Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pl is getting a bit slow?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Default Pl is getting a bit slow?

So wile most may of noticed this when joining areas or matches it is becoming more and more noticeable as I start playing more often. So here's what I got: I've de-installed pl 3 times this week and that did not fix it and I checked my Internet speed and I'm running pretty good (about 23 up 17 down) and for that matter I hear more ppl saying there lagging more often. So is this just a spotty server day?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    384 Posts

I can't really relate to what you mean because I am always lagging but its my connection due to the fact that the only Internet company available to my area is also the worst one around. And the more people that use that company that are using the Internet, the more I lag or lose Internet. It sucks and its hard to play anything like that but its a fact in life that I just have to deal with.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

Programmed-Level 85 mage, Praktica-Level 85 rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

A bit? lol

It's been lagging like crazy off and on the past 2 weeks or so. It's not you, or me, as it effects everyone in the room. I'm guessing since PL is no longer a priority adding servers for them is never going to happen and this will get worse and worse until PL dies.

That was quite a depressing thought. I'm usually the eternal optimist!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Ask the technical geniuses on these forums.

As for myself, my lag has been horrendous lately. People teleporting everywhere, bears slashing me from 12m, and my repulse shot bringing people closer to me, rather than shooting them away O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Yeah its maybe the antennas on your devices or just the servers my Ipad 2 always has 70-150 ping no spikes or lag but lately my kindle fire has been lag spiking all over hitting 600-1k ping instead of my usual 50-150 ping.
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

Reputation and Thanks are serious business
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,080 Posts

If you say 23 or 17 do you mean ping?

Have you checked the battery saver option if it's turned on or vice versa? It's the super lag maker, a friend of me had the same problem until I told him to check his options.

Here is what i mean:
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-10-15-23-42-21.png
Views: 391
Size:  94.7 KB

TL: |AL|DL|PL|SL|BC|BD|
    Exps :|AL|DL|PL|SL|
    Other threads here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig:1300190

Have you checked the battery saver option if it's turned on or vice versa? It's the super lag maker, a friend of me had the same problem until I told him to check his options.

Here is what i mean:

I think he ment 23 megabytes and 17 megabytes (the download and upload measurements when checking internet speed).

My LG phone runs on a 4G network.

I get an average of 2-4MB Download/Upload during the day and boosts to 5-8MB download/upload at night.

This is a decent connection that very rarely makes my internet-based Apps Lag.

BUT pocket legends never fails to Lag, even at night when im on blazing fast speed.

I Assume its because of the force that is required to run it. Im talking about mobile users. A good sign that PL takes a lot to run is the fact that it overheats most phones. I notice when my phone is hot, the game lags more.

One more thing. I actually live in Dallas,TX.
    Not very far from Austin.
    You would assume with my good connection and close to the servers, id never have lag.
    But..
    I notice when there are various people present in a Map (pve or pvp) that are not in the US, example, maybe they are from Europe.
    & if they have a bad connection , they actually affect my connection.
    I dont know why or how.
    But this always leads me to blame other players for my lag.
    It sucks. I agree that it must be related to the STS servers but at the same time it is a big Mmorpg and maybe lag is inevitable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aerospacegod View Post
    A bit? lol

It's been lagging like crazy off and on the past 2 weeks or so. It's not you, or me, as it effects everyone in the room. I'm guessing since PL is no longer a priority adding servers for them is never going to happen and this will get worse and worse until PL dies.

That was quite a depressing thought. I'm usually the eternal optimist!
    Yah I thought that's what it was that's sad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post
    I think he ment 23 megabytes and 17 megabytes (the download and upload measurements when checking internet speed).

I get an average of 2-4MB Download/Upload during the day and boosts to 5-8MB download/upload at night.

BUT pocket legends never fails to Lag, even at night when im on blazing fast speed.

I Assume its because of the force that is required to run it. Im talking about mobile users. A good sign that PL takes a lot to run is the fact that it overheats most phones. I notice when my phone is hot, the game lags more.

You would assume with my good connection and close to the servers, id never have lag.
    But..
    I notice when there are various people present in a Map (pve or pvp) that are not in the US, example, maybe they are from Europe.
    I dont know why or how.
    It sucks. I agree that it must be related to the STS servers but at the same time it is a big Mmorpg and maybe lag is inevitable.
    Wile I do agree mobile systems can heat up and lag that's not the case here with me running pl on my ipad 2 which is running cold constantly never have had it get hot for that matter:/. What I believe is happening is there lowering pl's servers and that's what's causing this flop of sudden lag everyone has been getting side the word of (no cap of content on the horizon was posted)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post

Here is what i mean:
    And lastly I mean megabits on Internet speed and I have my battery settings maxed out on top of that I've been playing 3 years so I know this option but thank you for saying it anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DocDoBig View Post

Here is what i mean:
    So to reduce lag should I set it to save more or save less?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IGN Storm View Post
    So to reduce lag should I set it to save more or save less?
    Save less will make it less laggy/slow but drain your battery so much faster...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePvpTwink For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingzila:1300501
    Quote Originally Posted by OccultFormula View Post

But..
    I dont know why or how.
    Wile I do agree mobile systems can heat up and lag that's not the case here with me running pl on my ipad 2 which is running cold constantly never have had it get hot for that matter:/. What I believe is happening is there lowering pl's servers and that's what's causing this flop of sudden lag everyone has been getting side the word of (no cap of content on the horizon was posted)

Well if you are on an Ipad and are in fast speed such as Maxed Wifi or 4g, and all your other apps run perfectly, fast and smooth, such as the Internet Browser then one would assume its not one's internet connection.

I actually wouldn't like that answer from a Developer, if i was to ask why PL lags.

Something along the lines of "You are lagging because your internet connection is slow or you have too much stuff in the background running".

Anyways, I've never played Al.
    Who in this thread plays Al?

Can one of you verify for me, if the lag on PL, is as common as it is on Al? Or does Al really do have less lag because of what most of us are mentioning ?(The Servers)

Battle Dragons never lags on me. But It is a very simple game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Is it just PL or is it everything else? It could be their data center. If I recall (devs please correct if I am wrong), PL and all of STS games are currently using the North Virginia data center from Amazon. Let's just say that from talking with system administrators, many of them say that the Amazon center is not the most reliable. They do offer very competitive rates, but it's not always a reliable connection.

See if it goes away after time and test out other STS games. If all STS games lag, it's not your connection, it's the Amazon data center, which unfortunately is beyond the control of STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

before i wasnt know pl lag mean, never laged, but last weeks laging... i am on same device " rooted and everything off " still laging.. just tryed AL after read that topic, and AL not have lag... maybe pl lag, or maybe my download AL time my lag gone thats why AL non lag..

my opinion PL geting last breaths thats the reason of lag )

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

Default Pl is getting a bit slow?

When Ever Angel Lags, She Blames It On Me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis:1300548
    Is it just PL or is it everything else? It could be their data center. If I recall (devs please correct if I am wrong), PL and all of STS games are currently using the North Virginia data center from Amazon. Let's just say that from talking with system administrators, many of them say that the Amazon center is not the most reliable. They do offer very competitive rates, but it's not always a reliable connection.

See if it goes away after time and test out other STS games. If all STS games lag, it's not your connection, it's the Amazon data center, which unfortunately is beyond the control of STS.

Interesting, never knew that. I just got done playing pl. Ping in pvp was green for a few mins. Then mad Red 1000+ minutes after. I just left because I couldnt even do anything. Checked my internet speed , and its pretty fast at the moment. Almost 1 a.m here and getting 7.5MBS download speed on 4G. Posting screenshot.Definitely not my internet connection.
    I dnt know whats going on :/
    Maybe the servers are in their last run (close to being outdated)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomsChaos:1300572

my opinion PL geting last breaths thats the reason of lag )

I Agree.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    481 Posts

Phew. Thought it was my internet.
    Judgementals, Retired Officer of Rated M.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Extreme For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Don't sit behind mcdonalds.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Elitephonix For This Useful Post: