Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: <Infinite Union>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default <Infinite Union>

<Infinite Union> has arrived! We are a group of close individuals who have bonded through our time in SL and formed a second family.

Goals

Our goals are pretty straightforward. First and most important is to form a community where everyone feels home. We are serious players and expect the best from ourselves and members, so we will be shooting for level caps and top gear, and we’ll be helping each other along the way. We may have been formed from a group of friends, but we’ll be treating all our members equally and all voices will be heard.

Rules

So I suppose there have to be rules, right? I’d like to think of them more as common courtesies than rules, because that is really what we expect from our members. Everyone is expected to act mature and respectfully towards guildies and non-guildies. No drama will be tolerated, and while it may be hard to get along with everyone, bickering or ostracizing members will not be acceptable. There will be zero tolerance for such childish behavior, as family members should not be treating each other in that way.

This guild was formed on mutual trust, openness, respect, and honesty. Anyone displaying qualities opposed to this foundation will be dismissed.

Some things that may not be assumed under common courtesy:
    - These rules are here for a reason. You will get no more than 2 warnings before zero tolerance is swiftly enacted.
    - Don't break Star Legends Terms of Service.
    - Act mature! Maturity is not defined by age. Yup, this was already stated above. I'm stressing it's importance by listing it again.
    - Do not use the guild chat for sales. If you want to give something away, feel free to offer it up in the guild chat. Selling or trading of gear should only take place on the IU forum. Also, if you decide to sell anything to a guildie, please give a very hefty discount.
    - Along the same lines, don't beg for gear in the guild chat. You can ask, but if nobody responds, then nobody has anything extra for you.
    - Don't spam the guild chat. Use it for quick laugh or to get to know your guildies better instead!
    - Individual acts can and will reflect on our guild as a whole, so represent IU in a positive manner at all times , whether it is in game or on STS Forums
    - Please refrain from booting non-guild members from runs. Use a PW for guild only runs. If someone enters a run that was full and not password protected, politely ask them to leave. If they do not wish to leave, you may boot the player as long as you give them a valid reason for the boot.
    - Absolutely no booting of guild members from runs. If a guildie joins a full guild run, kindly explain to them that they have accidentally taken a spot belonging to someone else. If you are this person, please be respectful of your guildies and leave that run.
    - Anyone wishing to join IU will need to fill out an application on the website and be screened. This applies for everyone, no exceptions.
    - Poaching members from another guild will result in booting. YOU WILL GET NO WARNINGS IF THIS RULE IS BROKEN.
    - Utilize the chain of command. Approach an officer with issues, they are trusted to handle situations and will contact a GM if needed.
    - Finally, if anyone has an issue with another guildie, try to work it out peaceably. Put the shoe on the other foot and settle your differences, and if you can't approach an officer or a GM. We are here to keep this place a healthy family, not a dysfunctional one.

What <Infinite Union> Offers

Well, ourselves (I signed the charter in blood)! We have tier 3 guild hall and will give a helping hand whenever we can. You’ll get a lively, friendly guild chat and a group of people with a great a sense of humor. <Infinite Union> is a strictly SL guild, so you wont see all GMs and officers disappearing due to PL updates (but we will gladly accept people who play both games).

We have a sister guild, <Blackstar Union> (also tier 3). We will have high level mains and alts in IU and lower level ones in BU (under level 24 for alts, under 29 for mains). As the level cap increases, the minimum level for IU will also. Once leveled, any toon can be be brought over to IU. For all intents and purposes, the two guilds should be looked at as one. All the rules and expectations will be identical for the two.

Interested?

Well that’s great! Be aware that we are only accepting high caliber, quality individuals, and I use these adjectives to describe the type of character we are looking for in our members. We will be very strict about this. You don’t need to log on every day and cap your toons whenever there is an expansion (although many of us plan to!) to be a member, but every member will be representing the beliefs and ideals that led to <Infinite Union> being formed, and we will only accept people that exemplify them. Feel free to look for any of our members in B* or runs. They are all stand-up individuals and if they don’t know the details on recruiting, they can find an officer who does.

All members will be required to register at the forum, so if you are interesed in joining us, register using the name of your main toon so we know who you are and follow the instructions in the application section.

Recruitment Details

- We will be recruiting in game and though the IU forum.
    - However you are recruited, you will be required to register on the IU forum and post an application (username should be name of your main toon).
    - Applying on the forum will not take the place of an in game screening. We will want to chat with and get to know all potential recruits a little better before inviting anyone. (GMs, officers, and recruiters have alts we use. If you can't find us, any member you see can find one for you)
    - You are expected to read and know the rules before you are invited. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as a reason for breaking them.
    - If you are denied, I hope you don't harbor any grudges against us. I've stated that we plan to be very strict concerning recruiting. If you are not right for IU, we still wish you the best of luck.
    - If anyone feels unfairly denied, you can discuss it with GM or officer, but nobody is promoted to a position of power unless GMs and officers have faith in them. If you were denied by one of us, it is highly likely that decision will be upheld.

Current Ranks
    GMs: Ebalere - Eyeofnewt – Killaings

Lead Officer: Deathpunch
    Officers: Http – Jdiddydavis – Kalibos – Kateatankan - Mayhem - Soulshine

Head Recruitment Officer: Azibas
    Recruiters: Caveman, Firoth, Scopedog, Weenis

Come visit us on our new forum (Click Here)
    Last edited by LelouchX; 12-22-2011 at 01:03 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Wewt! <reserved>

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I'm really excited to be part of this hard working solid crew.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thanks Newt, excellent post. This guild will flourish. Already have a devastating team with more signing on daily!
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

GL....I will miss some of you...
    Last edited by Princesssa7508; 11-18-2011 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Already starting a new guild

I'll miss you guys, and i really wish I could do something to change things back to how they were. As is stands now all of my friends are gone, horribly depressing.
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Good going guys, you have a good team going there

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    Good going guys, you have a good team going there
    Thanks for your support!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I love your guild name! I love to join one day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
    I love your guild name! I love to join one day
    Go to the IU forum for details (link in sig)! Thanks for your interest
    Last edited by LelouchX; 11-17-2011 at 05:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Good luck! As I said to Eba, you guys can count on me for anything!
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Congrats Ebalere, Eyeofnewt, and Killaings on your new venture. May your new ship sail long and far, and carry you and your crew to places of wonder, marvel, and merryment! *smashes oversized bottle of very expensive sparkling apple cider (gotta keep it PG) over the bow and tosses confetti around* Still had some confetti left over from Canon throwing it around my thread...

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear of the passing of KoC, but understand you did what must be done. I am relieved to hear the core is intact, and even more relieved to hear the less savory element of the former guild is not. I attribute the quick decision-making ability and expeditious recovery of the core members to the fine leadership of the guild. May all your drops be purple and pink!

P.S. I love the new guild's name!
    Last edited by thequickone; 11-18-2011 at 03:48 AM.

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

ive registered on the website, i cant login though yet.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Im all registered on the site and rarin to go, Long live the Union!

RIP KoC, your legacy shall live on.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

@quickone, thanks for your kind and encouraging words! we are very excited for the opportunity make our vision a reality, and grateful for those that believe in us.

@ninjaduck, thanks for registering! as soon as your account gets activated (sometime on friday) u can log in and follow the instructions to apply. Best of luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

It's always sad to see a foundation stone slip out of the wall, but time has a way of forcing change. I was going to wish you luck, but with the core group you have, I don't think you're going to need any. Best wishes, though and may your guild grow and prosper.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

I don't view this as much as the death of KoC, but as a rebirth. Our officer corp and member base is almost identical to KoC and we hope to restore this guild to its proper place among the preeminent guilds in Star Legends.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

thanks for inviting me Eba. Newt you might want to add me to the current members in the thread ^_^.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

@canonocalkoi, thanks for your well wishes, it's truly encouraging to see so many.

@ninjaduck, i'll get you up there! every time a try to fix it more pressing matters come up. patience young grasshopper! looking forward to meeting you and any other new members i haven't yet in game.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Good luck with the guild!
    I'm sure you guys will prosper and become one of the top guilds
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative