Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Sneak Peek: Guild Battlegrounds!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We are mid-way in development on this, so the timing is great for feedback.

What duration clashes are you guys interested in?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    We are mid-way in development on this, so the timing is great for feedback.

What duration clashes are you guys interested in?
    My points are:

A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-03-2016 at 03:40 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    A) Maximum of one hour clashes. Anymore than that is just asking for arthritis. Take it from a person who has to participate in multiple hour clashes.
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    One of the initial thoughts of the Battleground design is that it would feel more like a war between 2 guilds, and less like a specific battle. Our expectations of a 6 hour Battleground for example would be that the guilds might fight a 10v10 at the start, then have 3v3 battles going on while players are eating or going to school/work, then have no competitors in the Arena because everyone is busy, and maybe pick back up to a 10v10 once everyone comes home for the night. This would allow the fighting to be spread throughout the day and allow players to pop in for 5 or 10 minutes to help their guild.

That said, would the community prefer the Battlegrounds to feel more like one very specific battle rather than a war?
    One specific battle rather than a war would be better, IMO but that's just my opinion.

Is there any official response on class restriction?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ireliaa View Post
    wow thats a long long time, how the guilds are gonna handle this when players have enermous timezone differences, this may require to prepare 10 man to build a team for hours to be dominant over other. Its like Active guild > Strong member guild, why you dont want it as skirmish for maybe 1h matches
    We have nothing against small skirmishes! Our initial thought was to give players choices of smaller Battlegrounds (1 hour or less) and all the way up to very long Battlegrounds (12 hours for example) so that guilds who have members from various timezones can still let their members participate in the overall Battleground.

It may be important to note that we plan for Battlegrounds to more closely resemble the current PvP TDM as opposed to Duels. Once the Battleground has been accepted, the Arena opens. The Arena will initially be empty, players from each guild will have to join the Arena to begin fighting. The Arena will remain open for the entire duration of the Battleground, and will allow players to come and go as they please. Guilds will not be penalized if they do not have 10 members inside of the Arena, so there is no penalty for having your guild take a break, or waiting until you have 10 members online to enter. That level of coordination would be up to the competing guilds.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Levels

We have nothing against small skirmishes! Our initial thought was to give players choices of smaller Battlegrounds (1 hour or less) and all the way up to very long Battlegrounds (12 hours for example) so that guilds who have members from various timezones can still let their members participate in the overall Battleground.

It may be important to note that we plan for Battlegrounds to more closely resemble the current PvP TDM as opposed to Duels. Once the Battleground has been accepted, the Arena opens. The Arena will initially be empty, players from each guild will have to join the Arena to begin fighting. The Arena will remain open for the entire duration of the Battleground, and will allow players to come and go as they please. Guilds will not be penalized if they do not have 10 members inside of the Arena, so there is no penalty for having your guild take a break, or waiting until you have 10 members online to enter. That level of coordination would be up to the competing guilds.
    Im worried about the lvl issues that will take place in bg because im a lvl 14 tank in a 13-14 pvp guild but our enemy uses 15 players to win which is unfair for us 14s that spent millions on gears but ofc 15 gears are cheap abd over powered for us 14 so I just imagine the 15 guilds using 10 lvl 15 vs 10 lvl 13 and 14s simply because 15s get to use fortified jewels on there gear but lvl 14s can just use standard jewels on gear so thats a huge difference and its just 1 lvl away it may seem like a dumb suggestion to some of you but if your a 14 and pvp on a daily bases you will see how I feel atleast can you make a 14s vs only 14s and 15s vs 15s only all same lvl so it can be equal for us (twinks) thanks for reading -Ripn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

Maybe if more players then time in arena is longer? Or we can pick up time that we are playing? I was thinking more like 5v5 will be 30 mins. 10vs10 60 mins.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts

My points are:

B) Class Restrictions. In a closed environment like this, it's absolutely necessary. Otherwise, sorcerer and warrior stacks are essentially going to win everything and there's no room for a rogue.

C) Weapon sets specifically for this type of battle. Sell them as platinum packs and they are the only gear that can be used in the arena.

D) Leaderboards so people can know who the leading guild is in this aspect of the game.

E) All fight in one arena. 10v10 sounds epic!

This will put everyone on an even playing field and generate a lot of income for you guys as well.
    question about C)
    How much need cost pack in your opinion?
    Will it be tradeable so non-plat players can use this as well?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default PTY much?

Weren't we trying to avoid this path lol.
    Respect Is Earned, Money isn't

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Timers as well as team members should be variable. Ideally we would be able to set them to whatever we want within a certain range (ex: 4-10 players, 15 min - 4 hours). If this would be to make applicable then perhaps give us a few options for each. (Ex: 30 min. 1 hr, 2 hr, 3v3, 6v6, 9v9).

I personally think the gm and officers should choose who is allowed in from the guild, aswell as being able to accept a challenge(by putting up their own gold if they are not the gm). If they can kick people, y not accept a challenge?

However I am against platinum being used for wagers. Seeing as how the current plan is for only the gm to be able to accept challenges, this could become a significant plat burden upon the gm. Especially if a guild participates in multiple challenges per day. While i realize many of the latest updates to the game have $ incentives through plat spending (housing, pet animacy), pvp has always been free to enter and should remain so. Paying platinum just to accept a challenge from a guild is not something I will ever find myself doing.

As for the challenges themselves, someone has mentioned the ability to counter propose a challenge with regards to the gold reward, player number and time. I think this would be a great feature should it be implemented. I also think there needs to be a limit on how much 1 guild can challenge another to avoid spam, maybe only 1 active challenge at a time regardless if its accepted and ongoing or sitting idle.

Personally I would love to see a 1v1 option for the guild challenges. Put up your best individual fighters against an entire enemy guild to see if any of them can beat you. Also swap players between your own team to make it a guild oriented battle.

Thats all I've got for now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Timers as well as team members should be variable. Ideally we would be able to set them to whatever we want within a certain range (ex: 4-10 players, 15 min - 4 hours). If this would be to make applicable then perhaps give us a few options for each. (Ex: 30 min. 1 hr, 2 hr, 3v3, 6v6, 9v9).

I personally think the gm and officers should choose who is allowed in from the guild, aswell as being able to accept a challenge(by putting up their own gold if they are not the gm). If they can kick people, y not accept a challenge?

However I am against platinum being used for wagers. Seeing as how the current plan is for only the gm to be able to accept challenges, this could become a significant plat burden upon the gm. Especially if a guild participates in multiple challenges per day. While i realize many of the latest updates to the game have $ incentives through plat spending (housing, pet animacy), pvp has always been free to enter and should remain so. Paying platinum just to accept a challenge from a guild is not something I will ever find myself doing.

As for the challenges themselves, someone has mentioned the ability to counter propose a challenge with regards to the gold reward, player number and time. I think this would be a great feature should it be implemented. I also think there needs to be a limit on how much 1 guild can challenge another to avoid spam, maybe only 1 active challenge at a time regardless if its accepted and ongoing or sitting idle.

Personally I would love to see a 1v1 option for the guild challenges. Put up your best individual fighters against an entire enemy guild to see if any of them can beat you. Also swap players between your own team to make it a guild oriented battle.

Thats all I've got for now
    The system would be free to enter, but if you want to place bets, then you would need to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The system would be free to enter, but if you want to place bets, then you would need to pay.
    If they force us to spend plat, this would no longer be a free to play game. Maybe a farmable currency should be allowed in exchange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bira View Post
    If they force us to spend plat, this would no longer be a free to play game. Maybe a farmable currency should be allowed in exchange

I'm sure they will announce something like bet kits.