Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What are happening to the guilds now???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Just levelup lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebezaanec View Post
    Not are guilds are like this.

My guild does not advertise in chatbox about recruiting.. We let the players ask us for an invite and we simply evaluate their gameplay style. We are not greedy and we are certainly not desperate for new faces just to top the other guilds.

But we do have requirements for the guild, such as Lvl Cap, Paragon, DPS, etc. This is not because we only want the best players (It would be nice) but it is to weed out the players who are not dedicated or will simply be non-productive in the guild.

Does it seem like we are competitive? It sure looks like it. However, we seek hard-working players who will at the very least contribute to a fun, loving, and family-oriented atmosphere. Don't we all love receiving warm 'hellos' in guild chat?

We would love to be the Top Guild, but it is not our major priority. I, personally, would not actually prefer it since it will probably attract hordes of beggars, leechers, and other harmful players. Our guild is happy with where we currently stand.

Good luck finding your guild!
    Exactly!

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Thats what happens when you try to enter one of the TOP2 guilds

I mean comon theres hundreds of other guilds you can join where no such recruiting rules exist but you choose to enter one of the top2?

For someone who doesnt care about the rank you sure are acting a bit odd. So those 2 guilds have strict guide lines but most guilds dont care that much

If you want normal, join a guild thats either far below on the guild rank or not in it at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    180 Posts

If you wanna be in top guilds you need to obey rules or else you need to find another guild

Actually most of these guild rules came into act when the guild ranking started

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?218499-YouTube-Channel!-Gaming-at-Peaks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

If guild ranks are there some1 has to be #1..u cant blame the guild coz its there..we hav our own requirements and i bet it wud hav been introduced even if rankins werent introduced.
    Talkin abt eos..we were 1.3k members at one time..we wanted to reduce the number of members..we cant kick ppl randomly so we decided to remove all low lvl members

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

lol..i wanna point this out.
    even before the top guild rankings came out.. DM has always had rules of being capped or 1 level before cap. we dont have much restriction(we have a reasonable restriction) into inviting people tho we do encourage people to do their aps, as for this paragon title.. we thought about the paragon title but we never implemented it.. and it came to me that its not necessary
    i rather help someone get their paragon title than reject someone over that silly thing, its something easy to work with.

My point is the reason DM is one of the top guilds.. and i am not bragging about this nor im showing off but just proving a point that not all guilds are like this is
    because of Blakadder and other's pro NOOB recruits who have stayed with us for a long long long time and have became decent to pro players.

most have stayed long because im sure everyone can agree to this.. the amount of growth people have grown from the moment they joined to the moment they leave (or stayed /now). im not saying ALL players but majority of players. and ive seen a lot of it ever since i been in DM..the warriors who had no idea what theyre doing months and months ago... some of them are now beside me..and can be found in officers chat

were more about personality quality than character quality, its easy to teach people and help people.. and the great thing about it is
    YOU wont ever have to try so hard. the amount of people helping in the guild.. even the "noobs" help and get so motivated to learn. its all about officers and recruiters setting a good example and thats something that rubs off hard on other people..

you know what they say, you attract your own kind
    Last edited by inkredible; 02-14-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Rejection sucks. When I read your post it made me feel like Two things are going on: 1) you miss the vibe your old guild had and 2) you are smarting from being rejected.

Regarding number one, it's hard to recreate the vibe of your favorite guild if it crumbles or merges. If you really want to try to find a guild with the vibe of your original guild you'll either have to make your own and create your own criteria or you'll have to try a couple of the smaller guilds. The majority of the elite/lb guilds will have criteria based on maintaining their rank. There are plenty of smaller guilds with a good vibe. Most of these guilds have rules such as: no spamming chat, no begging, no scamming but won't get pissed if you don't grind or farm countless hours.

Regarding number two, you just need to shrug it off and realize that lb guilds need to have a set of rules or they would have a hard time reaching and maintaining the top spots. Instead of getting your feelings hurt, just remind yourself that it's not about you--it's about ranking. In other words, don't take it personally.

Best of luck finding (or making) a guild that works for you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Rejection sucks. When I read your post it made me feel like Two things are going on: 1) you miss the vibe your old guild had and 2) you are smarting from being rejected.

Regarding number one, it's hard to recreate the vibe of your favorite guild if it crumbles or merges. If you really want to try to find a guild with the vibe of your original guild you'll either have to make your own and create your own criteria or you'll have to try a couple of the smaller guilds. The majority of the elite/lb guilds will have criteria based on maintaining their rank. There are plenty of smaller guilds with a good vibe. Most of these guilds have rules such as: no spamming chat, no begging, no scamming but won't get pissed if you don't grind or farm countless hours.

Regarding number two, you just need to shrug it off and realize that lb guilds need to have a set of rules or they would have a hard time reaching and maintaining the top spots. Instead of getting your feelings hurt, just remind yourself that it's not about you--it's about ranking. In other words, don't take it personally.

Best of luck finding (or making) a guild that works for you!
    Eos doesnt force ppl to farm countless hours...ofc we don like scammers or u don wanna get bugged..these rules r neccassary thats y they r there..yes we were very enthusiastic about our rank when the ranking was released.Later aftr a few weeks it was just a number.
    On the other hand we r a very fun guild u will always see ppl hanging out in gh n havin fun
    Its something like u wont know it as long as u havent felt it

@diegomarcus good lck findin guild of ur type

Retired.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

My guild does not advertise in chatbox about recruiting.. We let the players ask us for an invite and we simply evaluate their gameplay style. We are not greedy and we are certainly not desperate for new faces just to top the other guilds.

But we do have requirements for the guild, such as Lvl Cap, Paragon, DPS, etc. This is not because we only want the best players (It would be nice) but it is to weed out the players who are not dedicated or will simply be non-productive in the guild.

Does it seem like we are competitive? It sure looks like it. However, we seek hard-working players who will at the very least contribute to a fun, loving, and family-oriented atmosphere. Don't we all love receiving warm 'hellos' in guild chat?

We would love to be the Top Guild, but it is not our major priority. I, personally, would not actually prefer it since it will probably attract hordes of beggars, leechers, and other harmful players. Our guild is happy with where we currently stand.

Thank you Ebez, well said.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yasshh View Post
    Eos doesnt force ppl to farm countless hours...ofc we don like scammers or u don wanna get bugged..these rules r neccassary thats y they r there..yes we were very enthusiastic about our rank when the ranking was released.Later aftr a few weeks it was just a number.
    On the other hand we r a very fun guild u will always see ppl hanging out in gh n havin fun
    Its something like u wont know it as long as u havent felt it

@diegomarcus good lck findin guild of ur type
    Sorry, I was just responding to this quote from your GM

Quote Originally Posted by Paulsebi View Post
    4th : We are still having 600+ members all lvl 36 with 10 k + aps.... if your too lazy and just come in game to speak... than your place for sure is not in EOS!
    This made me assume that if you're online and "too lazy" (I have 14400 AP with no pvp AP but mostly log in to chat--what does that make me?) to run all the time EOS isn't the guild for you. I'm not slamming EOS for having its set of rules.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Thank You Ebez!
    As Paul pointed out, there are more reasons for recruitment requirements then just lb rank. For example our goal is to have active players for all fun things to do in al online at all times.
    With member levels or skills spreading too wide, organizing these things gets frustrating very fast. So we use the visible indicators, level and paragon title (it s perfectly doable now), and in addition do test runs with recruits to see if they re able to support their team. So far this works great for us.

There are tons of guilds out there, which are less competitive then the top ones, each with their own features, focus, and -most important- unique player base. Just find the right family for you, according to your goals in game and your skill and mindset!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Yash u spamming again :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hm its not rly in topic but wanna ask if i can join EOS?

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Thank You Ebez!
    As Paul pointed out, there are more reasons for recruitment requirements then just lb rank. For example our goal is to have active players for all fun things to do in al online at all times.
    With member levels or skills spreading too wide, organizing these things gets frustrating very fast. So we use the visible indicators, level and paragon title (it s perfectly doable now), and in addition do test runs with recruits to see if they re able to support their team. So far this works great for us.

There are tons of guilds out there, which are less competitive then the top ones, each with their own features, focus, and -most important- unique player base. Just find the right family for you, according to your goals in game and your skill and mindset!
    Exactly!And to answer to others...Eos doesnt force ppls to farm a number of hours per day and also doesnt force ppls to not have fun in gh / gc.
    There is alot of fun and trust meour gc always goes crazy ..sometimes you are annoyed that ppls doesnt stop speaking..this is a very noisy guild.
    RULES are not made to keep ranking..rules are made for other scopes..like keeping ppls active / help their mates etc. And about not being active ... yes i dont like this..i mean its ok 1 month...but if u are 1 day per /month on...sorry EOS for sure not for u. I always try to have the guild members active and being active contribute alot and always there will be support received in whatever is needed from members. Thats the reason I didnt made a limit to officers number. I always want ppls to have officers on and receive the necessary support. EOS was always an active guild and will continue to be like that. And to answer to other concerns...I took lead in a very bad moment for EOS.. was a hard work that time..spending lots of hours per day to rebuild what fall and everyone knows we always respected what others gms did and this is one of the reason why eos is here. When u will decicate alot of time for ur guildmates by supporting them in any activity..by spending time near them..by answering the hundreds pms u receive..by doing meetings and discuss hours in benefit of ur guild...you will probably understand the guild masters of the guilds..and their effort for keeping a guild active / helpfull and friendly and full of fun.
    If there are still any concerns please use private messages or post in guild threads what u like and what not. Pointing out something that its in ur mind and using something that others doesnt say doesnt worst even a reply. And if u ever want to know the reason why i congratz every week my guild when they keep the rank..its not for fame..its not something i care..you can pm me and i can explain it..there are other reasons behind and you should be able to see them.
    Ill be always happy with any rank as long as I see Eos a happy / fun & like a family guild with members who always help and are active.

So goodluck diego in finding a guild who suits you. Hope i cover all your concerns and if not, you are free to ask/ free to pm me or post in Eos thread.cya

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hey Diego,

First off, it wasn't right to flame EoS or DM because of them rejecting you. That was very unprofessional & shows the same lack of respect that you accuse the aforementioned guilds of.

Secondly, AL has been around for 1 year. So, unless you played other STG games - it's impossible to play AL for 2 years.

Thirdly, there are other guilds that exist. So, my question is: why do you care so much about being in a #1 or #2 guild? You too are fixated on the rankings of the guild. Guilds require strict rules to maintain order. If there weren't these rules, then players would have to deal with nuances like running elites with undergeared/underleveled players. I am sure that no GM wants to make their guild members unhappy or frustrated. A GM strives to keep the players in the guild happy - that's his role! The only way to do this is by not having an open door policy.

You want to get into the top guilds? That's great! However, you will need to meet their requirements. They are there for a reason - to maintain order. I can give you many theoretical examples of why certain rules in certain guilds are implemented.

If you want a guild that does not care about ranking, they exist. However, they also have their requirements. If you want a guild that will accept anyone, guess what? Those guilds exist too! They're just not #1 guilds on the leaderboards, so you will have to accept the fact that they aren't. However, I am sure that those guilds are filled with great fun loving players as well. If you're looking for those guilds, just stand around with the guild title <None> and wait for an invite. I'm more than positive that eventually somebody will recruit you.

GL!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

It is quite simple really: if you do not want to put in the effort or time to be in a top ranking guild then do not go around complaining about not being accepted by us...the end! ))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Um, was that to blunt? Lol, not very diplomatic of me :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

You can join my guild if you want.Northzide soldiers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Can y'all just calm down and think from HIS perspective? -.-
    Just stahp going on to what's right and what's wrong (zeus) and what should be done or how the guilds are (paul, yash, ebe, etc)

Now I'm nobody to lecture you guys but this issue could have been handled more delicately.

"Hey diego, I'm sorry to hear that happened with you.. Get back to me in game and we'll help ya level up and maybe then you can join? As far as the original post is concerned, I'm sorry you felt that way. We just had to keep the inactives and miscreants out. Glad to have you back though!"

Now, what's wrong in the above reply? Seriously, just keep your head on your neck guys it's a really petty issue!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hiosahaf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Can y'all just calm down and think from HIS perspective? -.-
    Just stahp going on to what's right and what's wrong (zeus) and what should be done or how the guilds are (paul, yash, ebe, etc)

Now I'm nobody to lecture you guys but this issue could have been handled more delicately.

"Hey diego, I'm sorry to hear that happened with you.. Get back to me in game and we'll help ya level up and maybe then you can join? As far as the original post is concerned, I'm sorry you felt that way. We just had to keep the inactives and miscreants out. Glad to have you back though!"

Now, what's wrong in the above reply? Seriously, just keep your head on your neck guys it's a really petty issue!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Well, maybe if you had felt attacked because you were specifically called out you'd be singing a different song. Just an opinion. Nothing I read here was that harsh btw. Its good for people to have a wake up call sometimes. So they know there are two sides to a story.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)