Thread: Endgame Fox Status

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

^ sounds good.

Also, Evasion, the skill used to break freeze/root/stuns on the fox, has a cooldown of 15 seconds. Once you use evasion for the buffs you lose your ability to break freeze/root/stuns until the long cooldown passes. In comparison of cooldown times across the five classes, the fox has to wait 5x as long as a mage, 3x as long as a bear/rhino, and 2x as long as a bird between being able to break those freeze/root/stuns.

Perhaps reduce the cooldown of the fox Evasion skill, -or- move the break freeze/root/stun effect of that skill over to the Fox Howl skill, which has a 5.5 second cooldown.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    ^ sounds good.

Also, Evasion, the skill used to break freeze/root/stuns on the fox, has a cooldown of 15 seconds. Once you use evasion for the buffs you lose your ability to break freeze/root/stuns until the long cooldown passes. In comparison of cooldown times across the five classes, the fox has to wait 5x as long as a mage, 3x as long as a bear/rhino, and 2x as long as a bird between being able to break those freeze/root/stuns.

Perhaps reduce the cooldown of the fox Evasion skill, -or- move the break freeze/root/stun effect of that skill over to the Fox Howl skill, which has a 5.5 second cooldown.
    Firstly, thank you for bringing this up, because I had completely forgotten to mention it in my post.

I feel like the inability to unroot as a fox is somewhat critical to the character model of dealing high damage but being somewhat defenseless. I would like a lower cooldown of evasion, as you stated, however I feel that reducing the cooldown too much could lead to fox losing its assassin identity and becoming more of a generic burst class (like pure int mage). I personally would prefer Evasion to have a 10-12 second cooldown, which I think would be a minor enough change to give ranger some relative power without accidentally overcompensating.

Again thank you for bringing this up because it is a very valid aspect of the ranger balancing discussion.

EDIT: I would personally find it more viable to integrate either the armor buff or evasion buff first, see how the changes affect the class, and then either integrate the other buff accordingly or omit it completely if ranger is brought to a relatively good strength after the initial change.
    Last edited by Congeniality; 09-17-2017 at 02:39 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post: