Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: STS inadvertently causing ingame 'Classism' in PVE and

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    This suggestion also goes well with warrior development.

Why alter stats when the real problem is inefficient skills. Why would a dmg/dps class want another class if they will just have the same function?

Anther aproach to this is to have party buffs and appropriate skills as Ardbeg mentions.

Chest splitter staggering blow has a cancel windup upgrade which has not been in play since season 3. At one point in time this was a Warrior's key skill agains Jarl in lock farming. Imagine if Warriors can preempt red zones from mobs and bosses. More importantly this was already coded, all sts has to do is reactivate the upgrade not causing too much deviation in game play but altering map runs massively
    I don't think that upgrade will be coming back. that upgrade would be like canceling ankh usage.
    fact is that sts wants you to die. . red zones has always been bugged. its so evident in the new map. miles away from troll then bam you dead. then they say its lag that's causing us to die.
    if it takes more than a week to fix. . maybe not a bug but as intended imo
    remember when normal wilds was dropping elite chests. . that was a bug to them. . it was fixed in an hour or two

2. The Following User Says Thank You to aneshsinghblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

This idea has been mentioned before, but another solution is to add multi-class combinations. In Pocket Legends there were combos which required all 3 classes to use certain skills in a certain order within seconds of each other. Even while running pugs you would still end up landing some combos as it just seems to happen randomly. And with a good party that has some chemistry, it can be deadly.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    3. Most importantly - increase the leash ranges of all Rengol mobs, so that you can't just skip the hardest ones.
    This has been tried in the past and it resulted in loads of disconnections and tons of lag. Apparently most players do not have the required internet speed or the required tablet/phone hardware to handle the complex graphics that are transmitted when the mobs get too big. It works ok with some of the simple tombs like WT4 because the monsters are somewhat simple. But in the more advanced dungeons where there is more at play, it causes way too much lag.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This idea has been mentioned before, but another solution is to add multi-class combinations. In Pocket Legends there were combos which required all 3 classes to use certain skills in a certain order within seconds of each other. Even while running pugs you would still end up landing some combos as it just seems to happen randomly. And with a good party that has some chemistry, it can be deadly.
    In SL you would also need certain classes to unlock an area.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

And you will still see rogues saying they need a buff while the warriors desperately buff.
    What's the point of making everything 1 hit kill warriors, that means your making wars more useless and they can't taunt.
    Giving more dmg OK maybe not but what about their tanking?

Warriors can't tank nowadays because their taunt is completely broken,skills broken and useless armor and HP if a mob or boss can 1 hit kill.
    Buff The Warriors.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aneshsinghblu View Post
    I don't think that upgrade will be coming back. that upgrade would be like canceling ankh usage.
    fact is that sts wants you to die. . red zones has always been bugged. its so evident in the new map. miles away from troll then bam you dead. then they say its lag that's causing us to die.
    if it takes more than a week to fix. . maybe not a bug but as intended imo
    remember when normal wilds was dropping elite chests. . that was a bug to them. . it was fixed in an hour or two
    Yes they want you to die so you consume more ankhs which results in more ankhs being bought for plat and they get noticeable amount of increase in their income.
    Oh yes I remember that bug, it was fixed in just an hour and funny it takes them a month to introduce just junk things or they will take a week to fix a bug in a vanity or minor things.
    Buff The Warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    This has been tried in the past and it resulted in loads of disconnections and tons of lag. Apparently most players do not have the required internet speed or the required tablet/phone hardware to handle the complex graphics that are transmitted when the mobs get too big. It works ok with some of the simple tombs like WT4 because the monsters are somewhat simple. But in the more advanced dungeons where there is more at play, it causes way too much lag.
    I used to think so too, but I don't anymore. When I lag (and it definitely isn't my net or hardware), I lag everywhere - from Brackenridge to Rengol. When it's fine, it's fine everywhere, including the biggest elite pulls possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    I disagree with you. I don't know Tata if you played during the nordr elite days. Warriors were definitely needed in those maps and mobs and bosses one hit everyone. The only problem now is there are ankhs but I still think it would make parties wanna run with warriors if they are using too many ankhs.

What the real issue here is this. STG needs to make these maps harder but at the same time decrease the amount of ingredients needed to craft the mythic gear and arcane pets to balance out the difficulty of these maps. Right now the trend is for easy maps with repeated large volumes of easy runs to obtain large volumes of ingredients required. Guess who this favors.....you guessed it....dps classes. This will only exclude all warriors from any pve party.

I do agree with you about increasing the leash range of the mobs. But STG wont do it because of lag issues. So its a mute point.
    Agreed about Nordr, but there is one issue here. Buffing Rengol mobs, so that they regularly one-hit rogues/mages, will mean that most of the time they will two-hit warriors (and it will be so fast that it will look like a one-hit). The gap in survivability between dps classes and warriors is not that big anymore. I see warriors die in stupid 5-mob pulls even now. For example a bomb + a gladiator red zone attack. Even some of the so called "ordinary mobs" have hard-hitting attacks. Not to mention the brutes, who I've seen one-hit tanks on Nekro shield, but let's say this is a bug (although not fixed by now, so might be intended). I can tell you right now, that if mobs get further buffed, all you will see is all-dps parties on lixes for fast clearing. In my opinion, this will be the final nail in the coffin of the pve warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

So many suggestions were made but seems no one is listening..

I'll add my suggestions which I always has been saying again.

1. Obviously need better taunt. I like the idea of taunt over time too, but it needs to be stronger first. I wish it has a complete aggro hold for 1-2 sec when it hits boss/mobs.(1 sec for heal/jugg and 2 sec for cs/at)
    And I would like to have wider jugg with taunt upgrade.

2.Chest splitter staggering blow a cancel windup upgrade should be back. Just make it work with charged cs.
    We already use Kelvin to do this. Just let us use better pet which we can keep our survivability and dmg, and do this with our skills and fingers. Charged cs will make it not too easy but require good skill on players. Make the boss harder and give us our skill back.

3. We need more survivability. When tank dies on one hit just like all dps, what's the point of being tank? Making boss harder alone is not a perfect solution when tanks die one hit on them. We need armor buff that works on pve only or better jugg and vg.
    I have been suggesting to scale by level jugg and vg so end game tanks can actually tank in both pvp and pve, and also low level twinks can be balanced with other class.

4. We need more armor reducion on skills. I agree that tank shouldn't do dmg more. Then we need more debuff to make the run faster.
    I have suggested to have 25% armor reducion on jugg so we can debuff on mobs too. And also hope AT debuff to last longer. It hits only one target and has long Cd. It should stay at least 40% to half of skill Cd imo.
    When having a tank in pt means having 25% armor reducion on half of run + saving ankh, tank will be worthy to be invited.

5. Many suggested vg buff to be applied on pt which I didn't agree. However, if sts like this idea, here is my suggestions.
    Since vg range is too small and it has no taunt, taunt should be stronger first to keep aggro with 2-3 taunt skills. And its buff should last more than 10 sec once pt gets it because it's too small to stay inside of vg for the buff.

6. For the boss suggestion, even it doesn't do one shot kills, I would like to see wider red hit zone and meteor like in t3 so that dps cannot just stay away from boss and hit to finish it nice and easy. Plus stuns and slow too.

Any/all these suggestions will NOT make 4 tanks run faster than any other class but only help running with other classes which makes sense.
    Last edited by Excuses; 09-22-2015 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typos
    Aegis

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    This is probably where the main problem arises:

A warrior makes a thrread like this, it gets flooded with ideas. Opinions are divided and the solution is inadvertently lost in the sea of posts. Thread dies in a week or so. Then a fortnight later it's bumped up by another warrior. Couple of months later another warrior comes by and makes a thread.

Giving warriors more hp, dmg or even armour will only mean mobs/bosses hit harder in mage. This becomes a major pain in the neck for any mage with a "laggy" warrior and when the mobs can't get stunned or frozen its just the worst nightmare anyone could have.

Tbh, tanks are as much of an outcast as mages are. Not having an insane AoE for mages means most rogues will be dealing more damage at mobs especially when it's pulls of 3. Mages got more left out during double fossil weekend because unless you were stacked up on elixir and had the best gear most endgame warriors were dealing more damage with their skill sets in Arena. It doesn't help that half the environments of arena and the monster of Arlor are immune to the elemental effects of a Nott.

Giving the warriors an upgrade on rally cry or VB would be better than anything else. Since it could be tweaked so that warriors aren't left out on parties when the party wants to run efficiently. Honestly adding stun immunity to rally cry is redundant most rogues have razor shield and almost all mages without nekro run with shield. Would the warriors be content getting parties to when there aren't enough nekros in party and missing out on all the parties who have the best gear!?

How about not having a spot on the timed run lbr!? I don't think it's fair that warriors are left out on that too. Giving warriors the skills to support the DPS classes by increasing the DPS classes damage output would be the way to go. I honestly wouldn't mind mobs which were faster and hence easier. Then there's the boss one hit cancelling ability being given to warriors, this should happen if mages were given the ability to cancel out said one hits too. Don't want to be dependant on the smellies of Arlor to save my blue butt
    I agree giving warriors a party buff would be helpful to make them more wanted in PVE. But you are also missing the point about difficulties of maps. Back then when maps were so difficult and mob leashes were wider and mobs were alot more denser a mage was essential in a party for crowd control. If you had no crowd control back then ur team was toast. Warriors back then absorbed alot of the damage to prevent squishy mages from dying (had higher relative armor compared to other classes). You are concerned about how hard the current maps are? Trust me these maps are nothing compared to kraken and nordr elite maps back then. And back then everyone played in harmony.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    The amount of warriors needed in a pt equals the amount of ducks sts gives about warriors.
    Think about this situation:a popular youtuber decides to give AL a visit.He decides to choose the warrior,cause,obviously everyone wants to play as the big guy with muscles.What would his reaction be when he finds out that the big guy is more useless than apple maps?And of course,about pvp,cause AL pvp sucks.*cough*cough*matchmaking system*cough*cough*
    So yeah,buff the warriors ASAP!
    Don't forget al targeting system very bad...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No to 1 hit wide redzone. With majority of players having 300 - 600 ping. Even in there screen they already avoid the red zone but actually in game they are still stepping on the red zone due to delay. It is okay if AL have multiple servers to have better ping but fact is they only have one in one location. I hope sts will make warriors needed in pve.I agree with all suggestions that points out to taunts improvement, party buff, and also bonus buff when all class are present.

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I am a warrior and I have left any hopes so kind of quitting the game I'll only play events for fun and some loot IF I can get any.... And hey as we know STS is not listening at all which is proved by million is 'we are working on it' posts. I am forced to think why did I choose a war....but then I didn't know it would be so bad. This would soon lead to no one playing on warrior as some will quit and some will make other char but this doesn't work. It's ok for people who play a lot but I being a student(i study good and score 90%+ in all subs) can't play more than 2hrs and it's impossible to make other char and cap it/become rich/buy plat. There are a lot of problems with us but are already stated so I won't waste any time in another beg for buff post. They should understand our pain...and if u haven't noticed it NO DEV/MOD plays on a war. Everyone uses rogue or Mage. Think if warriors become extinct? Not much health. Just dramastically reduce rogue armour defuff them xD xD xD just joking...no offence rogues. But there is no doubt in this 'class negligence' being bad it's worse then hell.

#notoclassnegliegence
    #buffwarriors
    #openyoureyesSTS

Sorry if I am exaggerating but this is what i feel(though I don't remember what I said)

LETS STOP BEGGING FOR BUFF! LETS START ASKING FOR IT!!

Cheers,
    ~Greatankush
    Last edited by Greatankush; 09-23-2015 at 04:52 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Greatankush For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greatankush View Post
    I am a warrior and I have left any hopes so kind of quitting the game I'll only play events for fun and some loot IF I can get any.... And hey as we know STS is not listening at all which is proved by million is 'we are working on it' posts. I am forced to think why did I choose a war....but then I didn't know it would be so bad. This would soon lead to no one playing on warrior as some will quit and some will make other char but this doesn't work. It's ok for people who play a lot but I being a student(i study good and score 90%+ in all subs) can't play more than 2hrs and it's impossible to make other char and cap it/become rich/buy plat. There are a lot of problems with us but are already stated so I won't waste any time in another beg for buff post. They should understand our pain...and if u haven't noticed it NO DEV/MOD plays on a war. Everyone uses rogue or Mage. Think if warriors become extinct? Not much health. Just dramastically reduce rogue armour defuff them xD xD xD just joking...no offence rogues. But there is no doubt in this 'class negligence' being bad it's worse then hell.

#notoclassnegliegence
    #buffwarriors
    #openyoureyesSTS

Sorry if I am exaggerating but this is what i feel(though I don't remember what I said)

LETS STOP BEGGING FOR BUFF! LETS START ASKING FOR IT!!

Cheers,
    ~Greatankush
    You chose a warrior because everyone did so.And everyone still does.
    Go to windmoore or Traveler's Outpost for example.Tell me how many warriors you see (not endgame ofc).
    Then,go to expadition camp.Tell me how many warriors you see.(endgame or not,doesn't matter there).
    Also,check your friendlist and your guildlist.Divide the number of rogues you see to the number of warriors.
    Nearly every new player chooses the warrior.He is the big guy with muscles,he is in the game's icon ffs.A warrior is the king of Nordr,a warrior is the greatest hero of Arlor and Nordr,a warrior is the player with the most pve kills in the game...
    The warrior IS supposed to be Arcane Legends!
    And he was...but not for long.
    Now the Arcane Legends has become Rogue Legends.I mean,in season 1,2,3,4 (you know,the golden age of AL),the game was full of warriors,but it was balanced.You needed all 3 classes in the game to succesfully complete an elite dungeon (i don't know if i can call them elites now).But now,as Candylicks said (or someone else,sorry,i don't know for sure):"Nothing is better than a full rogue party".

Most of you still think i play as a warrior.
    No,i don't.And i am sorry for that.I would've keep playing as Dimitrian forever...That warrior was my life...it had my RL name...it had all those memories...when i completed elite oltgar with 2 warriors in a pt and still managed to finish in 45 minutes...
    But,as good things must come to an end,i realized how dangerous was to play as a guest.And because my tablet got #rekt.

*ehm*ehm* Sorry for this long post.
    In conclusion,buff the warriors.
    And as Ankush said,let's not beg for buffing the warriors.Let's ask for it.

Thanks for reading,

Dimi(the great)trian.
    Last edited by Dimitrian; 09-23-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

You chose a warrior because everyone did so.And everyone still does.
    Go to windmoore or Traveler's Outpost for example.Tell me how many warriors you see (not endgame ofc).
    Then,go to expadition camp.Tell me how many warriors you see.(endgame or not,doesn't matter there).
    Also,check your friendlist and your guildlist.Divide the number of rogues you see to the number of warriors.
    Nearly every new player chooses the warrior.He is the big guy with muscles,he is in the game's icon ffs.A warrior is the king of Nordr,a warrior is the greatest hero of Arlor and Nordr,a warrior is the player with the most pve kills in the game...
    The warrior IS supposed to be Arcane Legends!
    And he was...but not for long.
    Now the Arcane Legends has become Rogue Legends.I mean,in season 1,2,3,4 (you know,the golden age of AL),the game was full of warriors,but it was balanced.You needed all 3 classes in the game to succesfully complete an elite dungeon (i don't know if i can call them elites now).But now,as Candylicks said (or someone else,sorry,i don't know for sure):"Nothing is better than a full rogue party".

Most of you still think i play as a warrior.
    No,i don't.And i am sorry for that.I would've keep playing as Dimitrian forever...That warrior was my life...it had my RL name...it had all those memories...when i completed elite oltgar with 2 warriors in a pt and still managed to finish in 45 minutes...
    But,as good things must come to an end,i realized how dangerous was to play as a guest.And because my tablet got #rekt.

*ehm*ehm* Sorry for this long post.
    In conclusion,buff the warriors.
    And as Ankush said,let's not beg for buffing the warriors.Let's ask for it.

Thanks for reading,

Dimi(the great)trian.
    First time someone understood my point xD

But yeah the only reason people chose it was because
    1)They though in rogue it will be thought as if they are a girl but many G.I.R.L* play as a rogue
    2)Mage the name sorc was too complicated and didn't look good too

But warriors look good and warrior is a commonly used word too.

*full form:: Guys in real life

#buffwarriors
    #notoclassnegligence

Let's see what happens and thanks for reading both of my not to useful threads xD

I repeat DO NOT BEG FOR A BUFF LETS ASK FOR IT!!

~Greatankush
    [unfortunately a warrior]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Greatankush View Post
    First time someone understood my point xD

But yeah the only reason people chose it was because
    1)They though in rogue it will be thought as if they are a girl but many G.I.R.L* play as a rogue
    2)Mage the name sorc was too complicated and didn't look good too

But warriors look good and warrior is a commonly used word too.

*full form:: Guys in real life

#buffwarriors
    #notoclassnegligence

Let's see what happens and thanks for reading both of my not to useful threads xD

I repeat DO NOT BEG FOR A BUFF LETS ASK FOR IT!!

~Greatankush
    [unfortunately a warrior]
    I know girls who play as warrs,lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

I know girls who play as warrs,lol
    I know but let's talk the topic pls xD

AND JUST THINK BOUT THIS...
    The September producers letter had a line(read the last line carefully).

• Halloween 2015: Much as I love Oktoberfest we all know that the month of October is all Halloween. Tricks and treats will abound in Arlor as you party with the ghosts and ghouls in the Necropolis. We've made some exciting new changes this year so you can expect new gear, a new pet, and a sweet candy surprise!

And also the hauntlet5 will improve warriors image.

Looks like the working on it is true

Let's hope for the best

#notoclassnegligence

~Greatasnkush
    [Unfortunately a warrior]
    Last edited by Greatankush; 09-23-2015 at 09:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Rogues own the leaderboards. There is more to fixing the warrior class than just correcting the taunt. If you could get the warrior class to solo a map faster that would be a huge improvement. That doesn't mean just adding extra damage, there are other ways to go about this.

I'm done spending platinum on this game until there is a better explanation of what's going to happen with the warrior class. Back to begging for a party.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

The major thing that is holding warriors back, the way I see it, is the flawed taunt system. I believe the white and red waves you see emanating from the warrior is the taunt (please correct me if I'm wrong). A total overhaul of the taunt system is essential. Maarkus's idea sounds good; but I believe its possible to simply increase the frequency of taunts to say every 0.25s.

Once taunt is fixed, the next step is to get warriors gear which focus on HP and armor while sacrificing large amounts of damage. The PvP warriors can still use the old gear, but PvE tanks would need large amounts of HP and armor if they are to hold enemy aggro. Mobs can then be buffed.

The ratio of armor between rogues and warriors has reduced; rogues have just a few hundred points less than warriors now...this has to be fixed by increasing the armor warrior gear provides while skimping on the damage. 3k/2k ratio sounds balanced.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    I used to think so too, but I don't anymore. When I lag (and it definitely isn't my net or hardware), I lag everywhere - from Brackenridge to Rengol. When it's fine, it's fine everywhere, including the biggest elite pulls possible.

Agreed about Nordr, but there is one issue here. Buffing Rengol mobs, so that they regularly one-hit rogues/mages, will mean that most of the time they will two-hit warriors (and it will be so fast that it will look like a one-hit). The gap in survivability between dps classes and warriors is not that big anymore. I see warriors die in stupid 5-mob pulls even now. For example a bomb + a gladiator red zone attack. Even some of the so called "ordinary mobs" have hard-hitting attacks. Not to mention the brutes, who I've seen one-hit tanks on Nekro shield, but let's say this is a bug (although not fixed by now, so might be intended). I can tell you right now, that if mobs get further buffed, all you will see is all-dps parties on lixes for fast clearing. In my opinion, this will be the final nail in the coffin of the pve warrior.
    Well you hit the nail on the head man. That is what STG needs to fix in order for this to work. Make the armor gap between warriors and rogue more significant so that rogues will get one hit but warriors don't. Then increase the difficulty of the bosses in the map more so than the mobs. Again similar to nordr days where bosses and mobs hit hard and warriors had much bigger gap in HP and armor allowing them to survive. Also don't forget warriors back in the nordr days also died left and right cuz it was that hard. Only the skilled warriors with high hp and armor and fast fingers for potions survived. This was mentioned below by alhuntrazeck.

Who needs taunt from a warrior or AOE canceling skills if the new rengol maps have soft hitting bosses, low mob counts and nekro at their disposal?

The confounding issue here is rogues in PVE are too powerful in every aspect.....damage dealers...survivability with high dodge/high armor/nekro shield....high crit.....pretty decent HP. So no matter how much you buff warriors next to turning them into a rogue....will not be enough for people not to run all rogue parties. In fact this is also the same reason why mages have kinda lost out in PVE elite runs as well. if Rogues rarely die they need no crowd control from mages....hence mages are less needed.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 09-23-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Rogues are not any closer than they used to be in terms of armor, that point is moot. If you compare armor sums (body and helmet) from previous expansions you will see that if anything, the new L46 mythic set is perfectly in line with the L36 mythic set in terms of warrior-rogue armor difference (19-21% less armor for rogue).

The only thing that can be blamed for the unequal survivability growth is the all-class items (Planar Pendant, Arcane Ring). So yeah, 170 armor is less of an increase for warriors, more for rogues and even more for mages. Plus both items offer stats in the form of equal INT, DEX, STR which due to the stat distribution system gives an overall smaller survivability bonus for warriors in terms of HP. In return, they get more out of % armor buffs and also heal from STR skill buffs (which are not scaled <- that is what you should be focusing on).

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post: