Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Window

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horme View Post
    I think removed trade system will solve many thing including scam, gold seller, or anything else. So, auction is the only one place for player to sell and buy stuffs. A lot of item you can sell in auction, it's providing more slot than trading to someone.
    Removing the trade window will do the opposite, plus force the market to plummit (as only way to sell items is thru cs or liquidation), and increase global chat spams.

If you have not noticed, sts implemented a warning pop window several months back, that will be promted if either player in trading changes the item or amount of gold. Its up to the players trading to make sure they correctly read the item they are buying thru trade window, is the original item they intended to buy, and gold amount is correct. There are a few similar items that can be misread for another. I.e., Blight/ blinky.....
    Last edited by Avaree; 06-07-2017 at 05:28 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Removing the trade window will do the opposite, plus force the market to plummit (as only way to sell items is thru cs or liquidation), and increase global chat spams.

If you have not noticed, sts implemented a warning pop window several months back, that will be promted if either player in trading changes the item or amount of gold. Its up to the players trading to make sure they correctly read the item they are buying thru trade window, is the original item they intended to buy, and gold amount is correct. There are a few similar items that can be misread for another. I.e., Blight/ blinky.....
    Yes. Trading is one of the main reasons why I play Arcane Legends, and it is crucial to the game's functioning. STS has shown to make some improvements, such as the 'warning' lately. These improvements should continue to be made.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ydra View Post
    Why can we only fit 4 items in the trade window?.
    Because it's possible

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Almost all scams are partly fault of the scammed one, but if the scam could be avoided by improving the system, why not improve it then?
    Just because something is not broken, it does not mean it couldn't and shouldn't be improved.
    thats like accusing a robbery victim of carrying too much money, or a rape victim of being too pretty.
    the victim is NOT at fault for a crime just because they were an easy target

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

I think removed trade system will solve many thing including scam, gold seller, or anything else. So, auction is the only one place for player to sell and buy stuffs. A lot of item you can sell in auction, it's providing more slot than trading to someone.
    ive suggested this myself... no point at all to "private trades".
    people have asked for public announcement system to call better... cant scam if no private transactions... cant transfer tween multi accts so less chance of bug abuse... seems like brilliant solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crudmudgeon View Post
    thats like accusing a robbery victim of carrying too much money, or a rape victim of being too pretty.

Your analogy does not work in this instance.
    When being victim of robbery or rape, there is very little one can do. The same does not apply to trades in AL.

When trading, the scammer can only perform his action with the victim's 'consent'/approval (namely, clicking confirm in the trade window (twice , in fact). When being victim of a robbery/rape, one does not have any option on confirming/consenting to the criminal's action.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Im with Ydra on this one. Your analogy for this situation is horrid.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

the analogy is accurate... a crime is a crime... phoning an old lady and convincing her to invest in your fake business is just as wrong as intentionally trading fewer or different items than was agreed upon.

why would you ever claim it is up to people to defend themselves at all costs rather than attacking dishonesty.

Last edited by crudmudgeon; 06-07-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Your analogy does not work in this instance.
    When being victim of robbery or rape, there is very little one can do. The same does not apply to trades in AL.

When trading, the scammer can only perform his action with the victim's 'consent'/approval (namely, clicking confirm in the trade window (twice , in fact). When being victim of a robbery/rape, one does not have any option on confirming/consenting to the criminal's action.
    i can think of half a dozen things either victim COULD have done to prevent the crime... but why should they have to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

A crime is a crime, is only applicable in Real life not in pixel land. Like I've said hundreds of times in AL and in dozens of other games if you would only take 5seconds just to check to see what you are really trading for, then there would be no person saying they got "Scammed".
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chocolaty For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post

Yeah, I knew that warning feature has been added to trade system, but that doesn't solve selling gold, selling name or similar problem that can possibly happen with current trade system. If trade got removed as an exchange they can add offer feature in auction, buyer put their gold in auction then if somebody interest with the price that buyer offered, seller can liquidate/trade their item to the buyer via auction. Nobody can cheat the auction too*
    -No Gold Seller
    -No Name Seller
    -No Bot Spammer* (No trading permit anymore)
    Wouldn't it be nice?
    Last edited by Horme; 06-07-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

the analogy is accurate... a crime is a crime... phoning an old lady and convincing her to invest in your fake business is just as wrong as intentionally trading fewer or different items than was agreed upon.

why would you ever claim it is up to people to defend themselves at all costs rather than attacking dishonesty.

I am not advocating that the victim is guilty in either case. The victim is innocent in both the robbery/rape and scam scenarios.

What I am demonstrating is that in the scam situation, the victim CAN do something to stop it from happening.
    In the robbery/rape situation, the victim CANNOT do anything to stop it from happening.

i can think of half a dozen things either victim COULD have done to prevent the crime... but why should they have to.

In an ideal society, there would be no victims of crimes, so there would be no need to defend yourself. Since neither AL nor real life are ideal societies, crimes happen, and it is to the victims benefit that they defend themselves.

But again, while in the scam scenario the victim has a choice to prevent it from happening, the rape/robbery victim does not WHILE the crime is happening. One victim is defenseless while the other is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

you sir are a terrible person and i pity your soul.
    you place blame squarely on the victim to prevent the actions of dishonorable people.
    have you heard of the movie "Minority Report"? it involves the imprisonment of psychics for the purpose of predicting when someone INTENDS to commit a crime... are these the lengths we must go to to prevent abuse of a poor system rather than just fixing it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    I think a better system would be the ability to trade items in bulk, such as >100x item< and it show as 1 slot when you trade.
    Totally agree!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

really not sure how someone could even get scammed through trade window.

If i was a beautiful woman i wouldnt walk dark streets or alone

If i was rich enough to buy a turbo mansion i wouldnt run around the hood in a suit.

It really comes to that there are always going to be scammers but(forgive the caps..) these easy targets are that way (at least partially) because PEOPLE DO NOT DO DILIGENCE, and hardly critically think situatuons through.

People just need to EDUCATE themselves, i grew up playing D2 and there wasnt any safety features in trade windows so you learned quick to do your homework.

Thank you for your time and wish all the best,

Ign: Archonmage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Eye229 View Post
    really not sure how someone could even get scammed through trade window.

They dont take 5seconds to see what they trading. Then blame others for their mistakes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

you are still defending dishonesty instead of providing a solution to it. your logic boils down to "Its ok to rob someone because they could have avoided that deal". Its fraud, its not ok, and only someone who benefits from such a system would defend it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Yeah, I knew that warning feature has been added to trade system, but that doesn't solve selling gold, selling name or similar problem that can possibly happen with current trade system. If trade got removed as an exchange they can add offer feature in auction, buyer put their gold in auction then if somebody interest with the price that buyer offered, seller can liquidate/trade their item to the buyer via auction. Nobody can cheat the auction too*
    -No Gold Seller
    -No Name Seller
    -No Bot Spammer* (No trading permit anymore)
    Wouldn't it be nice?
    Adding an option to make an offer is a great idea, however, taking away player to player trade will force a lot more items to be listed, this will flood the market causing prices to fall.

The current trade system will only fail if a player misses the big "warning" prompted window. If a player miss reads after the big "warning window" and item in trade was switched blight for blinky, you can't blame the trade window. I have been scammed by miss reading the slayer 52/54 amulets, but again I was half at fault for not being more thorough.

**Taking away the trade window will not stop black market name sales, or gold sales....**
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

you sir are a terrible person and i pity your soul.
    you place blame squarely on the victim to prevent the actions of dishonorable people.
    have you heard of the movie "Minority Report"? it involves the imprisonment of psychics for the purpose of predicting when someone INTENDS to commit a crime... are these the lengths we must go to to prevent abuse of a poor system rather than just fixing it?

Please re-read my previous response carefully:

"I am not advocating that the victim is guilty in either case. The victim is innocent in both the robbery/rape and scam scenarios.
    What I am demonstrating is that in the scam situation, the victim CAN do something to stop it from happening.
    In the robbery/rape situation, the victim CANNOT do anything to stop it from happening"

Also no need to appeal to emotion. An objective discussion is far more productive.

And remember: the main reason I made this thread was to provide an idea to protect players from being scammed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

you are still defending dishonesty instead of providing a solution to it. your logic boils down to "Its ok to rob someone because they could have avoided that deal". Its fraud, its not ok, and only someone who benefits from such a system would defend it.

Ignorance is bliss, i envy you.