, and three players need to get the bad guys down to about 13, etc. for the threat to become white in color. There are exceptions: especially some gear that has minimum levels. For instance, if a level 1 is solo in FH1 and gets an axe, that will be a level 2 item since there are no level 1 axes. The other exception is a solo lowbie in a high level will get the minimum level for that map even if the threat is yellow or red. I tested this with a level 5 in DF1 and the threat never stopped being red, but the drops were level 10." - Snakespear
    I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmaBear View Post
    I haven't seen this 'threat level' thing--maybe because when it appears, I'm too busy fighting. Can someone please post a screenshot?

I reread this and I get the gist of it, but, if you don't mind, can you please confirm this--I was once asked by a level 50 to join them to farm (I'm level 30), and I'm wondering about the effects of the level of the characters. I got the impression from the quote above that there is no connection between level of characters and the threat level, and then... you lost me there (sorry!).

And thanks for doing this, a real boon!
    Threat Levels determine how much Experience is granted per kill in a dungeon. You get experience even if you weren't the one who killed the enemy. The exp rates are as such:

Grey - zero exp per kill
    Blue - 1/3 exp per kill
    White - 1/2 exp per kill
    Yellow - 1 exp per kill
    Green - Similar to grey, but only for alien oasis 3 for some odd reason
    Red - 1 exp per kill

Edit: You effect the level of drops and enemies in higher level parties. But it only goes down to the minimum suggested level of the party, depending on the players. So, example:

5 level 30's are running Balefort Sewers. Balefort Sewers is a level 51-55 dungeon. The monsters and loot will be 51. Now, the second a level 55-56 joins that party, all monsters in the party bump up to 55 and all loots bump up to 55. It's a hard concept to explain.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 03-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ah cool, sorry for delay responding-- didn't have time before. Thanks!