Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
Objectively, I can see how anti-event badges players value hardwork, dedication, competence and skill. I can also see why sts chose to please the majority instead of the select few who values the aforementioned qualities.

For the hindrance on screen, it seems like you want others to be able to see your badge but you may find it reluctant to see others with all the same badges, because in a way it nullifies your effort when you know you decided to "disable" the very badge you worked so hard for just to not get visually annoyed by the flood of "commonness".

The common ground I can see at this point is if sts continues to do this in the long term, each major event with a plat tier badge, the towns would not be flooded with the exact same uniform but with a variety. It only appears to be nullifying now because this is the first event that does this. In years to come, more people would be having a select few kind of badges to wear and there would be more distinctions than there's now. Consider this a fashion trend that would pass.

There will be more varieties soon that would make it more distinctive like "ohh I did this event this year" and "ohh you did that event that year", effort here in this context can be subjective such that they decided to forgo some rl stuff to commit a certain time to the events which they would have otherwise skipped the event traditionally because of busyness in rl but this time they inconvenient themselves to commit to that event to get that badge so it does show something. Relatively speaking of course it can't compare to those who did the LB badges but it shows a different kind of effort regardless.
You should change your name to "misunderstand", you ignored my whole argument to say that I don't want to see other people's work when I actually do, I don't know what the point of that was anyway.
On the contrary, I clearly said that it is not hard to get to plat tier, and of course I value the work of those who got a badge in LB in the past and it was also one of my goals.
Goal that was distorted, since having a badge apparently lost its meaning, becoming a vanity or title of the bunch.
Also for your information, if I use the hide badges or title option, I also hide my own badge and title. With which I don't know what you want to imply.
It doesn't seem like you are been to a city or map currently though, saturated with auras, things flying or crawling, colored titles, and now badges.
I also read what Cinco said about the variety and the tier prizes. And now seems innovative to give badges to everyone, because it is something that most never had and that was a goal for many, which is also why this idea is popular, but in a few months when it is saturated with badges, it will lose its value quickly, and people will complain again that the awards are useless, as happened with the titles or banners, at this point I think nothing has been learned.

Ps: Having said that, I will refrain from answering you again, it seems that you always try to insinuate or misunderstand things, on purpose, perhaps, I do not know your objective. Previously, i tried to be clear and I think I succeeded, making my points.