Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding future development on legacy games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    100% definite. We will, however, keep them running for the foreseeable future.
    By foreseeable future what are you inferring?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Will the time based vanities still get distributed? For example the 3 year shields and such

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lal View Post
    By foreseeable future what are you inferring?
    He's saying one day they will close the servers

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mutilating For This Useful Post:

lal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mutilating View Post
    He's saying one day they will close the servers
    Alright I see

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Sorry, we won't refund any plat you have already spent. We may transfer unspent balances (if it was purchased). Please contact support.
    I guess that's a plus thanks wasn't very happy that 1k was going to be wasted on my account when I could invest the plat on another game

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #106
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Reminder, please keep it level. I get that you are upset. This was not an easy decision for us either.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Reminder, please keep it level. I get that you are upset. This was not an easy decision for us either.
    Then why make the decision? It's not even a smart one in my opinion. One less game equals one less game that makes you money. Isn't money your whole point?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I'm completely cool, I don't think my post was out of line or needed deleted.
    Extremely sad, but far from angry.

Gary, is there any chance we can atleast get some game exclusive vanities for our PL/SL/DL achievements. For instance, I'd love a CoP in AL or a Demonic Flame vanity banner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Then why make the decision? It's not even a smart one in my opinion. One less game equals one less game that makes you money. Isn't money your whole point?
    To be fair their decision makes a lot of sense. I just wish they would have realized it before they started expanding beyond one game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    To be fair their decision makes a lot of sense. I just wish they would have realized it before they started expanding beyond one game.
    How does losing money make sense?

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #111
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I understand that is your opinion. We need to consolidate our development bandwidth on our bigger games. You are correct, it is a business decision.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Exactly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

It's sad to hear this news. You get credit for making the announcement (as unpopular as it is) rather than just letting it limp along by avoiding the issue.

When the development on PL ramped down, I searched around for another game that I could enjoy in its place. I didn't find anything that captured the same fun though. The pace, complexity, and general gameplay of PL is uniquely engaging. It finds a great balance between depth of content and "casual breeziness" that I haven't found elsewhere. You can have a lot of fun playing it without having to invest your whole life just to keep up (but you can invest as much time as you want when you feel like binging). Add to that the multi-platform support and single, unified world (i.e. no segmentation into distinct servers) and you really have something good.

It's a shame that you don't want to keep developing on it, because you have a great foundation to build on and a good "tone" of content that makes it a fun place to explore. That makes it a double-edged sword, though, because it really hurts when something good gets yanked away before its time. I'm with Sue on not wanting to go down this road with you again based on this experience, which really is too bad. But I don't regret the fun I've had along the way.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fusionstrike For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I've been playing SL for 3 years and is by far my favorite STS game, and just reading through this thread is depressing.
    SL: Medetix, Materialisimo, Zedetix, Acrylite
    YouTube: bit.ly/Medetix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I think investing in one game only is a drastic thing mostly towards a game most dont even agree with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

How does losing money make sense?
    They are probably going to lose revenue for awhile, but when they get 100% focussed on one game it will greatly improve that game.

Imagine how great PL would be today if they had sorry improved it versus making 3 more imitations.
    The Legends games take a lot of development for new content unlike MOBA and COC type games. Where a few graphics and stats can bring in far more revenue than it cost.

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #117
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionstrike View Post
    It's sad to hear this news. You get credit for making the announcement (as unpopular as it is) rather than just letting it limp along by avoiding the issue.

When the development on PL ramped down, I searched around for another game that I could enjoy in its place. I didn't find anything that captured the same fun though. The pace, complexity, and general gameplay of PL is uniquely engaging. It finds a great balance between depth of content and "casual breeziness" that I haven't found elsewhere. You can have a lot of fun playing it without having to invest your whole life just to keep up (but you can invest as much time as you want when you feel like binging). Add to that the multi-platform support and single, unified world (i.e. no segmentation into distinct servers) and you really have something good.

It's a shame that you don't want to keep developing on it, because you have a great foundation to build on and a good "tone" of content that makes it a fun place to explore. That makes it a double-edged sword, though, because it really hurts when something good gets yanked away before its time. I'm with Sue on not wanting to go down this road with you again based on this experience, which really is too bad. But I don't regret the fun I've had along the way.
    Thanks Fusionstrike. I really appreciate it. You have been around for a long time too. FYI, it is not unusual for MMOs to go away. We're not even sunsetting ours, we're just being honest about no new content. MMOs go away. It is part of their lifecycle. Here are a few: http://www.mmofront.com/mmo/discontinued/

This does not mean that we WANT to stop developing on ours, but it is what it is.
    | | | |

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Thank you guys for a great game, I'm sure to now leave Pocket Legends for good (all my friends gone anyways) and FINALLY move onto something better. I'm sure to check out the new MOBA just because I love this company and community, but I can't say that I'll stick around. While PL being basically shutdown minus the server, I feel that this honestly gives a big amount of people the oppurtunity to get off their butts and do something irl Can't wait for the teasers.

One thing I do have to ask, however. Is the MOBA going to be based off of Arcane Legends? Or is it something completely different than any Legends game theme you've ever had?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I have to say, I do appreciate that STG is honest about this and that I am thankful I decided to make the jump to AL when I did. I just want to tell PL veterans...give AL a shot...level to end-game. Try the new tombs content. There are very good revenue methods in place to farm the gear that you need and maybe pick up an arcane or two along the way!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Fao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yet well done with pl and sl. Hope one day you guys change your mind. Im out till then if ever happen. Pl and sl best games youve produced a big thumbs up good luck towards your next stuff, maybe your new game ill try it since some friends want me to come along and get what we used to have. I was just angry at first bur now i see why not too care.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Koolops For This Useful Post: