Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Upgrade System Initial Thoughts Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

So, my question is: Can the Leprechaun/Jack Hellows Pendant be upgraded?

Then the pendant would have stats

Great job STG! The system sounds great and I have no complaints
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Another idea would be to give upgraded items a standard and 'subtle' color-coded glow or particle effect . Nothing too fancy or distracting, but a visual que on how many/what upgrades each item has when it's equipped.

Maybe it's just me, but I always enjoy looking at people with vanities trying to figure out their stat build and gear they wear. Often small visual cues, like the subtle sparkles of Archon/Mythic rings and mythic pendants is enough to get an idea of the gear someone is wearing.

A simple way would be 3 different colors, each showing how many upgrade slots are filled. Just for example purposes, let's take a red/green/blue (faint) glow/particle effect around your items...
    Red= 1 upgrade slot filled
    Green= 2 slots filled
    Blue= 3 slots

That system could of course be taken much further than that. For example (I know yellow, red, blue would be more appropriate, but for the sake of uniformity I'll be using R/G/B again)...
    Red= Str
    Green= Dex
    Blue= Int

Items with 1 str gem, would glow faintly red (or have a faint red sparkly effect or...), with 2 they would glow brighter (or more/bigger particles...), while 3 str gems would give a maximum effect. Also a distinction between normal and superior bonded gems could be added.

If str/dex/int is combined, multiple different color effects could be displayed at the same time. For example, if a Str and Dex gem would be used, both Red (Str) and Green (Dex) effects would be shown as 2 different colors. Alternatively, colors could just be mixed. So let's say you'd have a str/dex and int gem equipped, R/G and B would mix and display a white color.

As you can see, the possibilities are nearly endless.

I understand that too many colors would be distracting and make us all look like walking Christmas trees, so the effects I'm talking about should be really subtle but clear enough to make out the difference.

I can understand if my suggestion might seem trivial to most, but to me I always enjoy seeing someone with cool items and small visual cues that show of exactly what I'm looking at. If not for visualizing stats, wouldn't it just be cooler to have a different effect instead of having every normal/upgraded item look exactly the same?
    Last edited by JaytB; 11-03-2013 at 12:46 PM.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quick question, level 31 myths would have a normal value of +3 and superior value of +5? If the current level cap 36 is increased what happens to eq with superior value of +6? Would it drop to +5 or remains +6? Thx.
    Last edited by MaestroMaster; 11-04-2013 at 02:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    arcane - 1slot
    mythic - 1slot
    legendary - 2slot
    epic - 3slots.

firstly, I would like to point it other way around. with this the non mythic/arcane user or what we call non-plat players can make a good weapon to atleast shorten the gap between arcane to epic wielders. we know arcanes and mythics are already Giving a huge gap so why not give chance to those who can afford only legendaries. this would also Keep the casual players.

Secondly, give more gems that can give a proc ability. There are many proc ability from lowlvl weapons that isnt being used. For example, dark path from a sorc staff that can do life leech.

my opinion and would like to see the feedback.
    overall i like how the developement on gears is going. ty
    I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

The most expensive and difficult to obtain items should have the best upgrade options. That's how it is in all the limited MMO's I've played and that's, in my personal opinion, how it should be.

I can understand the point of view of some about 'widening the gap', but is 6 str/dex/int -at best when creating a superior bond on a lv36 item- really going to close that gap or make it noticeable wider?

We don't even know yet how expensive crafting is going to be. It could very well be so expensive that non of the pink users that are now complaining would actually bother to upgrade in the end.

To me, it wouldn't make any sense that lower rarity/cheaper weapons would have better upgrade options as compared to the rarest/most expensive ones. I don't see why STS would have to break traditional systems, only to benefit those people who don't put the effort in it to get those best items. Before people yell 'plat users!', I know plently of people who rarely ever buy plat rocking mythics, because they actually put the effort into obtaining gold to buy them.

If I really had to propose a 'solution' (although I don't think there's a problem), I'd say make the number of upgrade slots for every item the same. That would at least be a solution that's fair to both parties and doesn't put Mythic/Arcane users at a disadvantage. Suggesting to overthrow traditional MMO systems just to benefit those without the drive to go for Mythics/Arcanes, while simultaneously trying to put those people who put most effort in the game at a disadvantage, ticks me off a little. Some people post here as the shining knights on white horses who are here to benefit the masses, while in reality they only seem to suggest solutions that solely benefit them.

I hope this didn't read like a rant because that wasn't my intention. I just think that people shouldn't only look at things from a perspective that benefits just themselves.

U rok, thanks!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    The most expensive and difficult to obtain items should have the best upgrade options. That's how it is in all the limited MMO's I've played and that's, in my personal opinion, how it should be.

I can understand the point of view of some about 'widening the gap', but is 6 str/dex/int -at best when creating a superior bond on a lv36 item- really going to close that gap or make it noticeable wider?

We don't even know yet how expensive crafting is going to be. It could very well be so expensive that non of the pink users that are now complaining would actually bother to upgrade in the end.

To me, it wouldn't make any sense that lower rarity/cheaper weapons would have better upgrade options as compared to the rarest/most expensive ones. I don't see why STS would have to break traditional systems, only to benefit those people who don't put the effort in it to get those best items. Before people yell 'plat users!', I know plently of people who rarely ever buy plat rocking mythics, because they actually put the effort into obtaining gold to buy them.

If I really had to propose a 'solution' (although I don't think there's a problem), I'd say make the number of upgrade slots for every item the same. That would at least be a solution that's fair to both parties and doesn't put Mythic/Arcane users at a disadvantage.

I agree with the same number of upgrade slots for all items and not necessarily the upsidedown system suggested by cero. And yes a total of 30 str/int/dex from 5 items would make a huge difference.

Suggesting to overthrow traditional MMO systems just to benefit those without the drive to go for Mythics/Arcanes, while simultaneously trying to put those people who put most effort in the game at a disadvantage, ticks me off a little. Some people post here as the shining knights on white horses who are here to benefit the masses, while in reality they only seem to suggest solutions that solely benefit them.

Wow. I hope you are not refering to me with a large part of your rant. The upgrade system would benefit me just as much as anyone else who has full mythics. I worked really hard for my full mythic set and arcane pet back when it cost around 40m to get the full setup, so yes I worked really hard for my gear, and I am not just crying "plat users" because I am lazy. Please don't assume things about people you don't know. I will kindly refrain from posting me assumptions about you.

I hope this didn't read like a rant because that wasn't my intention. I just think that people shouldn't only look at things from a perspective that benefits just themselves.
    Responses in bold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

non plat users are getting out of the game!!
    QUESTION? W/O THOSE NON PLAT USERS OR ORDINARY PLAYERS .DO YOU THINK THIS
    GAME WOULD BE NICE??WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS .DONT GIVE A REASON TO
    NON PLAT USERS TO DONT PLAY ANYMORE AL CAUSE THEY CANT FIGHT IN PVP...YES AFFCOURSE PVP IS NOT
    THE ONLY WAY TO ENJOY THIS GAME BUT THIS IS A BIGPART OF THE GAME TO MAKE FUN SINCE
    ITS RPG GAME!!WE DONT WANT TO SPEND ENTIRE TOME JUST TO HUNT AND EARN A LIL GOLD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Responses in bold
    If I was talking about you, I would've quoted you. Stop taking things personal.

Ow, and I encourage you to post your 'thoughts about me' if it would make you feel any better.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Can i socket 3 gems into a leprechaunt pendant? (its mythic)

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #110
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Can i socket 3 gems into a leprechaunt pendant? (its mythic)
    Yes, you will be able to socket 3 gems into a Leprechaun Pendant when the system goes live.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Yes, you will be able to socket 3 gems into a Leprechaun Pendant when the system goes live.
    Hehe nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    That's good news!

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I agree that giving 2 slots to legendary and 3 slots to mythic and arcane further widens the gap between those that have mythic and arcane and those that don't. For a full set of mythic vs legendary gear (weapon, helm, armor, ring and amulet) this equates to a difference of 5 slots or a minimum of 15 and a maximum of 30 (for a superior bond) stat points. This difference is huge! Please sts, reconsider. This will make elite legendary gear even more worthless than it already is, making this a game even more exclusively for plat spenders, merchs and scammers. Just my humble opinion.
    STG, it's not too late! Please reconsider!
    IMAGINE THE CHAOS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

One question

If I upgrade my lvl 26 mythic helm with gem, can I upgrade this same helm at lvl 36 and keep the bonus gem?
    Or I will restart my upgrade with gems once my helm will be lvl 36

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

you need plat to craft?
    Why have fancy and complex signature when you can have a plain and simple one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urm View Post
    you need plat to craft?
    Nope, at least not in STS's original proposition.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

so confused and i read this 5th times
    stranger danger
    AL: Lovingly
    PL: Pollasauce, Whatachamp L35

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #118
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Urm View Post
    you need plat to craft?
    No you do not.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Justg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I don't like this upgrade System, because it's the next Gamble thing ingame...

I'm no 'lucky' Player and i'm sure i need a lot of Gems and time/Plat for getting a Superior Bond......

I'm sure, at the beginning the Players love it and maybe spend some Plat for it and then they complain about their luck....

Sry but i'm really tired of all these luck systems ingame.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

I'm curious, which weekend exactly is this going to be released? (I need to plan my plat buying days for this month ahead of time)