Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-08-09 Content Update (257521)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    Remove the new gold system. I've already stated why it doesn't help against bots and what alternative fixes would be better to use.
    It helps against bots as the efficiency is worse but not completely gone. Though i do agree that there is no real point in forcing us to pick up gold. People have suggested that the maps reset to different arrangement based on a RNG system.

Everything else seems perfect. Staff got a bit more tweaking, idk if anyone has tested the sword. If weapons are available in the vendor, i will for sure pick me up a staff for enchanting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    It helps against bots as the efficiency is worse but not completely gone. Though i do agree that there is no real point in forcing us to pick up gold. People have suggested that the maps reset to different arrangement based on a RNG system.

Everything else seems perfect. Staff got a bit more tweaking, idk if anyone has tested the sword. If weapons are available in the vendor, i will for sure pick me up a staff for enchanting.
    This new gold system wouldn't help with bots as needed. The person who makes these bots could use more bots to fill the efficiency gap, and add new commands (e.g. move around the area after every 5 meters and at the end, they can run around the game) in order to pick up all the gold.

In the end, the best solution is that this game's developers find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots -- not meddle with the current system to damage players the most while bots can still continue (as explained above). Lots of other game creators have found ways to stop botting activity -- STS should too easily.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,192 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots
    Tell me more about this one player. Thanks.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    This new gold system wouldn't help with bots as needed. The person who makes these bots could use more bots to fill the efficiency gap, and add new commands (e.g. move around the area after every 5 meters and at the end, they can run around the game) in order to pick up all the gold.

In the end, the best solution is that this game's developers find a way to remove this single player who's running these 6 bots -- not meddle with the current system to damage players the most while bots can still continue (as explained above). Lots of other game creators have found ways to stop botting activity -- STS should too easily.
    It still effects efficiency regardless of how many bots running. I agree that its still not a significant impact but for the person(s) botting, it will require more work for them to be able to keep getting the amounts they were getting before. Yes, creating new scripts or another system that negates the fact that we have to pick up gold loot will be tedious for said person but doesnt stop them in the end. Exactly why i see no point in forcing people to pick up gold loot. .

I and others have suggest a RNG based system to where every map generates a random path to reach the end. Its so much harder to run a script when the map changes every single time and it isnt consistent. Its not easily "hacked" (i guess you could say) in order for bots to abuse farming gold.