Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: -_- really sts?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default -_- really sts?

Well as i was looking for a new mmo i happened to read an article on the link below that says that sts is planning to make a new game every 6 months( roughly the amount of time it takes for an SL lvl cap) and was wondering if this was true. How can u guys at sts even consider making 1 more game when u cant even manage ur games as it is. Can a dev plz tell me if this is true because i was planning to just quit SL and move to AL but if AL is just gonna be ignored after more games come out like SL then id like to get some heads up so i wont spend to much time on it.

http://appchronicles.com/five-games-...rd-to-in-2013/

SL- Jackharknes(L46 comm), Jackhark(L46 op), captainjackh(L46 engi) AL-jackharknes(L25 sorcerer), captainjackh(L23 warrior), jackhark(L23 rogue)

Forum Legend
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts

I may not be a dev, but I believe this isn't true.
    PL, SL, and DL are slowing dying and AL is rapidly moving up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Yah not sure what is gonna happen, but AL is not gonna be dropped any time soon. Tbh I've seen them say that they didn't expect AL to be so successful. So I think they have changed there plans and are gonna stick with it for awhile.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Yea heard this a while back, i think before AL was released. Don't expect the devs to back this. They aren't the best when it comes to estimatiing long term dates
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jcyee View Post
    Yea heard this a while back, i think before AL was released. Don't expect the devs to back this. They aren't the best when it comes to estimatiing long term dates
    Nope after all tomorrow's AL update will be and I quote, "Soon"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

no .. no .. noooooo .. please let AL grow!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I feel bad for anyone still chained up on Star Legends. It's now just road kill in STS's rear view mirror. But, they may change that if they put some effort into it...

name == KAZILLO // status?* >offline< **time.approx "awhile"
    rebooting. . . .
    *status?* >online<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Im not going to play any STS games anymore if they will stop developing their old projects! Thats not right things to do! They will loose ppl by making it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I see it like this - You cant keep a flip phone forever they wont keep updating or upgrading a flip phone because technology advances like a smart phone so think of it that way You need to move on from star legends and if you havent started arcane legends yet then you missing out again we got 2 expansions already and 2 more coming if you start late you gonna be all (boohoo the new game is already out I didnt have time) at that you dont pay to play any spacetimestudios game & you dont make them so You should change your signature to dont waste devs time on your post since their wasting yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Totallymad View Post
    Im not going to play any STS games anymore if they will stop developing their old projects! Thats not right things to do! They will loose ppl by making it!
    ya me too.....its boring to play those same maps again and again after reaching level 46( star legends). DL already died?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I really wouldn't call DL dead. In my opinion, it trumps AL in play ability. Not to be mean about it, but AL is more of a younger audience crowd. On DL, it is dark, and mature. I did a stint in AL, and perhaps it is just not my cup of tea.
    It doesn't matter how many men you have....they are still no match for ME....- LuBu
    Sometimes the brightest and most beautiful star, is the one best viewed from afar. IGN- Notasparkly

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

All Spacetime Games are a labor of love for us. Just to keep expectations in line, it's worth mentioning that Spacetime Studios is a small, independent developer (we're around 35 fun loving gamers working hard for your business). The other thing to keep in mind is that Arcane Legends is our biggest hit yet. It launched in November and we're already narrowing in on 5 Million downloads in 5 months! It took Pocket Legends almost 2 years to pull in that number! Hopefully that helps you understand why we're putting more of our efforts into Arcane Legends to keep it growing! We're doing what we can for all games, as Pocket Legends, Dark Legends and Star Legends continue to see thousands of new players every day. Not to the same order of magnitude that Arcane has, but still significant.

I know that some might say we should have just stuck with Pocket Legends and only improved it, rather than exploring and making Star Legends, Dark Legends and Arcane Legends. Who knows, maybe that would have paid off. However, maybe doing that could have led to Spacetime Studios having to close up shop because we couldn't make it work? That's all hindsight. What is clear is that if we can manage to continue making new content and making hit games that gamers like the play, we'll be around for a long while to come.

We know we would be nowhere without our fans. It's you guys who really bring the Legends games to life. We're working hard to earn your business and we really appreciate your interest and enthusiasm for our games!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I dont mean to be mean in any way sam,
    But the reason it took pl 2years to pull that number is because back then, there were only a handfull of people who found out about pl then started recommending it to their friends.
    AL got 5million downloads in 5months is because people who already play other sts games+ new people who found the app by searching other sts games in android market and app store=5million downloads.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    But the reason it took pl 2years to pull that number is because back then, there were only a handfull of people who found out about pl then started recommending it to their friends.
    AL got 5million downloads in 5months is because people who already play other sts games+ new people who found the app by searching other sts games in android market and app store=5million downloads.
    Agreed. But then again having 1 game playing all the time could be boring. I support having more legend games but I think they should hire more people to help out. Easier said then done but that's my thoughts
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

16.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizhe View Post
    It is a nice thought, but it didn't really play out for Dark, ya know? Dark is a decent game, but it was a swing into a niche area, where Arcane really is the culmination of the Legends franchise and a real hit.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    It is a nice thought, but it didn't really play out for Dark, ya know? Dark is a decent game, but it was a swing into a niche area, where Arcane really is the culmination of the Legends franchise and a real hit.
    I have to agree with you sam. I am going to post what I posted in another thread:

I for one only see STS going onwards and upwards, the quality of there games visually and gameplay wise keeps improving. I don't think STS wants to stick to old technoledgy and is pushing for better quality games. As the above review in the original post points out, OnC is face value more appealing because it has better graphics and blah blah blah, but what makes STS special is its community. So why stay with old games and a good community? When you can have much higher quality games (closer to OnC quality) with the same great community and helpful Devs/Mods. STS as a company doesn't want to stay in the dust, behind the curve with more and more high quality Mobil gaming keeps emerging, they must move forward to stay in the market place. STS has made the correct business decision, and I for one am willing to see them make the best super Mobil MMO at the end of this journey. Are You?

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Yeah as a spacetime gamer I would rather play up to date games pocketlegend graphics suck compared to arcane legends Technology advances so stop complaining about how something old doesnt get updated If I was a dev and more people play Arcane legends than Pocketlegends Id rather work on Arcane legends and as a gamer I would rather play the most up to date with the most players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

Sam I respect your response but what most of us are trying to say is that al is kind of getting the updates and expansions but in the other legends games we are getting nothing. Al is super fun but we just want attention in the other games too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakersrockftw View Post
    Sam I respect your response but what most of us are trying to say is that al is kind of getting the updates and expansions but in the other legends games we are getting nothing. Al is super fun but we just want attention in the other games too.
    Move on bruh how long do yall expect a game to last ? And imagine pocketlegends getting more maps it would get harder and harder to navigate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default -_- really sts?

-_- forget the expansions like today compare the update of pl and al. Pl update was just buy luck helm for 10 plat. Al update was a whole boss that you can kill for more things. There is a big difference.Then look at all the updates al is getting per day. They are getting more in one day than all the games combined in 2 weeks.
    Last edited by lakersrockftw; 03-14-2013 at 10:06 PM.