Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: State of AL (long post/rant)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Post State of AL (long post/rant)

Introduction
    Expansions over the years
    Events
    Goldloot
    New players
    Hardcore
    Monetization
    Afterword

Introduction

Good Morning/afternoon/evening from wherever u are on the globe. I've been playing since may 2013 as an warr, then went rogue with the name silencehunter and today known as darkrai in game. Today I wanted to show my concern for the future/present state of AL. I've had many great years in the game and it pains me to say that over the last 2 years i just felt no reason to really log in, today in this thread i would like to explore why i and many others have the feeling that the game somewhat left them as the years went on

Expansions over the years
    Here i'll discuss all the expansions AL has had over the years and my opinions etc over them if i played them.

New dead city lvl 21 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ntent-and-More!
    Did not play during this time and AL was pretty young still, some old veterans can most likely ‘back in my day’ you on it but so far i know this was the last time when we got any real cinematics/cutscenes in the game

The kraken isles lvl 26 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...Arcane-Legends
    Also didn't start playing then, was probably still enjoying my elementally school life which was oh so fun

Battle for nordr lvl 31 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...-in-Late-April
    Ah this was when i started playing, starting out as an warr, finding randoms to play with and just casually leveling, finding a guild to hangout in (ah nl legends u wil be missed), sadly did not get to the level cap in time so can't really say to much about how the farming was since i was still fairly new to the game and was already amazed to see an arcane maul, which was really an status symbol back then

Realm of shadows lvl 36 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...dows-Expansion
    This expansion was my favorite out of them all

The 5 maps you get, the unique bosses in every one of them, the challenges you get like defeating the main boss of the expansion whiels hes enraged and the ‘secret’ crystal boss which was bloody challenging this was when i felt the game had a good pace going in terms of difficulty and balance

The story also tied nicely into the main nordr story which in later expansions i found lacking that the expansion didn't really seem to have an branching story overall and were just seperate things which can be good if done well but the later stories i just didn't enjoy or didn't remember so well at all.

Was also the first expansion that introduced an farmable arcane pet named nekro and let me tell you he was the go to pet in the day and was so for at least a good year or 2 nowadays it feels like every event or two there's an new top pet everyone wants and its of course locked behind plat

Also they introduced arhon rings that had a very rare chance of dropping from elite only maps if I recall which are very pretty damn good for a legendary ring and came with a little glow on your hand if you had one with different colors depending on the type you wore. Nowadays every legendary drop may as well be an common drop

This expansion also introduced gem slots if i recall correctly which let you craft gems into your gear which you couldn't take out, with a chance of it becoming a grand gem which give extra main stats this was before we have the current jewel system

there's probably something i forget to tell but this was peak AL for me sure the following expansion were good but they never reached this type of good

Dragons enclave lvl 41 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...agon-s-Enclave
    I fondly remember farming teeth to craft mystic bar you needed for the arcane ring while slow but surely farming kraken mines for locked drops in order for me to craft my own arcane ring, that whole adventure was for me the most fun i had in the game, sadly never got the ring but there was an journey for me here which i never really got to experience again in the later expansions

The rage of the Ren’gol lvl 46 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ansion-is-LIVE!
    This is where it somewhat started going wrong, not so much yet but cracks were starting to form, first they reduced the typical 5 maps expansion to only 3 maps which i still have no real idea as to why they thought we wanted less maps?

Also I didn't particularly enjoy the use of dolls to awaken a special boss which will only be defeatable for x amount of hours, u were sleeping and had to work? to bad u missed out on the boss better luck next time

Overall i didn't immensely enjoy this

The curse of the cryostar lvl 51 maybe 56 cap? https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...f-the-Underhul
    Did not play much here, had taken a break for school etc we all know how that goes, i'm not gonna tell my opinion on something i don't really have developed for this expansion.

Arlorian twilight lvl 61 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...orian-Twilight
    In my opinion one of their most unique and mechanic intensive expansion, it didn't quite grasp me since i was still fairly busy

It was quite interesting how we had to unlock specific ranks in the order to build up trust and unlock community milestones and go deeper into the mausoleum, getting to the last rank was quite a feat which none barely did and those who did clearly stood out among the rest more of an sort bragging right before u could basically buy the points of event chests that would later on release

Demons of dreamscape lvl 66 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...the-Dreamscape
    ah studies keeping me busy the whole expansion..

Introducing raids which kind of flopped as far i asked around the guild back then, wasnt doable that much and was as i saw it kind of meant to be an gold dump with all the buffs etc u could obtain if you paid gold but as far i saw there wasn't exactly something unique going on here, reskin mobs realm of shadows expansion, just long corridors till the boss and you kill it, so overall just looked like an lackluster expansion overall, as the theme of expansion quite made clear, quite sleep/dream introducing.

Festerfang lvl 71 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...xpansion-Guide
    quite an decent expansion, introducing 4 man raids instead of the 12 player raids, an oper place in town to fight just for the funs, ultimates being introduced as well

Spirit gear being introduced and just being forgotten about in the next expansion was also a thing, those were a chore to level up with being promised to get better as time went on, but they never got that much needed love and were sadly eventually forgotten about since arcanes just were better.

it was here that the game was pretty much for me, all my friends had quit and all the content was pretty much ust done for, nothing going on anymore

Vardan valley lvl 76 cap https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...ghlight=Mogera
    Haven't played this at all, i'm still on 71 with no real drive to play, just coming online once in a while to chat if someone happens to be online so i can't really give my opinion about this.

So yea.. expansions haven't been the best and are mostly always forgotten about in a week or 2, basically what expansions are is that they bring new town hubs that's it, i barely see new expansion being farmed at if it doesn't have good gold drop, if it doesn't it's considered an good for nothing map. Game is being decided on how much gold it drops, not on drops itself which if STS put meaningful loot in maps people may actually run those.

Events
    I feel events are less becoming like events and more of how much little work can we actually put into the event itself and how much can we charge for the vanities itself.

Pirate booty
    One of the few events that's actually worth doing if you want something that's meaningful to you and not just vanities, you get gold where you buy things with, straight forward enough

Event gave too much gold in the beginning that I can at least agree on but what i dislike is that since this year they force you to play it solo, i and others enjoyed just running it casually with friends/guildies well that is what an mmo is isn't it?

Awakening extravaganza
    oh boy the most controversial event in the game in my opinion, it turned the whole awakening system of AL upside down and this event should have never released and here's why

The event makes it so u get better awakes if u decide to roll for awakes and sells blue awake gems for a good price sounds pretty good right? If this event had a more set release time and not whenever STS feels like it i wouldn't have such a problem with it, let's say it released every first of the month this would solve some immediate issues this event has.
    Makes it so u can time when u want to awake gear and doesn't make u hold back on awakening gear, every player feels like it isn't that worthwhile to awake gear when they know they can awake when there's an event for it going on, giving them more value for every awake, now it feels somewhat like a waste to awake

The hoarding of awake gems would basically stop at that point and wouldn't raise above 20k for an awake gem, since the vent would have a set time when to release hoarders wouldn't feel the need to hoard and sell off their gems since they will be back next month anway. now we don't have any idea when the event is making gems skyrocket to 90k each as of writing of this post while normally with event they are an reasonable 8-10k this is an raise of around 900% and knowing my luck i need at least around 50-100 of these to unlock all 4 slots costing me 9m+ purely to unlock the slots and then we can finally spend another 9m+ (can be way more) to get somewhat decent rolls costing u 18m+ on what you already have paid for your arcane or whatever

The extra stats u can get are alright, an extra % dex str etc here and there is ok but what isn't alright in my book the 50% gl u can only get in this specific event on armor and helm. any person using gl knows how valuable this extra 100% is. only being able to get this on your armor/helm on a once/twice in a year event is crazy, making these armor/helm one of the most sought after by players who want to run gl making these easy 10m+ each so that's another 20m+ u already have to spend and that's not considering the gold u have to spend on decent gl gear (i go more in depth of the whole gold loot debacle later in)

This event needs an major overhaul, make it monthly or somewhat more frequent cause how it is now isn't healthy for the overall game or u can keep it like this an cash in on all those extra plat sales u get from people buying elite awakes from shop when the event randomly returns giving yet another impulse to buy plat to buy awakes.

Eggzavier
    I remember this event first releasing and it was actual great fun to run, drop rates were actual decent and the thrill of running kt4 with friends/guildies and yelling here etc was actual refreshing then all the other events where its just farm points for vanities which don't give anything in terms of strength in a mmo game

Not too keen on the whole need an plat elixir in order to farm more but since the elixir is tradeable not too much to complain about it.

one of the more meaningful and fun events to do in order to gain gold and power yourself up in terms of getting heroic eggs and decent arcanes not something i can say for over the other events where all u can get is vanites or an arcane that has an 0,005% chance of dropping from an event boss where as with egg zavier you always get something

Forgotten vanity event
    This event I was not happy with when it came out, as a collector I felt like the event just threw old style weapons into the game and made the tradeable ones plat purchase only.

It felt like a cheap way to have an event, not even bothering to recolor them what they love doing anyway, keep the originals original and now the old weapons basically have no value

Goblin event
    Ah the goblin event, always was great fun. I honestly can't remember much in depth detail about it. While it was a main event it was in my opinion one of the more lackluster ones even to this day

Want to be speedy? good! take out your wallet and pay for the new speed sets only found in lockeds or u can buy them from players for gold! so much fun.

in a more serious tone, i find it quite dirty that these are only available in the loot boxes, not lootable at all, once again showing how much of AL’s gear is gated behind loot boxes. Ah and of course an higher level set gets released every time as well so the min maxers in terms of stats can pull them out of the lockeds insuring plat sales for STS

Ursoth
    Enjoyed back in its heyday when it was new and fresh, i fondly remember running this event and finding out that a plant lady which i forget the name of was harder then the main boss of the event ursoth, nowadays anything dies within seconds or minutes not really posing any challenge at all in this ‘MMO”

Of course not pleased that this event's special loot boxes is the only way to get the gold loot sets which were pretty necessary if u want to farm gold in the late game so better take out that wallet if u want a chance of looting it and god forbid u loot the correct sets as well. Anyone saying ‘just buy one’ would love to hear how a new player this day and age can properly farm gold without an event, pretty bad too that we need an event to make gold in the first place

Halloween
    Always liked halloween, the unique atmosphere, boogies mansion etc. nowadays it suffers from no innovation, it has been the same for years, this goes for a lot of events where the devs think they can just slap new recolors on existing vanities with 1 new vanity set and call it a new event. Can say the same for ursoth event and the goblin event, not much to say about those events

One of the only events together with the first christmas event that gave u actually useful items for your character. The para gem, this was a gem that you could craft into your gear which then gave you a massive dmg boost with a somewhat cool aura along with it. After this they sadly never did it again and I always wondered why they didn't at least try some other things instead of only releasing vanities.

Christmas
    Sorry but i don't like this years christmas event, most of it has been gate kept bij introducing weak flamestones, while it used to be free by just buying an badge for points and it granted u unlimited access to the that portion of the event, now it's just craftable weak flamestones only

It also used to give an achievement for the first person to find the egg in event runs, giving players somewhat of a need to rush and find the boss that drops the egg.. for some reason this also has been dropped? Not sure why STS decided to just do it away since it was something in the game already

Event feels stripped of its gameplay and used for a mean to sell you vanities and other plat related stuff as limited edition locks, vanitys, auras and with most of them limited to a set amount or just in the shop for a day or two, giving u the need for impulse buying, an event that already asks so much of u just keeps on asking

The race car event
    I actually felt like this was an nice change of phase then what we usually get from sts in terms of events, came with the usual special locks and store vanities ofc

(there are alot more events but i feel these are the more important ones that need mentioning)

Goldloot
    Goldloot has single handedly changed the game's progress and economy how? Let's break it down.

When goldloot was introduced it was quite overlooked at first, since the gold increase wasnt that subtenstial en the first time it truly shind was with halloween event if i recall, mobs dropped decent amounts of gold and so it was the beginning of large amounts of gold being pumped into the economy

Then the curse of the cryostar expansion came out. People discovered that Southern Gates drops a lot of gold in combination with gold loot and so started the rise of farming gold instead of other methods since STS at this point had taken locked farming out Gold loot farming was one of the few only methods left ingame to farm gold to improve yourself ingame (not talking about merching etc since those aren't especially tied to an mechanic of the game and be done whenever the state of the game is)

So.. what happens if massive amounts of people suddenly start to farm lots of gold? You get inflation and gear gets more expensive. In that situation what do you do if the gear you want gets more expensive? you start buying GL gear in order to farm more effectively, which then produces even more gold into the economy then inflation rises again, you see the picture at this point, gold loot changed the whole economy in a pretty bad way in my eyes. Direction of AL went from farming items to farming gold, which the game never really recovered from and still to this day gold loot is the best way to farm gold

New players
    Here's the thing though, if a new player joins and gets to lvl 71 then what is that player supposed to do? They cant buy GL gear since that way to expensive, they cant run AG since they are to weak and can't keep up properly in the map, low end guilds basically don't run these or are to inactive and said player cant join higher ranked guilds since to weak or not enough aps etc to join. Also most guilds have their own little farm groups with who they farm with or interact with in events, it's hard breaking into this circle that well established guilds have built up over the years.

Just have them join smaller guilds. I hear you saying, well easier said than done, try finding a decent sized endgame small guild that openly accepts everyone and actively goes farming with you etc. These are extremely hard to find and shouldnt be considered as an alternative for new players to join and farm.

It’s really easy to say ‘just farm gold bro or farm events’ but new players are often stuck in this limbo where they can't escape from gear wise and may have to wait months for a proper event to farm gold if they even have the motivation to play at that point so i can't blame them for leaving.

Hard(plat)core
    When this was first announced I was pleasantly surprised, something new and refreshing where I can put my game knowledge to the test and be strategic about what and where to farm. I couldn't wait to start farming, but…

Game isnt exactly balanced around being hardcore, what they did wasnt just making it hardcore but also solo self found were you cant trade/stash stuff. the game is balanced around buying stuff from CS and trading with players with gear u need and jewels etc. They should have made an special CS just for hardcore players

point 1 wouldn't be such a problem if they also decided to close the plat store and made it so you couldn't spend any plat at all. What's the point of closing CS if u can still use the plat store to buy everything u need? expect of course if you wanted to boost your plat sells and give the plat store somewhat of an relevance but of course this would never be the reason.. *cough*

1600 plat to resurrect your dead character.. excuse me? you're asking almost a 100 euro to resurrect a dead character if u want to reuse it..? Why not if a character dies it gets transferred over to the non hardcore side? You shouldnt even be able to resurrect them in the first palce since that under mines the whole tone of hardcore even if the level is reset the items etc will still be there so thats why an character should just be transferred to the non hardcore side when it dies.

These are one of the main key problems i have with hardcore there lots of little things aswell not spefic hardcore related but does contribute somewhat to it like. Red zones not working properly.

STS even made a feedback channel regarding hardcore and all the good suggestions for excample Antimatter (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/sho...eedback-thread) makes an excellent point, there are alot more insightful feedback being posted in there but what does STS do with all the feedback? nothing of course, the whole feedback thread was made to make it look like they gave somewhat an care for hardcore.. we all know how that's looking these days.

Monetization
    At the moment im not quite pleased how STS is milking its fanbase of money in all kinds of different ways here are some

Lockeds
    I absolutely hate how every single endgame item is tied to loot boxes, this is not how an mmo should be, you either get lucky out of an lootbox or just farm gold to outright buy it, which is not how an mmo should work but thats how STS operates, put different kinds of gear (speed set, GL set etc) in all kind of different loot boxes so u have to buy different ones with each event. If these were pure cosmetic drops like vanities or soimething i wouldnt care but that endgame gear is purely based on paid gambling or just run the same GL map over and over is stupid and not in style of an mmo

Limited edition aura’s
    Yes you bet i'm gonna complain about this as well, almost 100 euro/dollar for a ground skin..? Is this valorant or something? I get some to buy them and can easily afford it and dont care for the price but just think, what kind of future will AL go down into if this becomes the norm? First they introduced limited edition vanities in the shop for a reasonable price, then as we got used to that they release limited quantity edition vanitys to give u the impulse feeling of buying, then as we got that here are the 100 euro/dollar ground vanities.. what's next? a purely cosmetic pet that sits on your shoulder/flies next to you? added weapon effects to your weapon? It's just getting wilder and wilder and i'm wildly interested to see where it goes 2+ years from now

Limited tied event potions
    Not as outrageous as the other examples but really.. an 10 plat something elixer that makes you farm more effectively? basically making u feel like you're not farming good enough if u dont get the elixir? I get that these are accessible for gold as well but that shouldn't be the standaard of these, they can just decide to make them play only someday.

So yea over the years you can bet they will add more things to get more out of you.

Afterword

If u made it here after reading my whole rant and can at least agree on one point i'm making then i found it worth writing this 4200 words essay, you can call me salty, toxic etc i don't care, i've been loving this game for years and all that i wrote is out of fear in what direction i see the game heading, it's more and more becoming like an dress my character simulator that its losing its heart as an MMO which it barely still has any left of. Ask yourself, when was the last time you actually farmed that's not an event? exactly not farming any of the base game, STS just keeps throwing these ‘Events’ at us but at what point does it stop being an event and just filler caused by a void of no content? Think about that but im done, done seeing the game i used to love become so devoid of life.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ill edit this post once I've rolled a smoke made a cuppa tea an had a read as a lot more than even I had expected lmao

(edit)

So I've had my smoke and got a fresh cuppa tea so let's see...

Was actually a fair breakdown of the history and how the maps and events have evolved over the years.

One of the best points that stood out to me tho was having something like the awakening event more regular so easier to plan ahead rather than having as much luck of it appearing as arcane shards did in old grand locks lol.

I could say yeah it was easier before to find people to run with... plus there were fewer maps back when I started in 36 cap and didn't know anyone an was running around towns selling my pink gears for a couple thousand golds etc... however of course as the level cap has gotten higher and maps have increased for older players such as us it will seem a little dead unless you know people...

I do believe however it's all about perspective as if we were coming onto this game new for the first time might even seem a little daunting with how much there is a being new would prob make more of an effort reaching out to others in the hopes of making a connection or getting support... long gone are the day's id sit in a map for an hour for someone to join so I could finally complete it after dieing solo like 1k times >.>

Now for me personally as an example I have completed all the maps, got some of the best gears and pets (course did not get all the APs yet but meh), I have a day job an can afford to treat myself in-game so I don't need to really run... so could say meh game is dead to me...

However again myself as the example, AL being an MMO have made a lot of friends over the years of playing and even tho I might not be playing I'm surrounded in an environment where a lot of other players are finding other things to achieve in-game such as leaderboards or seasonal characters and hardcore so it isn't because of the game itself I'm still logging in and spending time on the game... but because of the people around me which is more encouraging than any pixel reward you could get...

So is the game dying/dead? ... In my opinion... far from it!

What I will agree about is the price of some of the things in platstore is certainly questionable... however is STS a business keeping essentially a free to play game going ? yes! so no issues with them taking my monies as its what helps keep the world going around.

The idea of taking away plat store for hardcore, however, is a pretty good one, to compensate might be an idea to say first HC char is free and any others will cost you like 1700 plat for char as at the end of the day we cant just have it all handed on a plate... there are bills to pay, kids to feed, etc etc so its all well good we can think of things we would like to see in-game... but I think the fair trade-off would also be finding a way for STS to at least be able to make some kind of profit for it... especially as the game has been more free to play than ever before IMO

The awakening on gears tho ill say was a good idea and sure it did kill off pvp in game when it was first introduced... its taken a while but releasing Honor PvP has been the next best thing since slice bread and might need some tweaking still however still a fantastic fix for the awakes in PvP issue.

This is all I remember for now but yeah nice post nether the less

1 <3
    Last edited by BaronB; 01-01-2021 at 07:32 PM.
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I do agree with you about most points. Game certanly has shifted away from its course it had in begging.
    One thing i dont agree with is Awakening event(what a surprise lol). I dont think it should be every 2 months or whatever because it would mostly benefit only rich people. They open lockeds, get gear and awaken sh*t outta them. Current way is broken but at least someone who is poor can invest and make some profit. Although, i think awaken event should have never been introduced, from game point its literally lose-lose situation. It just made game worse in my opinion.

One thing that "scares" me the most is that i doubt game will change in way most players want it. I doubt devs will change anything(and even if they do change, it will probably be some small thing). Reason why i am saying this is i have played other game( WoT) and what devs there manage to pull when it comes to charging people for stuff is incredible and infuriating at same time(same feeling i have when it comes to monetazation of this game).

So yeah, i hope this game changes. I do believe that even after all these years and being "old" game, that it still has potential in itself to shine again like it used to.

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

Nice read! Good critique of the experience.

That said, I didn’t see what thing(s) you’d really like to spend money on. What is your favorite reason to spend Plat? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post

That said, I didn’t see what thing(s) you’d really like to spend money on. What is your favorite reason to spend Plat? Thanks in advance.

Sarcasam so OP Id almost dare say you were British hahahaha *sips tea*

1 <3

ps season results please :3 <3
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Agreed with pretty much everything the OP said.

Just a reminder though, I think we have to make it clear that when we say "farm to craft an OP item" - we mean something like the Planar Pendant and not a mindless grindfest like the Forgotten Ruins (Artifacts) or the Spirit weapons. Not to mention that Arcane weps which outclassed Spirit ones came too soon, maybe even before someone had maxed out the Spirit weps.

Edit: Happy new year btw.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Vanities sir, always vanities. :>

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post

Just a reminder though, I think we have to make it clear that when we say "farm to craft an OP item" - we mean something like the Planar Pendant and not a mindless grindfest like the Forgotten Ruins (Artifacts) or the Spirit weapons. Not to mention that Arcane weps which outclassed Spirit ones came too soon, maybe even before someone had maxed out the Spirit weps.

*cough* Banished sets *cough*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Okay but somehow this is definitely an essay to read. It took me 15-20 minutes to finish.

The writer has a great introduction that draws the reader in tells what will be discussed in thread.

Body paragraph - each of them has a strong argument and support is precise purposefully and strongly connected to the OP’s ideas and impressions.

I’d say the OP’s voice is confident. However, the tone is not that good.

The writing is skillfully developed. But key note, be careful with run-ons.

Prof reading and editing precision is mandatory but I’ll take it.

Lastly, strong conclusion that conclude the essay with questions, anecdote, or statements that review the theme under discussion.

IGN: AL -> Capno (76) / DL -> Laezeo (51)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Not sure if you were sarcastic or not but ill give an fair answer since over the years i have spend quite alot of plat thanks to offers and buying it outright

I had problems keeping myself away from lockeds when i had plat, you can say i'm an lock opener, an slight gamble addiction when it came to those things, so i can see what lies beneath those, if i didn't have enough gold i felt the need to spend my plat on locks, with the whole progressing of the game (arcanes etc) being locked behind locks it only gave myself more reason to pull in that sense.

if i didn't open locks i would either buy boss farm elixirs or keys to fund myself ingame, which again comes down to having gold.

I don't mind myself spending plat on lets say vanity sets but them being way too much plat i barely see myself buying them, let's take the raven raiment as an example.

100 plat so that's an 75 plat bundle with an 30 plat bundle, coming around 15 USD, which is in my opinion fairly priced, given u 2 weapons and a whole set and if i recall i bought it back then.

Then came the dragon spirit set which i loved both versions each being 200 plat. So if you want it you have to buy a 165 bundle, 30 bundle and a 10 bundle if you want to be precise about it. Now it doubled in price which only gave you 1 of the 2 with the other just being an pallet swap and had limited quantity giving you an impulse to buy said thing if you wanted it. You could also buy it from auction but it was never certain how much it will be or if they will get hoarderd etc. Was there any reason to make it limited quantities? Only reason it was limited quantity was to drive up the numbers of it being bought cause in the nature of AL if something is limited it will get hoarderd so people are more tend to buy it and keep it knowing that wont be more than a set number, more plat sales will be made this way cause if it stays in store with a unlimited number sales wouldn't have not been that big. And now everything is in limited quantity to drive up those short term sell figures. When was the last time an actual vanity stayed in the shop long term after an ‘event’ has ended? Back then vanities were made so now and then for a permanent spot in the vanity store like the raven pack and ghost set

Cinco both you and i know that the plat prices for the auras are also way out there as well, that's almost 100 dollar on 1 single aura, does not come with anything else just with a aura, for that kind of plat i can buy 16 raven raiment sets which would give an complete set with weapons, i just feel like if i bought something like that the value of my money spend wouldn't be there i would be way more inclined to buy it if it came with an whole vanity set with weapons looking great as well etc, i do not know how big the artist team is, maybe what i'm suggesting is way too much but spending 100 dollar just on a aura when there's so much more as well you ‘need’ to spend on that just doesn't do it for mei know they sell since otherwise STS wouldnt decide to make them as much, i feel that waters are being tested for future things to come, that's also why i feel every week there has to be an event to push out those limited edition vanities, lockeds and auras, it's the only ‘real content’ the game is getting.

Now i barely spend on the game since over the years i've grown to see how much progress is gated behind the whole plat system which in my opinion plat should only be able to be spend on vanities and not on game changing items (arcanes) Thats how hardcore got its name platcore

long story short, i wouldn't mind spending plat/money on vanities if what i got was worth the price

Quote Originally Posted by arcanefid View Post

pretty much this, i had fun farming the mystic pendant, was an good challenge and wasnt as mind numbing as farm x amounts of runes but you can also till this buy them for 2500 plat, once agian ruining the whole point of making something farmable even if its long and boring slog, the whole ruins feels as it was also made to get u to spend plat to make u skip all those boring Rune farming. Which theres also an 25 plat option which of course gives you Runes if u go thst route or 500 plat for an white artifact and all these prices are still up to this day in the store. Poor new players who join and buy those if they dont know better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Omg i didnt know sts wanted 1600 plat to resurrect a hardcore character

Last Halloween was actually epic in my opinion. New auras and a ton on vanities/ content. However it was still the same event unfortunately...nothing new as far as gameplay

This Christmas event i didnt not like either because it feels like waiting of what plat item will he next on the shop :/ my guildies call it “Platmas”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    *cough* Banished sets *cough*
    That one isn’t even worth mentioning.
    Also Antignome set which was practically given for free to everyone before anyone had completed the whole set by ‘farming’.
    Retired

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Hardcore mode would be better with different rules like removing store since its launch. You cant just remove the store or change revive rules out of the blue. Imagine the benefit of a full arcane hardcore char to new player if they remove the store. Some others I partly agree like awake events should be frequent. All in all Im happy that the game evolved and that we are not playing the same kind of maps/expansions since 2012. Happy new year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laezeo View Post
    Okay but somehow this is definitely an essay to read. It took me 15-20 minutes to finish.

The writer has a great introduction that draws the reader in tells what will be discussed in thread.

Body paragraph - each of them has a strong argument and support is precise purposefully and strongly connected to the OP’s ideas and impressions.

I’d say the OP’s voice is confident. However, the tone is not that good.

The writing is skillfully developed. But key note, be careful with run-ons.

Prof reading and editing precision is mandatory but I’ll take it.

Lastly, strong conclusion that conclude the essay with questions, anecdote, or statements that review the theme under discussion.
    Can confirm this was written under some emotionally distress aswell, so my tone can be somewhat rough/rude.

I was planning on adding like 3-4 more topics but the post already turned out so big.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redjellydonut View Post
    Omg i didnt know sts wanted 1600 plat to resurrect a hardcore character

Last Halloween was actually epic in my opinion. New auras and a ton on vanities/ content. However it was still the same event unfortunately...nothing new as far as gameplay

This Christmas event i didnt not like either because it feels like waiting of what plat item will he next on the shop :/ my guildies call it “Platmas”

The game is headed more towards a dress your character than a mmo direction, where's the loot that's supposed to be in a MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Hardcore mode would be better with different rules like removing store since its launch. You cant just remove the store or change revive rules out of the blue. Imagine the benefit of a full arcane hardcore char to new player if they remove the store. Some others I partly agree like awake events should be frequent. All in all Im happy that the game evolved and that we are not playing the same kind of maps/expansions since 2012. Happy new year.
    They could introduce seasons aswell for hardcore? Removing the shop etc of course.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts

Can we have content update in some vendors

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Advocacies For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    312 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrai View Post
    Can confirm this was written under some emotionally distress aswell, so my tone can be somewhat rough/rude.

I was planning on adding like 3-4 more topics but the post already turned out so big.
    It actually was a nice read with good valid points, any old player probably felt nostalgic reading your thoughts regarding old expansions (myself included even tho you didn't start from very far 2012 Dead City expansion) because during those times I met friends Im playing with till this day. Can admit that game mechanics have drastically changed over the years but I wouldn't say that game itself is dead, it just adapted this culture of coming back to it because no one ever fully and totally quit AL, let's be real people are always curious what is currently happening with game and they give it either a try again or just pop in to chat with old familiar faces.

22.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,166 Posts

My question was not sarcastic- and thanks very much for the additional info! Hope you (all) have a very happy new year! :-)

| | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    It actually was a nice read with good valid points, any old player probably felt nostalgic reading your thoughts regarding old expansions (myself included even tho you didn't start from very far 2012 Dead City expansion) because during those times I met friends Im playing with till this day. Can admit that game mechanics have drastically changed over the years but I wouldn't say that game itself is dead, it just adapted this culture of coming back to it because no one ever fully and totally quit AL, let's be real people are always curious what is currently happening with game and they give it either a try again or just pop in to chat with old familiar faces.
    Iv'e quit alot over the years so yes can confirm this, but over a long time the game will run out of 'returning players' and for new players even now its a nightmare to get started thats also something that should be fixed

My question was not sarcastic- and thanks very much for the additional info! Hope you (all) have a very happy new year! :-)

I may voice my concern about the game quite alot in not such good manners but just like any other i want the game the best it can be and how i see the game heading on not so good paths just makes me the more concerned for it, end of the day money has to be made but im also sure this can be done by more ethical means.

Also i'm not so sure how long the loot boxes can be used since its being classfied as gambling already in some places? could be an great time to move away from those.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Update the crate token vendors...maybe for new expansion? Ty

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk