Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arcane Legends, The Real Deal.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    There is no way to know how much or how little they improved shield because there is no specification as to how much damage it absorbs. Before it was 500, now its just a question mark. So it could be less for all I know. There is no way to tell how INT + STR affect it because you can't see how your stats increase/decrease the damage absorption. Also unlike armor, it only lasts for 15 seconds, with a 30 second cool down. So there is 15 seconds you are vulnerable. They need better armor for mages, I don't see how a rogue with a bow is any different then a mage. Yet rogues have armor as good as warriors. When I played a mage I didn't expect anything, but what I do expect is better armor then a girl wearing lingerie.
    Everyone knows that lingerie armor is the most effective.

Anyway, here's the formula for the new shield absorption (without upgrade skills), I'll update the in game description to reflect it.

(((2*strength)+intelligence)*3)

This means if you're after survivability, which is why you're getting shield in the first place, investing a few more points in STR will drastically buff it.

And we're not done with the sorcerer yet, there are more updates coming but I don't want to rush out several changes at once.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post: