Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Exclamation L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)

video is pretty self explanatory

Now here is a video of a fox using the same gear as the rhino above. The fox's damage doesn't even come close to the rhino's. If anything, foxes should be able to nuke fast, not rhinos.

Last edited by SuperGotenks; 09-11-2019 at 03:17 PM. Reason: added video of fox for damage comparison
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

2 words. Blamo seto

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Woops i posted the wrong video. ill update post in a bit
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    2 words. Blamo seto
    More like blamo cinco
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Bump because this needs attention
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

It's the sets, not the class.

It's like using a melee dex set in terms of damage output. The str set also doesn't tank well compared to traditional tanking sets, it just has enough damage output that it can nuke you quickly before dying. So it needs a significant damage nerf and a large health buff - probably thousands of health.

The same goes for every 2H set as well, otherwise classes will just use these other sets like talon that weren't touched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    It's the sets, not the class.

It's like using a melee dex set in terms of damage output. The str set also doesn't tank well compared to traditional tanking sets, it just has enough damage output that it can nuke you quickly before dying. So it needs a significant damage nerf and a large health buff - probably thousands of health.

The same goes for every 2H set as well, otherwise classes will just use these other sets like talon that weren't touched.
    I have added a video including a fox using the same setup and not doing nearly as much damage as the rhino. This is not a set problem because Rhino's are stronger than all other classes combined.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGotenks View Post
    I have added a video including a fox using the same setup and not doing nearly as much damage as the rhino. This is not a set problem because Rhino's are stronger than all other classes combined.
    I bet you would get way more support if there was more than 10 people with mythic sets in pvp at 110

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Instead of using a stun combo that mostly debuffs how about you try rabid shred ham darts instead. Rabid is the only skill actually doing any damage in that combo so that's a terrible comparison. If you look at the description of Hamstring you'll see why he didn't do the same amount of damage. Rabid shred might just be enough to actually kill you alone and that's not a combo that gives any sort of combo damage like rabid ham.

Even then foxes are generally weak in endgame regardless. A better comparison would of been to use a wand mage to test frost fire or ice storm fire

Name:  Screenshot_20190911-203038.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  145.9 KB.Name:  Screenshot_20190911-202936.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  150.2 KB
    Last edited by MageFFA; 09-11-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default L110 Rhino (current state of PvP)

Quote Originally Posted by MageFFA View Post
    Instead of using a stun combo that mostly debuffs how about you try rabid shred ham darts instead. Rabid is the only skill actually doing any damage in that combo so that's a terrible comparison. If you look at the description of Hamstring you'll see why he didn't do the same amount of damage. Rabid shred might just be enough to actually kill you alone and that's not a combo that gives any sort of combo damage like rabid ham.

Even then foxes are generally weak in endgame regardless. A better comparison would of been to use a wand mage to test frost fire or ice storm fire

Name:  Screenshot_20190911-203038.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  145.9 KB.Name:  Screenshot_20190911-202936.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  150.2 KB
    Thank you for pointing out that redemption does 2x combo damage on top of the traditional 2x damage from a regular combo (from other classes). I didn’t know this previously. This makes Rhinos do 4x combo damage, which makes this skill overpowered in endgame since everyone has high damage. Additionally, the “2x combo damage bonus” from redemption needs to be taken off immedietly. I believe this to be the main issue with it nuking every class with 2 skills. Also, the point of comparing rhino against a fox is to prove that a melee support/tank does higher BURST damage than a melee ASSASSIN.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Thank you for pointing out that redemption does 2x combo damage on top of the traditional 2x damage from a regular combo (from other classes). I didn’t know this previously. This makes Rhinos do 4x combo damage, which makes this skill overpowered in endgame since everyone has high damage. Additionally, the “2x combo damage bonus” from redemption needs to be taken off immedietly. I believe this to be the main issue with it nuking every class with 2 skills. Also, the point of comparing rhino against a fox is to prove that a melee support/tank does higher BURST damage than a melee ASSASSIN.
    You do understand mages Hotflash combo is a 30% added damage multiplier on fire right? Same with natural strike which is a 50% added damage multiplier on Lightning. It's easy to take shots at rhinos for having a nerfed down x2 combo multiplier after redemption was nerfed 3 times, only 1 was justified. The first redemption nerf removed the guaranteed health leech each time 'juiced' landed, effectively killing the meta of charge red to charge tempest since it deals more damage.

No. Rhinos don't deal more damage than foxes because the combo you used has 1 skill THAT DOESN'T DEAL ANY SORT OF DAMAGE. The better comparison would of been to use rabid shred ham instead so that shred could do in for the lost damage. That's like trying to use hot flash without using a ice skill of using cruel blast without using avian. Any experienced and avid fox user would know this.

This entire thread is nothing short but saying rhinos should be removed from the game at this point. The damage delt from juiced combo Is amongst the lowest of all classes, right above foxes and right below bears beck stomp. Charge L.1 and Charge L.10 is no difference in stats and juiced was nerfed down for it's damage twice. Removing the combo damage would just be taking ALL the damage from the combo itself and that won't do anything to solve the problem. Instead of blaming the class start blaming the sets and balances for having such extreme stats in HP, Damage, and a stupid set heal that gives every class a second heal. I already vsed your bird in honor with my rhino with both honor sets and I lost each time without getting a single killed. You've already seen me vs a 20 rhino with my 20 bird where you was me ahhnilate it as a 20 bird, a class rhinos would 10-0 in all levels but 45, 66, 76, and 77.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Nerf mage, nerf rhino, nerf fox, buff birds, why dont you ask for a new game? Why dont you ask for a L110 set stat rework? Not a nerf, just a rework, same on rhino skills, rhino has the weakest skill build, if u dont nuke with charge and redem you dont have more tools.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    Nerf mage, nerf rhino, nerf fox, buff birds, why dont you ask for a new game? Why dont you ask for a L110 set stat rework? Not a nerf, just a rework, same on rhino skills, rhino has the weakest skill build, if u dont nuke with charge and redem you dont have more tools.
    A REWORK? u know how much work that would be. What they even get in return? Your happiness? Hah. Irrelevant.
    Can’t explain chess moves to Pokemon Go players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Rework on stats is not impossible, idc about endgame anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

1v1ed a bear in honor using both 100 and 105 sets with my rhino, by this threads logic a op class. Casually gets beat. Came down to the point where he didn't even need to buff to beat me and have full hp. Yet rhinos are op guys. Total 1 shot 1 skill best class in the game no way it loses to anything. Gets 10-0ed by a bird in honor with both sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Why are you lying? In honor arena were sets are balanced, rhino is absolutely useless. 0 dmg 0 tankyness, add me, you can test yourself pvping my rhino, you will win every fight with any class.

'Gear is what makes rhinos good, thats something ive learn over years, rhino itself is weak and has worst skills'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naetheanimal View Post
    Why are you lying? In honor arena were sets are balanced, rhino is absolutely useless. 0 dmg 0 tankyness, add me, you can test yourself pvping my rhino, you will win every fight with any class.

'Gear is what makes rhinos good, thats something ive learn over years, rhino itself is weak and has worst skills'
    First of all, gear is what makes any class good. Second of all, Rhino is a support healer / tank, not an assassin. Never should a rhino two shot in pvp anywhere. Endgame pvp is relevant, not honor.
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

First of all, gear is what makes any class good. Second of all, Rhino is a support healer / tank, not an assassin. Never should a rhino two shot in pvp anywhere. Endgame pvp is relevant, not honor.
    The gear is what makes rhino two shot in pvp. Tone down the gear and the rhino won't two shot as in past endgame caps where rhino was exactly the same. Only difference before was that rhinos had a stronger redemption before being nerfed and still didn't two shot players with previous endgame gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Again I do no evny the mammoth task pvpers have challenged for sts. To balance pvp

I have no easy fix solutions to pvp and the never ending issues regarding imbalance.

What I do think about is how any tweak for this, can not only affect pve but other levels all over as well as honor pvp. There is a cause and effect of any changes.

I have no solution but to beat a dead horse and suggest honor pvp for an attempt for a more balanced pvp arena with no enchantments, everyone using similar gear to start on a more even playing field.

However honor in itself is not entirely balanced amongst the classes either. Where Rhino 110 rules end game, it is a support class that can not kill others in honor.

Good luck to sts trying to please our ever demanding pvp boisterous community.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post
    The gear is what makes rhino two shot in pvp. Tone down the gear and the rhino won't two shot as in past endgame caps where rhino was exactly the same. Only difference before was that rhinos had a stronger redemption before being nerfed and still didn't two shot players with previous endgame gear.
    Toning down the gear would make other classes significantly weaker as well so the problem will still persist. Maybe reduce set damage for rhinos only?
    Supergotenks
    ~Proud member of Unity