Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Buy pots"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Oak I’ll run with you anytime... I spam heal and Mishi is my go-to pet! We’re all set, if you mana isn’t full, then I’ll just throw Mishi a treat 😉

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ucamaeben For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Three players aren't doing x though. I think this is the very first time I have came across a mage who doesn't give Mana. Most Mages are polite and an asset to any team.

So to answer your question I think he should respec his character and choose skills that help others instead of being selfish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by macgreaze View Post
    Three players aren't doing x though. I think this is the very first time I have came across a mage who doesn't give Mana. Most Mages are polite and an asset to any team.

So to answer your question I think he should respec his character and choose skills that help others instead of being selfish.
    Or realize mages "help" you by stunning, knocking mobs down, freezing them, or rooting them in place forever. All four of those attacks of mine save you ( & the pt ) from even getting hit, & I do it without crying for you to so much as heal me.

#respondingtotrollpostcuzweedslegalhere

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

First things first, if you are running a hard map and you tell your party that you are not using pots, nobody will want to run with you. It is expected for everyone to use pots in order to survive and make runs faster, so get used to it.

Second, if you ever are a mage, you know using heal in big group of enemies is a terrible idea. Why? Because as soon as you use heal, all the mobs target that mage and they usually die instantly or have to spam pots in order to survive. That is a big reason why most "good" mages dont use heal.

Also, a typical mage skill build is shield, gale, time shift, and fire/ice. Which of these do you expect them to give up in order to make room for heal? Each of these skills I just mentioned play a huge role in dealing damage, surving, and making runs generally faster. Cutting any one of these skills just to save pots is just a bad idea.

For a better illustration, if you were given an option to run with a person using nekro or a person using jack, which would you choose? Nekros aa gives a shield, does damage, chance to stun, etc. Jacks aa only gives mana. I can guarentee that everyone would choose to run with a nekro user as the boost from the aa is very significant as opposed to jacks. So too is it for mages, as people would rather run wih a mage with and op damage skill with numerous boosts as opposed to a mage who uses a skill that only preserves pots.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Heal skill for mage ends in getting focused by curse and aimed shot. Also waste of a skill slot for pve. Sorry but personally i would never run with somebody who doesnt use pots.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Lol most mages don't heal anymore for a reason, and pots exist for a reason, and there can't be 2 healers on the team, mages control mobs, rogues attack, tank heals, protects everyone, and keeps everyone alive, if you stop healing with your tank, then you aren't really doing your roll correctly, mages heal only mana and hp but tanks heal gives hp and a shield temporarily, if mages keep healing they can't control mobs, if tanks keep healing everyone will stay alive and is protected in a massive clash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Says the guy who selfishly refuses to buy pots and wants others to play specifically how he wants...yeah mages are so selfish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Mages with heal should work in tandem with warrior heal. The warrior heal gives a 3 second shield and buffed armor mastery. Mages throw mana/heal right after warrior with warrior heal shield active. Also, the warrior heal has taunt (up to 5) that will ensure that the mage and rest of party can settle in.

Most challenging groups of mobs take about 5-10 seconds to clear with an efficient, effective party that has a mage, warrior and rogue.

This is an example of how different character types compliment eachother.

Mages throwing mana after warrior really helps warrior because by this time the warrior has used at least three mana skills (for me: vengeful blood, skyward smash, and horn of renew, and chest splitter) to pull mobs. So the warrior is immediately topped off and ready again.
    Last edited by Ucamaeben; 06-16-2018 at 06:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ucamaeben View Post
    Mages with heal should work in tandem with warrior heal. The warrior heal gives a 3 second shield and buffed armor mastery. Mages throw mana/heal right after warrior with warrior heal shield active. Also, the warrior heal has taunt (up to 5) that will ensure that the mage and rest of party can settle in.
    If mages throw heal right after the tank do, it will ruin aggro and mobs will run to mage instead to tank. If mage want to use heal they should do it right before tank so they will stay safe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Mages heal should be only used in easier maps(if they want to) period.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

not anymore homie,buy pots now xd cyaaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I only use heal in PvP or easy maps, period, as with most mages I know, I run with some that do and that's fine, BOTH ways are fine and I want to break down why these other four skills are way more important:
    Arcane Shield: to live in large pulls

Gale Force: knockback and AoE damage along with a mastery that removes rebuffs over time (IMMUE TO MAUS MAGE CURSE!!!)

Fireball: huge AoE damage and stun on top of burning damage

Time Shift: again big AoE damage and roots enemies along with damage over time and a mastery that permanently freezes some enemies

With a professional pot tapping thumb like mine there is no need for heal and I do way more for my party with this set up then using heal

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    524 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Webb View Post
    I only use heal in PvP or easy maps, period, as with most mages I know, I run with some that do and that's fine, BOTH ways are fine and I want to break down why these other four skills are way more important:
    Arcane Shield: to live in large pulls

Gale Force: knockback and AoE damage along with a mastery that removes rebuffs over time (IMMUE TO MAUS MAGE CURSE!!!)

Fireball: huge AoE damage and stun on top of burning damage

Time Shift: again big AoE damage and roots enemies along with damage over time and a mastery that permanently freezes some enemies

With a professional pot tapping thumb like mine there is no need for heal and I do way more for my party with this set up then using heal

Oooo.. glad I saw this, am going to respec my mage skills. I haven't played on it for ages because I'm so used to rogue and can't get the hang of it. In other words it keeps dying. It's level 61, all I need to know now is what gear to stick on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Oooo.. glad I saw this, am going to respec my mage skills. I haven't played on it for ages because I'm so used to rogue and can't get the hang of it. In other words it keeps dying. It's level 61, all I need to know now is what gear to stick on it.
    Make sure you take advantage of the gale force mastery