Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Inventory item protection system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Default Inventory item protection system

Have you ever liquidated, gifted or even traded the wrong item by accident? It happens. But with the ability to lock/protect items in your inventory, you'd never need to worry about that again, just select the items you want protected, and those items will not be able to be traded, gifted, stashed or liquidated.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think that would be genius...granted we do have a buy back system for liquidating, and being careful does prevent everything lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Cool idea, would be super helpful for when u have many of one item and want to keep some/sell some depending on enchantments. +1 for item lock toggle
    🎉🎉🎊🔨Alphie Smash! 📢👻🎈🎊🎁🎉

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I like this mainly because I have done it more often than i care to admit with most recent being parts of the honor set. Before they restored the ability to gift, I had made suggestion to repurpose the "reject gifts" toggle to a "lock inventory" toggle figuring it would be easy to implement (require no display changes other than the toggle text). However, with all the new enhancements happening lately, this idea is much, much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

The buy back system is definitely a keeper, but the downsides are 1. that it only remembers the most recently liquidated five items (so if the item is not one of the most recent 5, it's good game) and 2. the buy back system forgets those items after a few town changes. In either case, those items are gone forever.

Sadly, mistakes do happen, sometimes even to the most diligent of players. I remember once a well known player and friend was cleaning his inventory from runs, and accidentally deleted his gold fbow (which was of the orange rarity, making it look like "trash"), unfortunately, when he noticed it was liquidated, it was too late and was lost forever. Plus, with enchantments, and people who might have multiple pieces from end game sets, either to resell or with different enchantments suited to pvp or pve/gold, or other useful items below the legendary rarity, there is room for error when one is fast liquidating items. As far as being able to protect an unlimited number of items in your inventory, it would make liquidating unwanted items a breeze. I am imagining protected items would be sorted at the top of the list with unprotected items below, and that protected items would have a closed lock symbol on them, while unprotected items would have an open/unlocked lock symbol associated with them.

A bonus feature on top of this would be a quick liquidation button for all unprotected items based on the selected rarity (vanities excluded!) or simply a button to liquidate all unprotected items (again, vanities excluded). Either of these options would be such a quick and easy way to clear unwanted items from inventory and would put one back into their pve runs in seconds flat. Players would of course need to be certain they protected all items they wished to keep before doing that!

The idea of an items protection system was actually born from a desire to do quick liquidations without worrying about accidentally losing items that were intended to be kept.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Draebatad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Definitely would be a handy feature to have in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad View Post
    The buy back system is definitely a keeper, but the downsides are 1. that it only remembers the most recently liquidated five items (so if the item is not one of the most recent 5, it's good game) and 2. the buy back system forgets those items after a few town changes. In either case, those items are gone forever.
    I'm with this idea, but #2 is essentially inconvenient, often because we players forget that we had to buy-back or remember too late, or simply accidentally liquidated an item, unintentionally in the first place.

This could also mean players could forget to lock a new item they either recently bought, or got a while back (few weeks or years) ago and accidentally liquidate it as they clean their inventory, thinking that one item was locked so they became absent-minded when it came to clearing up lots of space.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I am excited to see my quick-liquidation suggestion from post #5 has been accepted and can't wait to put this handy new feature to use. Tyvm Cinco. I also think stopping at legendary or higher rarities was a very wise decision. I'd like to see the other half of my suggestion added, the ability to protect items as detailed in post #1.

A bonus feature on top of this would be a quick liquidation button for all unprotected items based on the selected rarity (vanities excluded!) or simply a button to liquidate all unprotected items (again, vanities excluded). Either of these options would be such a quick and easy way to clear unwanted items from inventory and would put one back into their pve runs in seconds flat. Players would of course need to be certain they protected all items they wished to keep before doing that!

The idea of an items protection system was actually born from a desire to do quick liquidations without worrying about accidentally losing items that were intended to be kept.
    Name:  Screenshot_20190319-210847.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  189.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco
    I just sold all of my Pocket Legends common crafting components with two clicks! Big improvement on quality of life coming to PL, SL and DL!! :-)
    EDIT: Cinco did respond regarding the request to add the item protection system. Sounds like due to the amount of work it would entail that it won't happen now, but will at some point in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco
    Can't do the item locking right now. Unlike the other stuff this requires a lot of additional data to be saved for each item. We'll see if it is something that can be done in the future.

It's more about the host of different systems that need to access the items in the database and how they are currently set-up. It's not an impossible task it's just not an immediate one :-)

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server
    Last edited by Draebatad; 03-19-2019 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TzatOps View Post
    + Added options for batch selling by item type and rarity.
    + Expanded item buyback history size.
    The requested feature of quick-liquidate "Sell All" (by rarity) was added in the "2019-03-21 Content Update (263540)"!

Name:  Screenshot_20190321-110203.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  199.7 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20190321-110230.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  315.0 KB

This should end up being one of those features that we wondered how we lived without it for nearly 9 years. Thank so you much, Cinco!

Last edited by Draebatad; 03-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Have you ever liquidated, gifted or even traded the wrong item by accident? It happens. But with the ability to lock/protect items in your inventory, you'd never need to worry about that again, just select the items you want protected, and those items will not be able to be traded, gifted, stashed or liquidated.
    This is coming in the next app update (probably within the next month) with the exception that you can stash them - the 'protection' is for your account rather than a specific character.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Futumsh For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Draebatad
    Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    This is coming in the next app update (probably within the next month) with the exception that you can stash them - the 'protection' is for your account rather than a specific character.
    Futumsh, now that bit of news is pure music to any PL lover's ears! Thank you so much for the heads-up. This is another one of those features that people will wish they had had since PL started. But it's never to late. Totally looking forward to this one! I like how items will be protected across the entire account and that the items will be able to be stashed.

Also, another player asked if the "Sell All" function that says the rarity could also have the colors of each of their associated rarities. So Epic rarity would list as purple, Rare as green, and so on.

Super impressed with all of the good work, STS. Much love and appreciation.

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,878 Posts

Also, another player asked if the "Sell All" function that says the rarity could also have the colors of each of their associated rarities. So Epic rarity would list as purple, Rare as green, and so on.
    I'll hook up the colors to that when I have a little time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

I'll hook up the colors to that when I have a little time.
    Sweet! Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

+ Selling an item now has the option to sell all identical items.
    + Items can be marked as favorites to prevent sell/give/trade/etc.
    ^

The April 5 content update added the inventory item protection system that I had requested here last summer. Awesome!

With that update, now both the inventory protection (favorites) system and the quick-liquidate (Sell All) features that were suggested in this thread have been added to PL.

I know they may not have been the easiest features to add, but they sure are popular! The feedback I have heard so far is 100% positive.

You guys did an **excellent job** from taking the concepts to making them a reality. I especially like the choice of the heart to "favorite" (protect) an item.

You even added the corresponding rarity color to the rarity name in the "sell all" feature.

Thanks again for your on-going love and support for PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I like that the update now allows you to favorite the items you want to keep and it cannot be liquidated nor traded nor gifted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDragon View Post
    I like that the update now allows you to favorite the items you want to keep and it cannot be liquidated nor traded nor gifted.
    Have you ever liquidated, gifted or even traded the wrong item by accident? It happens. But with the ability to lock/protect items in your inventory, you'd never need to worry about that again, just select the items you want protected, and those items will not be able to be traded, gifted, [..] or liquidated.
    ^ Yep, that was the suggestion. Everyone loves it That and the "Sell All" feature.