Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PREVIEW: Pocket Legends Guild Event - "The Mad Mage's Castle!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    There is no argument that can go against what he said about gold going into a void
    Not to mention other causes of gold disappearing from the game, such as through bans, acct deletions, dormant accounts and gold hoarders who refuse to spend more than "pennies". That's potentially somewhere in the many billions.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

You are making the argument of the investor... Deflation helps new players afford gear, yes old loyal players get the shaft as far as their item value is concerned. But in my opinion it's much more important to keep new players geared and have an active community than an item i have in my inventory not losing "value" that has always been subject to supply and demand anyway.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Oh look... the person that quoted me and disagreed with the same post they later quoted in support of... fancy seeing you here to disagree lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    Not to mention other causes of gold disappearing from the game, such as through bans, acct deletions, dormant accounts and gold hoarders who refuse to spend more than "pennies". That's potentially somewhere in the many billions.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jilsponie For This Useful Post:

Oby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

This isn't the great depression this is pocket legends. To put it simple everything will lose its value drastically and nobody will want to sell their items cheaper because they aren't aware or haven't caught on to the fact it takes a really long time to farm gold and not long to drop it into a void.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Actually PL stocks have taken a toll all items decreased a quite so good amount

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jilsponie View Post
    You are making the argument of the investor... Deflation helps new players afford gear, yes old loyal players get the shaft as far as their item value is concerned. But in my opinion it's much more important to keep new players geared and have an active community than an item i have in my inventory not losing "value" that has always been subject to supply and demand anyway.

THERE IS NO DEFLATION HERE LOL. They are simply stating that gold is just going to disappear into the ether. They arent making cases for prices on items at all. They are talking about how if this event has people spending gold on items people WANT. The gold just disappears into the ether just like when you buy potions. They want to know if there will be anything in game for gold to be put back in game that way people arent just trading items for items. Gold for items is much easier and less of a chance of scamming especially at high tier items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Notice the prices have been posted. Very fair prices IMHO. However yes, there's potentially many hundreds of millions about to disappear from the game as the prize vendor sells us his goods.

Name:  Screenshot_20180506-125839.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  262.7 KB

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    THERE IS NO DEFLATION HERE LOL. They are simply stating that gold is just going to disappear into the ether. They arent making cases for prices on items at all. They are talking about how if this event has people spending gold on items people WANT. The gold just disappears into the ether just like when you buy potions. They want to know if there will be anything in game for gold to be put back in game that way people arent just trading items for items. Gold for items is much easier and less of a chance of scamming especially at high tier items.
    You should read the post that started the conversation before telling someone someone else wasn't saying something they said.... with me so far?

That being said, this is clearly another case of "jilsponie posted something and i don't like them so i have to go disagree"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    If players cannot afford the gold prices for the Prize Vendor, I do hope their Guilds will help them out :-)
    Mr. Cinco, would you be able to clarify if this is no longer a single guild event for access to the vendor? Your sudden plural use of the word guild last night begs this question. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Seems to me any guild could win, as long as they play and play and play. Regardless of current leaderboard status... It's more of an activity challenge? I can see a guild not even on the top guild board having a chance at it. Is it just me?
    Drae why do you all of a sudden have a change of heart if any guild can win?
    Is it because you no longer have the most memebers so you are at a disadvantage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OneLeft View Post
    Drae why do you all of a sudden have a change of heart if any guild can win?
    Is it because you no longer have the most memebers so you are at a disadvantage?
    Scroll back a page or two, you'll see the answers you seek. Have a nice day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

This may just be the dumbest thing I've ever read on the forum

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Jils is referring to a gold sink which is often necessary for mmo's.
    That said the only ones in any position to judge the economy in pl are the devs, players can only guess

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #172
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Gold sinks are good policy for maintaining a balanced economy. Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets. As a result, we have inflation (in some instances it’s hyper-inflation).

The Guild Event is a gold sink. It’s not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #173
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,170 Posts

Mr. Cinco, would you be able to clarify if this is no longer a single guild event for access to the vendor? Your sudden plural use of the word guild last night begs this question. Thank you.
    One Guild wins.

I believe that Guild should make every effort to compensate every player who helped get them across the finish-line.
    Last edited by Cinco; 05-06-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Oby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Gold sinks are good policy for maintaining a balanced economy. Pocket Legends has very few gold sinks and an abundance of gold faucets. As a result, we have inflation (in some instances it’s hyper-inflation).

The Guild Event is a gold sink. It’s not particularly aggressive but it will have an impact on merchant players operating at various points along the trade spectrum.
    So any player that comes back and has, lets say 500m in gold. He now has the advantage over everyone else? Lol gg

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mine AGK View Post
    So any player that comes back and has, lets say 500m in gold. He now has the advantage over everyone else? Lol gg
    But he also probably lost alot in item value... and if it's an "advantage" they worked for they kinda deserve it imo lol

It's basic economics like i was saying before. Pl is 8 years old. I didn't HAVE to farm again until recently, I've been comfortably well off since 76 cap when starry was 3-8m and savage sets costs 3.4m. If iy wasn't for me spending so much on enchantments i probably still wouldn't be farming lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I want to thank Cinco and the Sts team for this event.

You all listened to us and have given players an opportunity to get the elite weapons and amulets for pl gold. Not all players have access to plat for various reasons.

You introduced a most beautiful highly anticipated white dragon vanity.

You even added a new vanity to farm and items that where difficult to drop, amulet and weapon crafting componets all for free.

Despite all the opinions of this event, personally I appreciate all your hard work for making this for PL. The game is so active and we all are buzzing with excitement for this event.

It certainly has bought the PL community together for a common goal.
    Last edited by Fwend; 05-06-2018 at 05:06 PM. Reason: .

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Oby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

One Guild wins.

I believe that Guild should make every effort to compensate every player who helped get them across the finish-line.
    Btw, i notice we will be eligable to have a chance at crafting materials. Can we also get a chance at rings seeing as there is also a shortage of those that ive only seen drop in maxx cave? Had some friends cap 30+ toons and seen between 5-7 drop on all those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

One Guild wins.

Giving away some more pricey items, let's hope they don't spend it all in one place.

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

You all listened to us and have given players an opportunity to get the elite weapons and amulets for pl gold. Not all players have access to plat for various reasons.

You even added a new vanity to farm and items that where difficult to drop, amulet and weapon crafting componets all for free.

Despite all the opinions of this event, personally I appreciate all your hard work for making this for PL. The game is so active and we all are buzzing with excitement for this event.

Well said. This event has the game BOOMING and players on their toes. Can't wait to get started in this competition, and I'm sure many can agree with that.

pcguild.wix.com/guild
    <Pocket Community> pcguild.wix.com/guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fwend View Post

You mean it has put one guild against the rest of the community? Literally PC gained 1k members in 3 days just because of this event. This is a divisive event. This isnt "bringing the community together for a common goal" if the whole event is a winner take all.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Mine AGK For This Useful Post:

Oby