Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: ***Calling All Arms!***

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'm in; I'm a newcomer to the forums but I've tried to help others for a long while. And since I don't pvp I now feel like a clone of The Happness... Lol

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranno- View Post
    I'm in; I'm a newcomer to the forums but I've tried to help others for a long while. And since I don't pvp I now feel like a clone of The Happness... Lol
    You booted my main bear a few weeks back in Blacksmoke because "most bears scatter." Glad to see you are jumping in and welcome to the forums!
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

Pro twinks Crim!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post

And some of the better community members are under this age. What's your point? Many GoA's and AoA's are under 18. A lot of the most respected PvPer's are under 18. I am also aware issues will always exist, doesn't mean we stop trying.
    Yeah,im not telling anything bad or being kid is bad also dont need to take this personal(like wendelism did) What im trying to say is like u said,''Recently, we have seen a rise in scamming, rudeness, PvP spawning and teaming, and lack of "community" in game.'' The game dont have the community like before now most players are at low age and lots of 10-15 year old playing so when age drops there will be more problems like u said..So im trying to explain why community is like this today.im in the same view as you..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

[QUOTE=CrimsonTider;1135379]I am not worried if the devs see this nor respond to it. The game began to succeed because of the players and it can happen again.

I hope what do u said will become true.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

For those who might not know, I MERCH, I PVP, I FARM, I GIVE ADVISE, I BE POLITE, ETC.

I help anyone and try to solve any problems occasionally. Why do I help? Well the same community once helped me when I was new to game, new to pvp, new to merching. I was 1.5k negative during fang cap in pvp, since then I've met many great friends that helped me become better, I stand with 8k positive in both ctf and pvp today. I would like to thank my friends: Tripphazzard, Tankkar, Bless, Devious, Flawless, PVP, FFA, Bless, Nun, Shiloo, Ice, Nicca :3, and others.

I would also like to thank blacknwild and Bjourd, I met Bj during nuris, he would help me lvl. At the start of fang I met black, he and I became great friends, He made his guild, and me being the proud officer.He would help me with farming, merching and sets. thank you black, you and Chris are the BEST!

@Crim, props on the post, will thank you once I get home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sorry bout that Crim; believe it or not I really dislike bootin anybody.

I just went thru an anti-bear phase for a while there - out of frustration at how the art of bear play seems almost gone from PL. I mean scatter bears are an absolute party-killer (and the vast majority of bears are scatterers now) - and I just got tired of asking tons of bears to quit scattering and being ignored; all the while my thrasher is tick-tickin away due to their sheer stupidity.

Anyway, I've since quit bootin bears like that and have happily come across a few really good bears (and endured an onslaught of crap bears). At the end of the day I guess I just thought about how I'd have liked it if my bears had been booted simply for bein bears...

So, consider me reformed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranno- View Post
    Sorry bout that Crim; believe it or not I really dislike bootin anybody.

I just went thru an anti-bear phase for a while there - out of frustration at how the art of bear play seems almost gone from PL. I mean scatter bears are an absolute party-killer (and the vast majority of bears are scatterers now) - and I just got tired of asking tons of bears to quit scattering and being ignored; all the while my thrasher is tick-tickin away due to their sheer stupidity.

Anyway, I've since quit bootin bears like that and have happily come across a few really good bears (and endured an onslaught of crap bears). At the end of the day I guess I just thought about how I'd have liked it if my bears had been booted simply for bein bears...

So, consider me reformed
    They cant stop the scattering if there isn't a wall or corner to pull into. Don't blame them for not knowing how to not scatter or unable to prevent it.

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I dont wanna dilute the noble aim of the topic, but its more than using walls and corners... These bears will yank bunched enemies away from thrashered birds and mages who are whaling on them, sending them flying all over minus a tiny sliver of health - simply because they know how to stomp-combo... Even back in my early days I knew not to do that; common sense u know?

Anyway, nuff said; I offer pointers and dont boot any more - which I think is more in keeping with the aim we all share - to help PL players and lead by example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheScaryBeary View Post
    They cant stop the scattering if there isn't a wall or corner to pull into. Don't blame them for not knowing how to not scatter or unable to prevent it.
    To he honest, the art of crowd control does not need walls/barriers. Pulling and grouping can occur in all maps. It is simply a case of studying each map and knowing where the ideal spots are. I would be more than happy to show you if there is a map that gives you trouble.

@Tyranno - No worries. If you noticed, I didn't get mad. And I absolutely agree the art of crowd control is disappearing. What I do is I try to explain when I run across a scatter-bear. If they don't listen or are rude, I do boot because I also believe in run efficiency. However, if they are trying and just completely grasp the concept, I will grab one of my bears and lead by example. It can be tedious, but as a teacher, I find it rewarding.
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Count me in! But before that, this is awkward, I don't quite get what we're going to do..

PS - Anti-scam guide coming soon!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rot For This Useful Post:

Voh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Count me in! But before that, this is awkward, I don't quite get what we're going to do..

PS - Anti-scam guide coming soon!
    Go back and read my responses to some of the similar posts. It's all about going above and beyond to make this game enjoyable for all and lead the new players to a more friendly, enjoyable atmosphere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Go back and read my responses to some of the similar posts. It's all about going above and beyond to make this game enjoyable for all and lead the new players to a more friendly, enjoyable atmosphere.
    I think I get it now, thanks!

I Bes Behr : The Guide
    PL-Demon, Warrior, Behr, Light, Rot, Eat, Bank, Bracelet, Icasthard, Forerun, Embarrass

AL-Rot, Compose

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I'm in, anyone need tips or help on builds? I have great builds for levels 17(mage), 20(bird), 26(mage, bird, bear), 31(bird), 35(mage), 51(bird), 55(bear), 56(bear, mage), 61(mage, bird), 71(bear). At levels 26, 31, and 35 I did a lot of PvP here before the forg event. So I can give pre-forg builds to bring back that good old PvP :-)

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Great thread, Crim! I'm glad to see someone taking initiative in fixing this game. If enough people stick with this, the game WILL change for the better. That, I can guarantee.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 10-12-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I believe

Count me in

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Alright i figured it out. As not liking scatter bear, teach them how not to scatter. If they keep scatterin you did your part at least. Should do it for any class. Only way a player will learn his/her role in game is to help teach them how to play, not boot because you dont like what they're doing
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Hey Crim,

I'm here as always in order to help out. I like what you're doing here, and I know it means a lot to the community. Thank you, sir, for this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

U should make a guild for everyone who says yes to this thread

Yes

My chars: (or u can click the link in my sig)

Buddyjosh L72
    Eatscookie L56
    Thebuddyness L43
    Buddyje L39
    Buddyjr L30
    Forgottenbear L30
    Deemedninja L23
    Battletactics L20
    Budddyjosh L18 (fail int bear only works on str bears)
    Last edited by Xbuddyjosh; 06-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    AL: BAT~HAM 0_O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xbuddyjosh View Post
    U should make a guild for everyone who says yes to this thread

Yes
    Read back on page. I have answered this. Thanks for the support.