Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Change stats on mythic mage helms (Vili's cowl)- What and why

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

So, after I played with the DPS calculator some I see crits still aren't the best (any +dam is better than +crit, at least at this stage in the game). In this case the choice is crit or health, both are minor enough to not make a huge difference. For me, I'll take the little extra damage some crit can do if the health isn't enough to let me survive one additional hit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    So, after I played with the DPS calculator some I see crits still aren't the best (any +dam is better than +crit, at least at this stage in the game). In this case the choice is crit or health, both are minor enough to not make a huge difference. For me, I'll take the little extra damage some crit can do if the health isn't enough to let me survive one additional hit.
    In that elite map 'Southern seas', 160HP can make the difference between getting one-hit killed or staying alive just enough to be able to use a health pot. The only upside is that you don't need to run far to get back to that boss, but you're not spamming skills in the time you're dead so overall Damage dealt will go down. I'd rather be able to continue to deal Dmg than deal about 1% more Dmg and be dead all the time.

Edit: just to make clear, I'm using 'of security' robe for more health points and some armor. I tested the above using a str ring and amulet which adds some armor and about 100(or less?) HP. I managed to survive that boss' hard hit with the little extra HP and armor as compared to being one-hit killed without it.
    Last edited by JaytB; 03-06-2013 at 05:04 AM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    In that elite map 'Southern seas', 160HP can make the difference between getting one-hit killed or staying alive just enough to be able to use a health pot. The only upside is that you don't need to run far to get back to that boss, but you're not spamming skills in the time you're dead so overall Damage dealt will go down. I'd rather be able to continue to deal Dmg than deal about 1% more Dmg and be dead all the time.

Edit: just to make clear, I'm using 'of security' robe for more health points and some armor. I tested the above using a str ring and amulet which adds some armor and about 100(or less?) HP. I managed to survive that boss' hard hit with the little extra HP and armor as compared to being one-hit killed without it.
    I'm going to test more when I have the time (been a busy week for me). I was really hoping crit would be worth it after the update, but after playing with the calculator I'm seeing it's not as good as hoped. I've already been convinced to move back to colton, though I like clyde's power, so I'll test it. Moving back means a gear change, I'll lose too much health (or I assume) by moving back to colton.

After more testing, I might be doing a respec (I have enough plat for one or two) and dropping the couple points in crit. I don't have the mass freeze effect, and with elites that will be helpful (but not needed IMO). Not going to respec until after the next update, we'll see how they weaken things, and what the new items will do to change things.