Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2018-12-20 Content Update (261657)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    All vanities should keep coming back, and stay at the same price, to avoid monopolizing of items, like the Helix which some say is worth 4b now apparently. Any item which is rare automatically becomes coveted and overpriced which is not fair to the community of players. This can never be solved since the old items gets more and more expensive as new items roll out (tried buying helix for max gold, both new sweaters, and blood set and this was still apparently not enough). Since there are so few available people set insane prices, which they have a right to do; why would they sell something so rare for things which they view as having far lesser value? When undead was brought back into the game it balanced everything out for everyone, sure alot of people were butthurt but the community is thriving now more than ever. The old coveted vanities became mundane and that keeps the game alive, knowing that more and more will come. Not just the 1% hoarding the pretentious status symbols. As long as new vanities keep coming I don't see any reason whatsoever why the old ones should not make a resurrection.
    Helix was a non-tradable endgame vanity. It was so unremarkable back in the day that as soon as DL raised the endgame cap to L36 almost everyone stopped carrying them. They weren't tradeable. Then DL stopped upgrading DL and tens of thousands of players quit. Most people on my friendlist are the old PVP gang from my old guilds. They've all quit. Almost all of them had Helix axes. They've all quit.

You know why they quit. It wasn't because of too much new content. And they certainly didn't stay because they owned Helix axes. It was because there was NO NEW CONTENT AT ALL for over 2 years.

Just. Have. New. Content.

It was a HUGE mistake to make the Helix axes tradeable. You want to keep high-value players returning, don't devalue their content by appeasing whiners, just keep creating cool NEW content.

This really isn't complicated.

TO REPEAT... I had TWO THOUSAND people on my friendslist in 2014. Almost ALL OF THEM had Helix axes. The Helix axes didn't keep them in the game. The LACK OF NEW CONTENT drove them away.

You guys did this to yourselves.

You're creating new content every few months. It's hit and miss, but creativity is like that. No worries. A lot of the new content is effing awesome. The Arc Sabers are JUST as cool as the Helix axes. People are retards so the Arc Sabers are currently listed at 35 million, I got mine for 1 million and am never selling. Just like I'm not selling me Helix axes. I EARNED THEM for being an ORIGINAL LEVEL 26 ENDGAME player.

You guys are investing time and energy in making a 6-year old game work. You're doing a good job. Separate the signal from the noise and keep going.

It's okay to recycle tradeable vanities on a once-a-year basis for high plat... but Helix axes were never tradeable in the first place. They were a Level 26 endgame vanity. The mistake was making them tradeable. No amount of degrading the value of vanities will keep people in the game.

NEW CONTENT is the trick.

Keep up the good work and big thanks to very secretly making SOLO PLAY the game mechanic for farming the Christmas Event.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post: