Thread: Down with the cheap elixirs!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Seiyen View Post
    Idk wats wrong,its their money,its their decision.ik art ur angry coz of loosing ur spot in near future but plat players r also paying from their hardwork( real money=> more harwork) to get to that spot so its pretty fair imo.
    + Those players even asks new players to power lvl em 8-18
    So its pretty cool
    Ps=> am personally being pwer lvled 4 times by those kind players

-Raghav
    You have your order of 'work' wrong.

Its "hard work" leads to 'real money' leads to "less work" in game.
    I have 4 different sources of income, 2 of which I hardly do anything I'd consider "work." The 'working hard for your money' idea is a dead saying these days really.

However, the leaderboards are SUPPOSED to represent people who put in hard work...not less work. Money and games with leaderboards shouldn't relate this much. It's one thing to buy the game, but when those using real money begin to dominate the leaderboards over people who put in "hard work" IN GAME, it's a problem.

The point is real life HARD WORK and in game HARD WORK should not be related for things involving rankings. If you work hard for your money and buy a expensive vanity, then kudos to you. You earned it. But 'earning' a spot on the leaderboards by buying your way there isn't in the spirit of the game. Then again, neither are leaderboards...but the competitive atmosphere is a whole different game in itself.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flowman For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flowman View Post
    You have your order of 'work' wrong.

Its "hard work" leads to 'real money' leads to "less work" in game.
    I have 4 different sources of income, 2 of which I hardly do anything I'd consider "work." The 'working hard for your money' idea is a dead saying these days really.

However, the leaderboards are SUPPOSED to represent people who put in hard work...not less work. Money and games with leaderboards shouldn't relate this much. It's one thing to buy the game, but when those using real money begin to dominate the leaderboards over people who put in "hard work" IN GAME, it's a problem.

The point is real life HARD WORK and in game HARD WORK should not be related for things involving rankings. If you work hard for your money and buy a expensive vanity, then kudos to you. You earned it. But 'earning' a spot on the leaderboards by buying your way there isn't in the spirit of the game. Then again, neither are leaderboards...but the competitive atmosphere is a whole different game in itself.
    Amen. I wish I could thank myself for this post lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark View Post
    I seriously don't want to start a fight here but I want to correct something.. First of all, there is no RIGHT or WRONG way. It's by choice, if they chose to buy platinum to get on LB then so be it. AND plus, if STS allows us to have "all access" so why not use it as an advantage?

PS: I really don't want to start anything, I jus want to point it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    We are going to have fun with the thread I just wrote up for tomorrow morning then :]
    *looks at AoB members disagreeing*
    This is going to be awesome, I'll leave whatever I have to say to this dumb logic for tomorrow.
    But I'll say this, the elixirs weren't made to be "taken advantage of," they were made for lower leveled players to gain extra experience points by playing a map they don't meet the level requirement for.

Just wanted to point that out... xD
    Last edited by ArtStar; 06-17-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post: