Thread: Rogues in pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Default Rogues in pvp

IDK if this is the write thread or if this should be in the pvp section, but I guess it will get fixed if it is in the wrong section.

So I recently started playing a pvp char rogue and i have found that despite having better stats than most of the ppl around me for my bracket, I still end up dying more than everyone else. I've realized that I dont quite understand how to pvp.

Could you guys give me an idea of the build I should use for pvp and methods and tips i should use while actually pvping?

TYSM in advance and sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Can you help out a bit by saying level? Twink levels can be very different; eg. 11 has a lot less skill points than 63 ;-;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shocan View Post
    Can you help out a bit by saying level? Twink levels can be very different; eg. 11 has a lot less skill points than 63 ;-;
    idk any level ig but mainly end game rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Run around rocks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thewolfbull View Post
    Run around rocks
    That's basically it. Master the rocks and you become pro >.>

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Only a few reasons as to why you’re dying more than others. 1)they have more speed and lower ping. This lets them run behind rocks and snipe you and you see it like a second or 2 later after it actually happens. Speed sets broke pvp.

2) your damage might be high but your crit is garbage. Some of the players in endgame pvp have spent literally $1,000+ for their gears. These guys have insane amounts of crit(like 98-99%) therefore literally every hit on you is a crit. Your 48 crit is no match for them, even if their damage is 300 less than u. I quit pvp for this reason, I wasn’t going to spend $1k to get OP crit gears.

3) your awakens are trash(no intent to disrespect). The guys (as mentioned above, won’t call them out they already know), have insane awakens on all their gears. I’m talking about 8-9% dex awakens on each venom piece, 12% crit on belt, you get the memo.

Unless you got 200 mil to spare, I wouldn’t do pvp.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Also, they’re the same people that have all of the jewel slots filled with the highest level jewels. Imagine each jewel giving you 2% crit(or whatever it is) and each piece having a 9% dex awakens or whatever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Only a few reasons as to why you’re dying more than others. 1)they have more speed and lower ping. This lets them run behind rocks and snipe you and you see it like a second or 2 later after it actually happens. Speed sets broke pvp.

2) your damage might be high but your crit is garbage. Some of the players in endgame pvp have spent literally $1,000+ for their gears. These guys have insane amounts of crit(like 98-99%) therefore literally every hit on you is a crit. Your 48 crit is no match for them, even if their damage is 300 less than u. I quit pvp for this reason, I wasn’t going to spend $1k to get OP crit gears.

3) your awakens are trash(no intent to disrespect). The guys (as mentioned above, won’t call them out they already know), have insane awakens on all their gears. I’m talking about 8-9% dex awakens on each venom piece, 12% crit on belt, you get the memo.

What about in the scenario that the person im pvping with's aim shot always hits me even when im extraordinarily far away. Is there a trick to getting Aimshot to hit from far away?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Could be more speed again. Speed set conquers all
    Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    What about in the scenario that the person im pvping with's aim shot always hits me even when im extraordinarily far away. Is there a trick to getting Aimshot to hit from far away?
    Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spheresome View Post
    Could be heroic cottonkill. Most, if not all, of those high spenders play in teams with their guild/friends, chances are they’re stacking heroic cottonkill (gives 10%move speed and stacks)and other speed items with a ping at like 35. What actions they do in the present causes you to see 2-3 seconds later. Might not seem like a lot of time but that’s enough to do a full combo and run away. They’re basically forcing the server to slow down in terms of rendering their character on your screen, they’re basically causing an extra delay in the server transmitting data due to their insanely high move speed.

What happens is, to my belief: On their screen, they move and kill you in 2s, but the server isn’t able to render that data fast enough to your screen that they performed that action. By the time you see it on your screen, you’re already dead.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Oursizes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

PVP is about timing and hiding. Use rocks or tank to hide behind when you are cd. Because, when you're cd, there's no reason for you to be standing out in the open for people to attack you. When your combo is ready to go, come out and nuke someone. If you see two people going at it, go help them nuke. You'll probably steal their kill too A good time to attack is after opposing players have been globed by tank. You can work on stuns between nekros and other things too. Too much to explain but those are some basics that come to mind.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

Speed has ruined PvP , I was a Twink at 14 and then the level 10 speed sets came out , my guild mate got them like immediately and put 3 eyes in them and next thing you knew , he whooped every rogue , mage and tank cuz his crit was crazy good and he had full para gear with armor awakens good health too cuz the epidemic set ,he had nekro aa and mishi as a pet so He’d hit and crit every two shots , run and return and bam, the person was dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post

The 2) is incorrect in my opinion. There's no option of having that crit without being totally zero armor running free kill. Pvp now depends on armor stack...
    The 3) is also a bs because people in pvp don't use pure % dex awakening on their gears unless it's mixed with flat armor(having flat dex = having zero survivability). Nobody is using 12% crit on the belt... lol

As for rogue, stack armor on everything (mostly flat) get used to snipe from distance and move around the corners and then complain if u die to your tank as it's his fault that you died due to no heal shield on.
    Gold part - you can do fine with 25/25 or 30/25 artifact, 100 dex arti is just an option. Currently having both razors and nox in setup is beneficial as it depends on the enemy team comp (aim/packs/pierce obv too).
    Last edited by Lojack; 06-20-2018 at 01:24 PM. Reason: a little nicer

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    Speed has ruined PvP , I was a Twink at 14 and then the level 10 speed sets came out , my guild mate got them like immediately and put 3 eyes in them and next thing you knew , he whooped every rogue , mage and tank cuz his crit was crazy good and he had full para gear with armor awakens good health too cuz the epidemic set ,he had nekro aa and mishi as a pet so He’d hit and crit every two shots , run and return and bam, the person was dead
    must have all been noobs he was nuking.
    Im seeing lvl 10s with 1k+ armor so i doubt those players are getting nuked like that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    The 2) is incorrect in my opinion. There's no option of having that crit without being totally zero armor running free kill. Pvp now depends on armor stack...
    The 3) is also a bs because people in pvp don't use pure % dex awakening on their gears unless it's mixed with flat armor(having flat dex = having zero survivability). Nobody is using 12% crit on the belt... lol

As for rogue, stack armor on everything (mostly flat) get used to snipe from distance and move around the corners and then complain if u die to your tank as it's his fault that you died due to no heal shield on.
    Gold part - you can do fine with 25/25 or 30/25 artifact, 100 dex arti is just an option. Currently having both razors and nox in setup is beneficial as it depends on the enemy team comp (aim/packs/pierce obv too).
    Its a late question i wanted to ask.

Why did u say "stack armor on everything (mostly flat)".

Why flat? Nd not %armor? At endgame?

Does it have anything to do with debuff?

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    AL:- Ign:Reanimatedlee(endgame rogue)/ Jewelfarming(nab tank)

Windmoore city waiting for honor ranked queue
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Imo, rogues are way too underpowered. Rogues need to have a buff while everything else is nerfed. Warriors and sorcerers both need to lose their hp, armor, and dmg. Just give rogues 10k hp 5k dmg 8k armor and we’ll call it good.

-truth (lifelong rogue, unbiased in everyway)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Imback Al View Post
    Imo, rogues are way too underpowered. Rogues need to have a buff while everything else is nerfed. Warriors and sorcerers both need to lose their hp, armor, and dmg. Just give rogues 10k hp 5k dmg 8k armor and we’ll call it good.

-truth (lifelong rogue, unbiased in everyway)
    Some rogues already have those stats and rogues arent underpowered they are near impossible to kill as tank unless you get lucky with instakill proc.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Thewolfbull For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magemagix View Post
    Its a late question i wanted to ask.

Why did u say "stack armor on everything (mostly flat)".

Why flat? Nd not %armor? At endgame?

Does it have anything to do with debuff?

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk
    %armor stack does not go well with a class that dont have any base armor quite high like rogue. Flat stack like 150/125/100 or 150/4%/100 could done well. Basically 150 is equivalent of 5% but also depends what is your base armor. Mixed stats like 150 armor/2% dex/2% dex sounds fine as long as you can afford to have higher tier jewels and you know what you're doing (otherwise you're easy target).

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

First off there is NO PVP atm so basically there is no point now

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It’s all about skill and how to outplay your opponent