View Poll Results: Nerf 'dodge' like I'm loco...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Are you kidding me?

43 93.48%
  • Okay.... but I'm gonna be mad about it.

1 2.17%
  • Wait?! WHAT?! I think many people will complain. Many. People.

0 0%
  • NO!!! NEVER!!! I'm way too attached to 'dodge' ...and how fair it is. FAIR! I said it.

2 4.35%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dodgepocalypse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

When will this update come?

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I was excited about the stat changes, but now I'm just disappointed. I was afraid that this was going to happen. The [Statistics] and [Abilities] section are still okay. I cannot imagine the effect of it just yet. But I don't like the [Items] and the [New Stuff] sections at all.

[Items]: First of all, how would decreasing dodge and hit for all classes (items) equally help the situation any way? The problem is that all classes have the same dodge. (Or at least that is what I think it is).

[New Stuff]: I didn't expect this to come but now that it has been mentioned, I don't want it to come. Seriously, another upgrade to the end game sets? This would have ANOTHER huge impact on the economy and it would cause yet another imbalance. The L80 sets are so much better than the L75 sets that they are literally obsolete in L80 PvP. People prefer to wear the L80 purples and greens over the L75 sets. And now a new set is coming with even better stats.

Maybe I don't understand how this is going to work. If the implementation of this update hasn't started yet, could we please have a community discussion about it first?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Seems to be really great changes, great decision to minimize hit % , dodge etc in a clever way, there are many changes all together, so it wouldn't really possible to calculate class balance without actually doing PvP in the the arena

I'll show my true intent here in opposite the popular belief that I voice for bird only
    Blaster, staff & 2h swords stats can't be balanced (inner balance in between these three 2h, not comparing with 1h)by increasing their stat all together, that's because blaster has high range benefit, staff less range benefit and swords says it all. Staff's armor should be bit more than the blaster, and 2h swords armor should be a bit more than the armor of staff. I took armor as an advantage here but can be something else but I'm not in favour of damage.

Also let me clear that I don't know if it's already done or not because I didn't try int and str 2h sets.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-04-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Physical distance and link congestion to Server hosting organization, we will get a large ping even with the best configuration possible, so PvP balance won't ever be a reality for those living outside Server hosting country.

FOUNDERS HELM, Black dragon sets, Humania face, 3Pc ring contribute to the additional equations of the stats for end game players THAT causes 2PC and new players to feel unbalanced.

Good Luck Cinco on your journey to balance the unbalance, May the force be with you.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    When it happens it'll be across the board.
    Not a surgical strike but a nuke.
    Good. Dodge should have never been used in big doses. It punishes skillful play. Nerf the crap out of it. Then we can move on from there. You're the best, Cinco!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Good. Dodge should have never been used in big doses. It punishes skillful play. Nerf the crap out of it. Then we can move on from there. You're the best, Cinco!
    Yea Dodge should nerfed so hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Annd us twink players get punished because dumb endgamers keep complaining. These changes would be good if it was for endgame only. I regret voting yes. You nerfed my fav lvl (35) back in the time which RUINED all my enjoyment and now you are making it slower by reducing stats and pvp damage output. Please explain.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #68
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    Please explain.
    You first. And thanks for being so understanding :-P
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #69
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

I've gotten requests for a new CTF map - so I made one over the last couple of days.
    It's got a different flow compared to other CTF maps and is loaded with powerups.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Me first? Just read all the changes, dont even have to explain lol. And i also said why im mad. Dont wanna be rude but did you even read?

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #71
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Me first? Just read all the changes, dont even have to explain lol. And i also said why im mad. Dont wanna be rude but did you even read?
    Only if you want me to take your feedback seriously. Up to you.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I've gotten requests for a new CTF map - so I made one over the last couple of days.
    It's got a different flow compared to other CTF maps and is loaded with powerups.
    I hate to be rude, but get rekt, humiiii.

If you want your criticisms to be taken seriously, at least try to describe them in a comprehensive manner. Furthermore, didn't these changes JUST take place? You wanna actually give some time testing them out before deciding they suck? That's how every video game works. Cinco has literally taken who knows how much time out of his schedule to help a dying game/community. He's working with us. So please relax a little and try to work with him.

Edit: I see that the changes are yet to go live.
    Last edited by MightyMicah; 01-04-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

2010-2012: 35 pvp is the best. Drain frost fire is enough to nuke another mage. Bears are balanced. Nobody complains.
    After that, a nerf i didnt expect. Results: I have to change build and 35 pvp is slower than ever. Seems like i dont have dmg, and surprise? Bears are op. Thanks we have enough now to counter them with paw or head bracer.
    What do I see now? Pvp damage output reduced by 12%? Heal reduced by 7%? And you think a mana shield cooldown reduction is going to balance that? My point: 35 pvp ( actually pvp levels from 10-45) are slow ( not dynamic at all). The pvp damage output reduction will make it even more slower, especially if hit is also reduced. All we ever wanted is that you bring back old twink pvp when you could actually do damage, when voodoo gear was good and when fights didnt last 10 years. Why are you nerfing damage pvp just why?? Please explain ( your turn this time). All the complains were about lvl 80 pvp and now you punish twink players who didnt ask anything... Mana shield reduction? Hmm why? So mages with good regen can stay alive till trump becomes smart? I dont get it Cinco, really I dont. And I dont speak for myself. Im quite known at 30-40 and had a discussion about this with many people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

I hate to be rude, but get rekt, humiiii.

If you want your criticisms to be taken seriously, at least try to describe them in a comprehensive manner. Furthermore, didn't these changes JUST take place? You wanna actually give some time testing them out before deciding they suck? That's how every video game works. Cinco has literally taken who knows how much time out of his schedule to help a dying game/community. He's working with us. So please relax a little and try to work with him.
    I also hate to be rude.
    My post clearly explained what was my point. Looks like some people here cant read. You talk about constructive posts? "get rekt humiii" well done mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I also hate to be rude.
    My post clearly explained what was my point. Looks like some people here cant read. You talk about constructive posts? "get rekt humiii" well done mate
    Yes, your post was essentially, "Boo hoo, my twink is ruined, Cinco you suck!" That's not constructive. What if your twink is ruined because Cinco balanced things? You don't seem to want balance, though. You seem to just want your twink to still destroy. Mages wreck 35, that's nothing new to anybody. Maybe now Birds, Foxes, and Rhinos will stand a chance? Who knows? You don't because you haven't taken to the time to test and see.

Explain to us OBJECTIVELY why mage has been screwed. Then we will listen. "My twink got ruined" is not feedback. That's little more than a childish temper tantrum.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Yes, your post was essentially, "Boo hoo, my twink is ruined, Cinco you suck!" That's not constructive. What if your twink is ruined because Cinco balanced things? You don't seem to want balance, though. You seem to just want your twink to still destroy. Mages wreck 35, that's nothing new to anybody. Maybe now Birds, Foxes, and Rhinos will stand a chance? Who knows? You don't because you haven't taken to the time to test and see.

Explain to us OBJECTIVELY why mage has been screwed. Then we will listen. "My twink got ruined" is not feedback. That's little more than a childish temper tantrum.
    Not going to argue with you. Im waiting for Cinco's answer since my post was directed to him. Please dont talk about things you dont know when all you play is bird and your class gets buffed.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #77
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,157 Posts

Nerfing the damage is good for PvP in general - especially given the changes to the regeneration rates, dodge, hit and crit changes across the board.
    Also, it's true: my focus is on endgame PvP and I will continue in this respect until I feel satisfied that things have been improved.

Consider leveling-up.
    | | | |

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Not going to argue with you. Im waiting for Cinco's answer since my post was directed to him. Please dont talk about things you dont know when all you play is bird and your class gets buffed.
    Oh, the irony...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Consider leveling-up.
    Made my day. Thanks. Are you also a comedian?

Edit: leveling up? Not going to play a level that is based on gear. Oh and i forgot you stopped banning account buyers. 90% fake 3pcs rings owners, but the most important is to nerf whole pvp of course
    Last edited by humiiii; 01-04-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Here's a look at what's coming:

[Items]
    + Reduced the amount of Dodge you get from items and item sets. Across the board, 50%.
    + Reduced the amount Hit% you get from items by 50% across the board (to balance with Dodge nerf).
    + Increased Damage statistics for 2h Elite weapons (specifically: Blaster, Staff, 2h Swords).
    + Small increase in Armor for STR-based shields (to make sense with other shield / weapon combos).

[Statistics]
    + Reduced the the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Dodge for all Characters.
    + Reduced the amount that STR, DEX and INT contribute to Health Regeneration for all Characters.
    + Reduced the total maximum amount of armor mitigation by 10% for all Characters.
    + Reduced the amount of Hit Chance % contributed by STR, DEX and INT by ~30% for all Characters.
    + Reduced damage output in PvP by ~12%. Reduce PvP healing effectiveness by ~7% for all Characters.

[Abilities]
    + Increased the amount of Armor that Warriors get from Iron Blood. Reduce cooldown timer for Iron Blood as Rank Increases.
    + Reduced the cooldown time for Mana Shield as Skill Rank increases. Cooldown for Rank 9 Mana Shield is now 20sec.
    + Increased Crit% across the board for Archers' Focus skill. Also, slight reduction in cooldown time for Focus.
    + Reduced cooldown time for Paladin Regen ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Regen cooldown is ~24sec.
    + Reduced cooldown time of Ranger's Fury ability as Rank increases. Rank 9 Fury cooldown is ~20sec.

[New Stuff]
    + Craft a new tier of super-Elite items by finding 'The Engineer' - a rare spawn in the Return of the Overlord campaign!
    + INTEX, STRAX and DEREX item recipes require MAGOR, WARAT and ARZAC pieces (among other loot items).
    + You can also farm the Return of the Warlord bosses and the Psycho Shade to loot this new family of super-Elite items!
    + Or... locate the Elite Item Vendor to direct-purchase these items with Platinum.
    Thank you for putting together such a comprehensive change to PL. I'm sure everyone in the community loves your dedication to the game, and we can't thank you enough for that. Also, thank you for putting in the small tweak of the Fury buff for foxes. Right when I think my class is lost, it is found again.. xD! Thank you!