Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Guild competition like this isn’t fair. The score should have been based on individual players. Individual players should have the option of buying items once they reach a certain score. Why gold? Why not plat? If it was plat and each individual player was able to purchase it with plat or gold , imagine how many players will buy the items. If the sets were reachable to me, I and many will spend quite a lot of plat on the items. A lot I should say, more than stat guns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    I still strongly believe a brand new guild made for this could win, irregardless of even being close to the top 50 in the current guild leaderboard. The panic seems a bit unreal. The challenge seems fair. In the end, I don't care how the requirements work, the event is a grand idea, offers a fun experience and will result in more elite 105 weapons and amulets in the global market. Something to appreciate, for sure.
    New guilds are irrelevant, people are in the guild they are in for the reason they are there... a few players shouldn't have to compete with many.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

I stand by my original comment.

The guild with the most amount of players running the maps will be the winner.

For example, a guild with 10 members on at once each could run the maps 10 seconds faster than a guild with 30 members on at once running the maps. However, the guild with 30 members online at once running the maps will win in the end simply due to the numbers game. Quality is subjective. I would say that the 10 members each completing the map 10 seconds faster than the 30 are the players with the higher quality value (if all factors are equal).

This is a great event idea, but the current idea for the challenge is simply highly flawed in my opinion.

I think both Sunny and Plpr's ideas are much better challenges/ideas and will get everyone involved in the event.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

For example, a guild with 10 members on at once each could run the maps 10 seconds faster than a guild with 30 members on at once running the maps. However, the guild with 30 members online at once running the maps will win in the end simply due to the numbers game. Quality is subjective. I would say that the 10 members each completing the map 10 seconds faster than the 30 are the players with the higher quality value (if all factors are equal).

This is a great event idea, but the current idea for the challenge is simply highly flawed in my opinion.

I think both Sunny and Plpr's ideas are much better challenges/ideas and will get everyone involved in the event.
    Still stand by you on this one pal. Well said.

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oby For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    New guilds are irrelevant, people are in the guild they are in for the reason they are there... a few players shouldn't have to compete with many.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    I agree! Get your guild active and win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

You strongly agree that a new guild can win... Wow! Majority do not agree. Majority of the players make Pocket Legend what it is. When you have lots of players that aren’t happy with the decision that is made in the game, they become inactive.
    Last edited by Jensmage; 05-03-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I strongly agree that any guild can win regardless if new or old. It's a matter of participation, not size. A guild with 10k members that's 0.2% active has no chance.
    You state that any guild can win but you don’t state the odds of the new guild winning. Which is very slim against a guild that is established.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

It will be a hard win if its only the top 50 of each class wins the reward like in AL. Not everyone can play 24/7 to keep their rank in the top 50

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

so i need a friend in winning guild that has access to vendor? i pay 1m extra to anyone who can grab set for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    It will be a hard win if its only the top 50 of each class wins the reward like in AL. Not everyone can play 24/7 to keep their rank in the top 50
    we need point cap / day like something that you can reach in 3-5 hrs of playing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

To me its seems to be a fun thing rather than a serious issue as projected by some.

- Maxx probably gonna have drop rates too, and who knows it might drop the vanity armor and helm rarely! making it valuable for all.
    - Re selling is a thing (most important thing that has been missed by all)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dolloway View Post

I agree with you Dolloway.

Having a points system, with reaching a certain number of points, gives you access to the reward.

Mind you if this could include all alts on the one account will be helpful. Many of us have more than one character on thier accounts.

Having the vendor sell these new vanities, 105 amulets and weapons for pl gold as well as plat will please all.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    A NEW EVENT is coming: The Mad Mage's Castle - Guild Leaderboard Event!
    Attachment 167943
    The "MAD MAGE'S CASTLE" Event is a realm-wide competition for Guilds!

During the multi-day event:
    + Hunt for a portal to the "Mad Mage's Castle" (no purchase necessary - available to Legends of all levels).
    + Enter the portal (solo... it's balanced for solo players) and defeat monsters to score Points for your Guild!
    + Standard monsters give +1 Point, Golden monsters +10, Boss monsters +20, and 'Myxx' gives +30 Points.
    + Check the Guild Event Leaderboard to mark your progress.

At the end of the Event, the Guild with the most Points is declared the Winner!
    Members of the Guild gain access to a special vendor for a limited time.
    Access the vendor from the 'Guild Management' Knight in the Guild Hall to purchase:
    + Unique Vanity Helm and Vanity Armor
    + Level 105 Amulets and Elite Level 105 Weapons
    (for varying amounts of Gold!)
    Attachment 167944

More details to come in the very near future... ;-)
    I like this event so far, I feel like this event is geared more towards the active players/guilds which is for the greater good as a whole regardless. You guys are giving Back to the community and overall that’s what matters the most. Events should be geared towards everyone as a whole but not just to individuals who think they are entitled because of their circumstances. Using the argument of quality over quantity is invalid, everyone has a chance to let players in the guilds whenever so we all get the same odds, they simply chose not to. Keep the updates going, still love this game Also after the event is over, everyone else who joins the guild who won the event will have access as well? Or only the players who competed with the winning guild will have access to the vendor?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    I like this event so far, I feel like this event is geared more towards the active players/guilds which is for the greater good as a whole regardless. You guys are giving Back to the community and overall that’s what matters the most. Events should be geared towards everyone as a whole but not just to individuals who think they are entitled because of their circumstances. Using the argument of quality over quantity is invalid, everyone has a chance to let players in the guilds whenever so we all get the same odds, they simply chose not to. Keep the updates going, still love this game Also after the event is over, everyone else who joins the guild who won the event will have access as well? Or only the players who competed with the winning guild will have access to the vendor?
    How to like an event that hasn’t started.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    I agree with juan either way this event is hosted their is some problems. "Only 2 guilds stand a chance" etc etc or "Only the most 50 active players of each class would win reward" i think we should keep it the way sts intended and try it out for the first time before we make any changes for a next event

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Few questions. When is release date and duration of this event? How much will the white dragon set and weapons/amulets be listed in the vendors?

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I appreciate a good in-game feud as much as the next guy. And I've got nothing against either of y'all... But does every forums thread need to eventually devolve into a squabble between jils and waug? Can you guys make your own PvP feud thread or something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Before this thread gets locked let me say my idea again.

I think there should be a milestone set that the community must hit together to unlock the vendor. Example being maybe 50,000 total score

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk