Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 5/18/22 | One More Week of Ursoth + Forgotten Vanity Sneak Peek!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    Also nowhere does it say that those items should be exclusive, collectible etc. You just assume this.
    So don't try to compare them to vanities or other limited edition or lb exclusive items. Which the dev always emphasize that they will not be reintroduced, at least in their exact shape and color.
    Again non collectors will never understand , you stick to your vanities and we stick to our collectibles, don’t cry asking for our collection hobby to be brought back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Castofspell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    as a collector, I keep what **I**earn and sell the rest...and have been playing for years. having a game closed to new players and old ones that lose an account is awful. people want to collect, but as old items are retired....gold values inflation is at an all-time high...so does it seem fair to gouge in price when the person collecting spends most of their funds on 1 item.

what kills a game is not becoming flexible. I value my time, I value my items...and I value this game to flourish like it has all these years. but being locked to "EXCLUSIVE PLAYERS" is why we have LB challenges, badges, and even hard-to-get armor and pets.

I don't mind re-releases but if it damages buying and selling... then its all part of an active market :/ (like when mythic eggs came out i hoarded and bought with plat...then eggzaver was released...see how that works lol). you gamble, sometimes it pays off...others times it doesn't.

people can’t make up their mind, either collectors are hoarding everything and they can’t get the chance to buy anything or a collector is selling a bunch of items but it’s for prices they can’t afford. I also found it quite odd how you want to compare it to pets as well as other people saying they want to wear these sets while running dungeon so i’ll ask again, what the hell does low leveled rare sets have to do with running maps?

Pets are something utilized for running dungeons, not discontinued sets from s1-s3. Pets are constantly changing in value because new pets are released, discontinued sets from s1-s3 maintain and have gained value over 6-7 years. To sum it up, collecting these sets is not for everyone and it shouldn’t be, if you need some vanity for running dungeons there’s already plenty to choose from, if you feel like getting into collecting then you should do it the same way everyone has done it, it wasn’t any easier spending millions on these sets or waiting months for owners to log in for us to buy a set years ago so why should it be as simple as making a vanity request now?

The way this beloved game is heading, pvp is dead, gold inflation, boring endgame, repetitive events, and everyone is acting like this year’s “forgotten vanity” is the answer to it all lolol.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    people can’t make up their mind, either collectors are hoarding everything and they can’t get the chance to buy anything or a collector is selling a bunch of items but it’s for prices they can’t afford. I also found it quite odd how you want to compare it to pets as well as other people saying they want to wear these sets while running dungeon so i’ll ask again, what the hell does low leveled rare sets have to do with running maps?

Pets are something utilized for running dungeons, not discontinued sets from s1-s3. Pets are constantly changing in value because new pets are released, discontinued sets from s1-s3 maintain and have gained value over 6-7 years. To sum it up, collecting these sets is not for everyone and it shouldn’t be, if you need some vanity for running dungeons there’s already plenty to choose from, if you feel like getting into collecting then you should do it the same way everyone has done it, it wasn’t any easier spending millions on these sets or waiting months for owners to log in for us to buy a set years ago so why should it be as simple as making a vanity request now?

The way this beloved game is heading, pvp is dead, gold inflation, boring endgame, repetitive events, and everyone is acting like this year’s “forgotten vanity” is the answer to it all lolol.
    to answer your 1st question: to sell merch lol and to show off there purchases...pets are also not really needed (those prices flux more than anything ive seen ingame lol)..but just like armors... we wear them and use them to show our power ingame...obviously.

your optimism is amusing lol. welcome to the present day when items are not sacred (aside from LB sets, wouldn't be surprised that a mod to these are re-released just look at the skyborn set) and things inevitably return. hence this event and all the other recolors of old vanitys (heraldic,steel,youtube contest to name a few). pets are one commodity just like vanitys. But no need to explain this...look at the badges

collecting "Vanities should be for everyone" if they were not important we would run maps with just bare armor lol. but as a MMo, we all like to role play in our own way. just that people hoarding sets, this is is what happens when they do lol. the ones effected by these type of events are the merchants....real collectors dont care.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Castofspell View Post
    Again non collectors will never understand , you stick to your vanities and we stick to our collectibles, don’t cry asking for our collection hobby to be brought back.

I guess you have no other argument, other than this is so because I say so and nobody understands me, it sounds more like a whim.
    It's obviously a gold-only feud, it just embarrasses your, and for that reason you guys don't want to admit it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnus View Post
    I guess you have no other argument, other than this is so because I say so and nobody understands me, it sounds more like a whim.
    It's obviously a gold-only feud, it just embarrasses your, and for that reason you guys don't want to admit it.
    Nah its not over gold at all, its over the fact us collectors value old items and merchers like you that think they should own old stuff when they cant afford it, not our issue, its our hobby yall stick to what ya’ll do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That Paracelsus Aura Just Shoook meh

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

before event : " whoaa para item that's nice look..."
    after event : "goddamn my eyes hurt"

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsuz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

to answer your 1st question: to sell merch lol and to show off there purchases...pets are also not really needed (those prices flux more than anything ive seen ingame lol)..but just like armors... we wear them and use them to show our power ingame...obviously.

your optimism is amusing lol. welcome to the present day when items are not sacred (aside from LB sets, wouldn't be surprised that a mod to these are re-released just look at the skyborn set) and things inevitably return. hence this event and all the other recolors of old vanitys (heraldic,steel,youtube contest to name a few). pets are one commodity just like vanitys. But no need to explain this...look at the badges

collecting "Vanities should be for everyone" if they were not important we would run maps with just bare armor lol. but as a MMo, we all like to role play in our own way. just that people hoarding sets, this is is what happens when they do lol. the ones effected by these type of events are the merchants....real collectors dont care.
    This "Real Collector" Cares.

99 times out of 100 the collector community sells and trades among ourselves. Not with the general public.

The value to us is the rarity of the item. Not the gold value.

Yes we know we could sell something and get a ton of gold for it and thats a good feeling but when your usually trading one collectable for another collectable gold has very little meaning to us.

There are many times im close to flat gold broke but my stash and inventory are both completely full.

We go to each others houses and have trading sessions, we show off our latest finds, etc. ect.

In a way its kind of like baseball cards or Yugioh cards or what ever. To most people its just a piece of cardboard with a picture on it. Or in our case many people say "Its just pixels"... But to us its our hobby and that hobby is being trampled on by this event.

Why do we care if others have a vanity that looks just like our collectable? Because seeing them all over the place takes the magic out of seeing them rarely.

In alot of ways this event makes me personally feel like im being pushed out the AL door. Like im old news and its time to make room for the new.

I welcome the new. I spend countless hours helping new players level up, giving them items to make their playing more fun. No im not trying to toot my own horn or get a pat on the back, Im just saying (I welcome the new.)

So i ask of you --- the moment before you post something trying to tare apart all ive said...STOP & just try to understand where Im coming from & what I mean.

-----çhïìWàWà...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chiiwawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

i think everyone would appreciate if one aura was available in vendor for tokens..
    ~Abdu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chiiwawa View Post
    This "Real Collector" Cares.

99 times out of 100 the collector community sells and trades among ourselves. Not with the general public.

The value to us is the rarity of the item. Not the gold value.

Yes we know we could sell something and get a ton of gold for it and thats a good feeling but when your usually trading one collectable for another collectable gold has very little meaning to us.

There are many times im close to flat gold broke but my stash and inventory are both completely full.

We go to each others houses and have trading sessions, we show off our latest finds, etc. ect.

In a way its kind of like baseball cards or Yugioh cards or what ever. To most people its just a piece of cardboard with a picture on it. Or in our case many people say "Its just pixels"... But to us its our hobby and that hobby is being trampled on by this event.

Why do we care if others have a vanity that looks just like our collectable? Because seeing them all over the place takes the magic out of seeing them rarely.

In alot of ways this event makes me personally feel like im being pushed out the AL door. Like im old news and its time to make room for the new.

I welcome the new. I spend countless hours helping new players level up, giving them items to make their playing more fun. No im not trying to toot my own horn or get a pat on the back, Im just saying (I welcome the new.)

So i ask of you --- the moment before you post something trying to tare apart all ive said...STOP & just try to understand where Im coming from & what I mean.

-----çhïìWàWà...
    Since you asked so nicely here is my response
    everyone has there own interpretation of what a collector is. Mine just so happens to be an honest one that feels that everyone should have the ability to be one. To be fair, these new events have bound and unique vanitys...so after this event ends the rarity will be there. So really the magic will always be there....you just won't be able to make a profit lol.

No need to break apart your statement, because that is your view. Have a great day
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Are you pulling my leg? pets and vanity commodities? what benefit does a vanity give the player running a map? last time i checked my vanity doesn’t heal, boost my stats, or attack mobs so maybe you’re playing a different game entirely. (Same can be said about a lvl1 collectable)

Real collectors don’t want their items they’ve worked hard for to become some generic vanity you find everyday at the bottom of the auction listings. You want to act like you’re some sort of collectable spokesman for the average person, if you want to give your items away and share it with everyone go right ahead i guess i missed your last giveaways, but don’t expect everyone else to do the same.

Remind me the last time these “merchers” sold a crier vest, or sold a flurry mask for warrior, or a purple demon set. You’re generalizing the entire community of collectors because of a handful of low tier merchers who found another market. I’ll say it again incase you misread the first time, if you want to collect these sets then get in line with the rest and put the time,effort,money everyone else had to give, this event is a big handout to the wannabes and it’s pitiful honestly (:

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowman Is here For This Useful Post:

Ok'Tal Prisonㅤ Youtube:ㅤㅤ Gaming Apostle JㅤGuild:ㅤ <Apostle>
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sucr View Post
    None-collectors think we are scared for items to lose their value, yes okay. Maybe some collectors don't want the values to drop, but in most cases TRUE collectors collect items to symbolise their history and remember the good times from years ago, why re-release old items into vanities, in turn this will only ruin AL's history.

I've said this before.
    If you are too incapable to put in the effort to get exclusive rare items, then that is YOUR problem, WE worked hard for our collections. We are a big part of the AL community, we want the history of AL to be remembered, not to be forgotten when everyone is running around in the vanities of collectibles, in-turn forgetting its origin and where it came from.

I understand why people want such items like forerunner, heraldics, etc to be re-released. They are some of the best looking things in AL, but that's like saying;
    I want ker'shal to be released, I want bbhooks, I want immortal weapons, I want medusa, frank, ETC, ETC, ETC...

To all these people running around with expensive vanities or even mid vanities, how would you feel if AL decided to re-release your favorite vanity?
    That is how it feels to us.
    We spend ALOT longer collecting rare items than regular players do trying to get vanities.
    A single collection can take YEARS of endless searching, even for a single item, then for STS to re-release that certain item, years of work lost? So imagine AL did that to your vanities, how would you feel?

All of these none-collectors hating on us, but in reality we are a huge community of people that are just trying to remember AL for how it used to be.

I do not like the re-release of collectibles at all. I do not want AL's history of items to be forgotten and replaced by vanities, but if that's what you guys want, then go ahead, we cannot stop you, but simply urge you to re-consider future events like this for the sake of your game.

Thank you.
    -Amxlia
    If they are re-released they will be recolored/recoloured but even so I recall back on PL people with EMS complain how it got rereleased as an op L110 weapon but to me it still wasn't an EMS...I guess its somewhat a matter of opinion.

For example if I see a recoloured ice spirit set, to me it is just that. Like a fake knock-off version lol

LINKS CAN HACK YOU, now visit the wiki ;D
    https://arcanelegends.fandom.com/wik...e_Legends_Wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuz View Post
    before event : " whoaa para item that's nice look..."
    after event : "goddamn my eyes hurt"

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
    good meme...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

i GUESS Whack the auras in store crates?

im just thinking of how to maintain the rarity to somewhat please those who are sad about it, but i guess a re-release is what it is. maybe sell em' for 500m?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal_Blood View Post
    i GUESS Whack the auras in store crates?

im just thinking of how to maintain the rarity to somewhat please those who are sad about it, but i guess a re-release is what it is.

maybe sell em' for 500m?
    500m for the auras from token vendor?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman Is here View Post
    Are you pulling my leg? pets and vanity commodities? what benefit does a vanity give the player running a map? last time i checked my vanity doesn’t heal, boost my stats, or attack mobs so maybe you’re playing a different game entirely. (Same can be said about a lvl1 collectable)

Real collectors don’t want their items they’ve worked hard for to become some generic vanity you find everyday at the bottom of the auction listings. You want to act like you’re some sort of collectable spokesman for the average person, if you want to give your items away and share it with everyone go right ahead i guess i missed your last giveaways, but don’t expect everyone else to do the same.

Remind me the last time these “merchers” sold a crier vest, or sold a flurry mask for warrior, or a purple demon set. You’re generalizing the entire community of collectors because of a handful of low tier merchers who found another market. I’ll say it again incase you misread the first time, if you want to collect these sets then get in line with the rest and put the time,effort,money everyone else had to give, this event is a big handout to the wannabes and it’s pitiful honestly (:
    Since we’re being honest, I believe forerunner was 15-25k gold , and epic heraldic was 30 plat , and crier was 15 plat in store XD, same with black commando and the “founder “ sets. You guys don’t care for your collectibles, you care only for the value they hold. So who’s the real merchant here? Most of you didn’t pay 1-3bil for crier. You all just kept it and raised its value to what you deemed fit. I wonder if you’d still would’ve kept it if it was still worth 15 plat in store.

What will you have when AL is no more? Your 50billion worth crier would become worthless since it doesn’t exist anymore…”pitiful honesty”…

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Alghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alghost View Post
    Since we’re being honest, I believe forerunner was 15-25k gold , and epic heraldic was 30 plat , and crier was 15 plat in store XD, same with black commando and the “founder “ sets. You guys don’t care for your collectibles, you care only for the value they hold. So who’s the real merchant here? Most of you didn’t pay 1-3bil for crier. You all just kept it and raised its value to what you deemed fit. I wonder if you’d still would’ve kept it if it was still worth 15 plat in store.

What will you have when AL is no more? Your 50billion worth crier would become worthless since it doesn’t exist anymore…”pitiful honesty”…
    Bro woke up and chose to speak facts

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

W

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Many people here need to touch grass

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

i didn’t buy any of my items for those prices, and anyone collecting these days are paying hundreds of millions, if you don’t have the means to afford it then that’s your own problem. The difference between a collector and you is that even if we both started today i would still try to get everything i wanted and you would simply sit and cry about how hard it would be.

If AL was shutdown tomorrow i would still have enjoyed playing the game legitimately and not have acted like a bum on the forum for things i wanted (: