Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Nekro Changes Discussion

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Hey everyone!

So here's what the final round of adjustments looks based on feedback, and other considerations. Note some of the previously mentioned things have changed a little bit.

- Nekro's Happiness Bonus will now reflect as: +15% Damage, +10% Crit, +30 Primary Stat, +10 DEX, INT, STR, 8 Mana Regen.

- Nekro's base damage has come up in all aspects about 10% or so, including a change to his passive attack speed from 2.0s to 1.8s which also increases damage output

- Nekro's Passive attack skills had incorrect damage calculations for higher tier passive attacks that are now fixed, so higher tiers of the passive will see a larger than 10% gain as a result

- Nekro's Passive attacks now have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun, this is subject to normal PvP immunities. Each tier broken out by level 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.

- Nekro's Activated Ability has had its cooldown reduced from 40 to 28. It came up a bit more from 26 to compensate for the immunities now present while the shield and speed buffs are active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now has a 50% chance to terrify, up from 40%

- Nekro's Activated Ability now provides immunity to Freeze and stun effects for the duration of the shield.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now also grants a 30% Movement speed buff, when applied this will remove any currently applied speed reducing effects and provide immunity to speed impairing effects for the duration of the buff, ~5 seconds. This is independent of the shield immunities which go away when the shield goes away. It should be noted that if you are already stunned, the shield aspect will NOT wipe active stuns and freezes away, you must have the shield up beforehand to prevent the freeze/stun effects

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

lvl 41: (((259+703)*1.1)+(2.5*41)) = 1160.7
    lvl 25: (((177+383)*1.1)+(2.5*25)) = 678.5
    lvl 8: (((56+90)*1.1)+(2.5*41)) = 180.6

Final thoughts? As it stands this is how it will be going out soon.

Thanks for the feedback and thread on this guys, it has been very productive!

- Carapace
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-27-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Hey everyone!

So here's what the final round of adjustments looks based on feedback, and other considerations. Note some of the previously mentioned things have changed a little bit.

- Nekro's Happiness Bonus will now reflect as: +15% Damage, +10% Crit, +30 Primary Stat, +10 DEX, INT, STR, 8 Mana Regen.

- Nekro's base damage has come up in all aspects about 10% or so, including a change to his passive attack speed from 2.0s to 1.8s which also increases damage output

- Nekro's Passive attack skills had incorrect damage calculations for higher tier passive attacks that are now fixed, so higher tiers of the passive will see a larger than 10% gain as a result

- Nekro's Passive attacks now have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance to stun, this is subject to normal PvP immunities. Each tier broken out by level 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.

- Nekro's Activated Ability has had its cooldown reduced from 40 to 28. It came up a bit more from 26 to compensate for the immunities now present while the shield and speed buffs are active.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now provides immunity to Freeze and stun effects for the duration of the shield.

- Nekro's Activated Ability now also grants a 30% Movement speed buff, when applied this will remove any currently applied speed reducing effects and provide immunity to speed impairing effects for the duration of the buff, ~5 seconds. This is independent of the shield immunities which go away when the shield goes away. It should be noted that if you are already stunned, the shield aspect will NOT wipe active stuns and freezes away, you must have the shield up beforehand to prevent the freeze/stun effects

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.5)+(3.25*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

Final thoughts? As it stands this is more or less how it will be going out soon.

- Carapace
    i feel the buff now actually suit the stats of a season6 arcane pet ty.

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Hey everyone!

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.5)+(3.25*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

Final thoughts? As it stands this is more or less how it will be going out soon.

- Carapace
    Im actually very pleased with this, can't wait to see it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

So does this mean that Dragon Scales shields more damage than Undead Scales @ level 41?
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

gg razor shield. Looks awesome!!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    So does this mean that Dragon Scales shields more damage than Undead Scales @ level 41?
    No, Dragon Scales shields less than Undead Scales will after the update, as Undead Scales has been split out away from Dragon Scales.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

That's a very awesome buff, thank you Carapace!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

No, Dragon Scales shields less than Undead Scales will after the update, as Undead Scales has been split out away from Dragon Scales.
    Mkay, will you be taking a second look at Scorch's AA CD, then? For good measure?

Lord knows we've harassed the team enough about it, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I got one question, what is the variable: pet health? Is that the total HP bonus that Nekro gives?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's an okay buff
    Nothing too big
    It just needs hp
    If it's going to be defensive pet lol
    Last edited by Cranky; 01-27-2015 at 04:06 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #151
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I got one question, what is the variable: pet health? Is that the total HP bonus that Nekro gives?
    Interestingly the attributes involved for all pets have a health value tied to their level. It has no tangible effect on game play as pets cannot be attacked, however this attribute is being used for the calculation as it scales appropriately and is appropriate. I believe at one point in the initial design we toyed with such ideas, the values still exist. Fun fact!
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-27-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    | | | |

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

First of all
    (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level))

My suggestion is to make the level multiplier to 3, so it can tank more damage on elite.
    (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(3.0*level))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

- Nekro's Activated Ability shield has been renamed Undead Scales, and has a new formula: (((PetDamage+petHealth)*1.1)+(2.5*level)). This still shares a debuff cooldown with Dragon Scales, and so you cannot stack or chain Dragon Scales with Undead Scales. Here's a couple of examples based on level of how much the shield protects with the new formula.

This makes sense, so the aa isnt waste if you got slowed before, or you got stunned right after. But not better than a razor shield, razor shield/juggernaut protects you from stuns the whole time it lasts, this Undead scale protective shield will disappear after an aimed shot/lightning strike.

What was the previous shield formula? I couldnt find the exact formula, there was just a rumour that scorch absorbs 1550 on lvl36 confirmed on chatbox but may wrong. Taken from here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1487220
    Last edited by Haligali; 01-28-2015 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arkanem View Post
    awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, lol.
    lmfao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Awesome! Maybe now all twelve people who have this pet will be pleased, LOL.
    There's much more than 12 people with the pet - you just rarely see it out and about because it's not the best choice pet to have.

People in Karma alone with the pet: Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres. That's just Karma and I'm sure there are more Karma w/ the pet that I've forgotten. I think we've forgotten that arcane pets used to be rare - not everyone used to have one. Remember L31 cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

There's much more than 12 people with the pet - you just rarely see it out and about because it's not the best choice pet to have.

People in Karma alone with the pet: Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres. That's just Karma and I'm sure there are more Karma w/ the pet that I've forgotten. I think we've forgotten that arcane pets used to be rare - not everyone used to have one. Remember L31 cap?
    Orly?

Cause before the recent drop rate buff you reported only one coming out of an arena chest, so the rest came out of locked crates, and it's not like the fossil was dropping left and right like Maridos is currently - not to mention both the drop rate and economic issues surrounding the vials which further restricted the amount of Nekro eggs being crafted.

So I'd be surprised to know that more than 12 of them even existed in-game.

We all know there is a major difference between rare and reserved for the ballers only club, which is what this pet was before last week's drop rate buff.
    Last edited by Sorcerie; 01-28-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Orly?

Cause before the recent drop rate buff you reported only one coming out of an arena chest, so the rest came out of locked crates, and it's not like the fossil was dropping left and right like Maridos is currently - not to mention both the drop rate and economic issues surrounding the vials which further restricted the amount of Nekro eggs being crafted.

So I'd be surprised to know that more than 12 of them even existed in-game.

We all know there is a major difference between rare and reserved for the ballers only club, which is what this pet was before last week's drop rate buff.
    Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres, Cranky, Gothical, Cranky, Avshow, Ardbeg, Maarkus, Smexyoka, L15 twink rogue (again, drawing a blank), Anduan, Asamaasada, Tongasmash, Lethaljade, Twoxc, Ravagerx (confirmation?), Davidvilla, me.

Again, this is just all I can remember atm. There's 22 accounted for (nearly twice of your current estimations) and I'm sure there's more out. You just do not see them being used because there are far better pets to use.
    Last edited by Zeus; 01-28-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Bubblesx lvl18 rogue when she opened her nekro (already some months old) she was 100% sure this pet would get a buff. And look now it gets a buff LOL!!

Thats a total of 20 players (zeus list) already with a Nekro and i am sure there are a lot more.
    Lvl 17 Piranhia

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Msmystic, Jane, Hell, Vsa, Sun, Beuefres, Cranky, Gothical, Cranky, Avshow, Ardbeg, Maarkus, Smexyoka, L15 twink rogue (again, drawing a blank), Anduan, Asamaasada, Tongasmash, Lethaljade, Twoxc, Ravagerx (confirmation?), Davidvilla, me.

Again, this is just all I can remember atm. There's 22 accounted for (nearly twice of your current estimations) and I'm sure there's more out. You just do not see them being used because there are far better pets to use.

Ravvy doesn't have a Necro yet. He's slacking on his collection.....
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Yes, I have.