Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2023-01-24 Content Update (299242)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    I have always wondered what would happen if you (STS) would release (some specific map) or in future expansions the elite zones (or LB) the function of non-Ankhs with much harder enemies

@Cinco, I'm not sure if were you present at the Kraken LVL 26 expasion? I remember that the last map, Bloodhammer was extremely complicated 'cause the enemies and Bloodhammer had an extremely high hp and a brutal damage, that forced us to use the 3 types of classes, Rogue damage to beat down the minions and bosses, smurfs "controlled" the minions and the warrior who tried to keep everyone alive (a real tank)

I'm not sure why now everyone's need is being the perfect kill machine, each class is different, the problem here is that maps aren't harder enough and the rewards are really terrible

I consider myself old school (I started in 2013), when there was the dead city expansion, used to be much more excitement to level up and hunt for golden chests, but now it's all about GL, I personally hate GL, I prefer to farm chests or something else, I feel the rewards for running maps are not worth it at all, everything is so boring now.
    It's the speed running mentality. It's not about tactics anymore, it's just brainless farming with a mini boss here and there to keep the dopamine running.

Speed sets (then speed awakens compounded it) and ankhs really killed any kind of tactics being needed. Dodging red zones has become a joke for example when you move like the flash or get hit? lol ankh. Remember the days of dying on the boss and having to run back in time? Or when the entire team died and the warrior had to keep the boss from resetting and stay alive himself.

Would love to see the game return to something like that but don't think the playerbase would accept it.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Arkiouj For This Useful Post:

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,185 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkiouj View Post
    Would love to see the game return to something like that but don't think the playerbase would accept it.
    Difficulty is supremely controversial.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

It's the speed running mentality. It's not about tactics anymore, it's just brainless farming with a mini boss here and there to keep the dopamine running.

Speed sets (then speed awakens compounded it) and ankhs really killed any kind of tactics being needed. Dodging red zones has become a joke for example when you move like the flash or get hit? lol ankh. Remember the days of dying on the boss and having to run back in time? Or when the entire team died and the warrior had to keep the boss from resetting and stay alive himself.

Yes, I would love to see something like that coming back, I'm not sure how players today are not bored of running the same map over and over again for hours just for some gold, I meant I understand it's a guaranteed reward, but there's nothing exciting about it.

The hard maps created friends, the happiness of beating down a hard boss was just speechless, everything was so balanced, of course these maps were designed for the best players but at least we had a GOAL to achieve (getting the best gear to run these elite maps for huge rewards) not just the "aps", some of the new aps are just ridiculous (100 badge AP is crazy) I want to have fun and spend some time with new friends not run a map like a robot

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiryas For This Useful Post:

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,185 Posts

Yes, I would love to see something like that coming back, I'm not sure how players today are not bored of running the same map over and over again for hours just for some gold, I meant I understand it's a guaranteed reward, but there's nothing exciting about it.

The hard maps created friends, the happiness of beating down a hard boss was just speechless, everything was so balanced, of course these maps were designed for the best players but at least we had a GOAL to achieve (getting the best gear to run these elite maps for huge rewards) not just the "aps", some of the new aps are just ridiculous (100 badge AP is crazy) I want to have fun and spend some time with new friends not run a map like a robot
    We haven't given up on difficulty.

The Design team is working on something called the "Arcane Dungeon," and it's meant to strip out all those things that make running Arlor so very easy (even if you're not well-geared).

Last year a game came out called "Elden Ring." When I first heard about it I figured it would just be another impossibly hard 'Dark Souls' game but with better graphics. I figured that only hardcore souls fans would really care about it because the difficulty would be so crushing. Turns out (almost) everybody loves it! Now, I'm not comparing our humble Arcane Legends to what is widely believed to be the best game ever created; but I am saying that after over a decade of accessibility we should do our very best to deliver something that grinds your guts and slashes your spirit to pieces... because that's love :-)
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We haven't given up on difficulty.

The Design team is working on something called the "Arcane Dungeon," and it's meant to strip out all those things that make running Arlor so very easy (even if you're not well-geared).

Last year a game came out called "Elden Ring." When I first heard about it I figured it would just be another impossibly hard 'Dark Souls' game but with better graphics. I figured that only hardcore souls fans would really care about it because the difficulty would be so crushing. Turns out (almost) everybody loves it! Now, I'm not comparing our humble Arcane Legends to what is widely believed to be the best game ever created; but I am saying that after over a decade of accessibility we should do our very best to deliver something that grinds your guts and slashes your spirit to pieces... because that's love :-)
    Could this include some timed component, that is based heavily on skill and not gear as much? Or - could it include an honor timed mode? Thank you!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

You guys are nostalgia merchants. Because I BET if we were back in the "good days" of arcane legends, there would still be people complaining about how it's hard to survive and how they have to run back to the boss and if there can be a way for them to have an item which they can respawn that isn't plat. Stop with the nostalgia and thinking that everything would be perfect if the game went back to a stage where it's developed from.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fahtsssss View Post
    You guys are nostalgia merchants. Because I BET if we were back in the "good days" of arcane legends, there would still be people complaining about how it's hard to survive and how they have to run back to the boss and if there can be a way for them to have an item which they can respawn that isn't plat. Stop with the nostalgia and thinking that everything would be perfect if the game went back to a stage where it's developed from.
    And you're right, when the lvl 26 expansion went live a lot of players complained about the hard difficulty, but we used to it, also, the loot (back then) was amazing, as only there you could get the mage staff "firesquid" or something like that, I know the game has changed, I simply would like to see something exciting (again), I meant after I reached 1B gold there is nothing relevant or good to do now, hope this helps to clear what I am trying to say

ING: Valkiryas - Alassien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

And you're right, when the lvl 26 expansion went live a lot of players complained about the hard difficulty, but we used to it, also, the loot (back then) was amazing, as only there you could get the mage staff "firesquid" or something like that, I know the game has changed, I simply would like to see something exciting (again), I meant after I reached 1B gold there is nothing relevant or good to do now, hope this helps to clear what I am trying to say
    I get what you're saying. As cinco said, some arcane dungeon will be coming out this year so maybe this can please your desires.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember the old days when running elite maps we must sacrifice warrior to parking the mobs so entire team can walk safely...yeah its kinda interesting and challenging...