Thread: Dexmage versus Intmage / Pure Int - A Factual Guide

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    ...are you sure that critical hit is capped at 100%?
    The "cap" I was referring to is that both Raid Auto-Bow and Custom Recurve give an actual critical rate of more than 100% with Blessing of Might, but cannot actually do so. The Raid set nets a 103% Crit, while the Custom Recurve nets 109%. Obviously, you can't Critical more than 100% of the time, so the extra % is wasted.

But yes, you can land 100% Criticals if your Critical % is that high. At least I'm almost sure I read that (Physiological). If I am wrong, and it's capped at something less than 100%, then the edge shifts more in favor of Enchanted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kamikazees View Post
    The "cap" I was referring to is that both Raid Auto-Bow and Custom Recurve give an actual critical rate of more than 100% with Blessing of Might, but cannot actually do so. The Raid set nets a 103% Crit, while the Custom Recurve nets 109%. Obviously, you can't Critical more than 100% of the time, so the extra % is wasted.

But yes, you can land 100% Criticals if your Critical % is that high. At least I'm almost sure I read that (Physiological). If I am wrong, and it's capped at something less than 100%, then the edge shifts more in favor of Enchanted.
    Yes, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic
    VIII. The Search for a Crit Cap

Much thanks to WhoIsThis for testing this with me.

In this section, we try to establish if a possible cap to crit exists; our main reason to test this out is simply because a hit% cap exists. At the moment, the highest possible crit value can only be achieved by a mage due to their powerful +60% crit buff. As such, we used WhoIsThis' pure INT mage to test this out. This was tested in Alien Oasis III: Close Encounters. Attacks were ONLY recorded while the mage was buffed for 94% crit.

Pure INT mage stats: Lv 56, 1/2/330 stat distribution
    Pure INT mage equips: Mastermind Wand/Bracer combo
    Crit: 34% unbuffed, 94% buffed

cccccccccc
    dcccccddcc
    cdccccdccc
    cccccccccc
    cddccccccd
    cccccdcccc
    cccccccccc
    hccccdcdhd
    cccccccchc
    cccccccccc
    cdcdccc

Total attempted hits in Close Encounters: 107
    Dodge: 14
    Successful hits: 93

Non-criticals landed: 3 (3.2%)
    Criticals landed: 90 (96.8%)

So far, no evidence of a crit cap less than 94% crit exists. If a crit cap does exist, it will be much higher than the hit% cap.

Since the sample number was small compared to the hit% data sample numbers, we will probably have to record more values down in the future.