Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Plat based auction system for igns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    Names that are banned should be released in some fashion or another. Free or otherwise... It's not like STS can't do it because they can. The question is how do they want to do it?
    The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

bad idea -1 from me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Default Plat based auction system for igns

This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Allset; 08-13-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by illumminati View Post
    The biggest problem with releasing old IGNS is that most these people have been banned for bad reasons. Imagine getting the IGN of someone who was a Scammer or Very abusive or someone who booted every member of a previous guild? You may also get the backlash thats connected with it and be accused of things you did not do.

On the flip side you may get a scammer who scams then claims to be a “new owner” just to confuse others or cover his identity. I have had this happen to me previously as someone with a similar name to mine was a known scammer and got banned.
    Even not releasing old igns there are always people who try scam saying "its me" and they just add 1 letter to the original player to fake people...I mean..just like trade window..igns..need be careful who to trust.

Maybe might be bit more cofusing..but this kind of scam still happen nowdays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    This is just my 2 cents about the subject. With MMO where you can only use letters with names are especially valuable because you have only so many valuable combinations that you want. Names represents your char so even if “Omg or Abc” was a scammer I would want that name because you can see that before any style or vanity I have. Names in MMOs are valuable regardless of history...

Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by |Ares| View Post
    What about the players that still play the game but their old accounts with the certain name got banned? I personally wouldn't like to see someone running around with my old name.
    Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Imagine someone who scammed u or destroyed your guild got banned and suddenly returned. Maybe the person behind it has changed but imagine seeing that persons IGN who hurt you everyday. Some things are best left forgotten
    That's what I mean. Converting a name into a chest and then list on the auction house isn't bad idea.

Aka Ares/Twerrk/Mystery. :]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to |Ares| For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Default Plat based auction system for igns

Maybe in other MMOs names are valuable, but in AL names do not have value as u cant sell or trade them. Names may be desirable but they hold no value. Theres thousands of combination of names that are still available. I do not see what makes ABC more valuable than ABEDISHF. Both are worthless as u cant sell them
    ABC is the first three letters of the alphabet which is better than what you typed above imo. Names & phrase are worth money that’s why they can be copyrighted. Although it could get you banned in AL. STS actually owns the banned names in the game. Which means they could sell them or release them as they see fit. But I know they are actually pretty fair so they may just keep them banned because this thread is definitely on the -1 side with the community.

Last edited by Allset; 08-13-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

+1 to NPC "Namingston" pops up in maps when u kill random mobs to offer u one random "rare" ign name for purchase for 5000 plat.

People can change IGN any time they want to hide/cover a trail anyway so... If people are willing to give money for these specific names then why not!

Some names can be sold for plat.... some names are priceless :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I buy 'sts' ign for 1B.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

There is a story behind every ign. You will never be that person... be yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tackled For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Wow, you people must be proud for buying an IGN which was used to sell golds for real money or scamming.
    Great reputation you will have!
    Don't quote me

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,905 Posts

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback! This is definitely a polarizing idea and I totally get that. Ultimately, we decided not to move forward with this because of a lot of the reasons people mentioned. Confusion and drama from seeing banned names back in game, among other things. Of course, we'll let you guys know if this ever changes, but for now it's a no go and an opportunity to get super creative with your IGNs.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: