Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Actually, that's not it at all...

A merchant thinks the economy is failed when there are so many of the best items dropping that any item listed in the auction is unlikely to sell even if you undercut every other seller.

When you start having to list items 3 and 4 times, you lose any profit you could make to the listing fees.
    Which items are you talking about...? I don't know about you, but I'm still finding it relatively easy to merch as well as buy and sell. Perhaps you're looking into the wrong market? I know you've told me that you focus on only one end of the market. I gotta tell you.. the profit is not only there.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Which items are you talking about...? I don't know about you, but I'm still finding it relatively easy to merch as well as buy and sell. Perhaps you're looking into the wrong market? I know you've told me that you focus on only one end of the market. I gotta tell you.. the profit is not only there.
    I was talking about these rings! haha

Also items like the quills when Elite Undim Fields was bugged. Yes, I'm having no problem merching, but I tend to stay away from end game items. I do farm and sell plenty of them, but the prices are so unstable on new items it's best to stay away.

I miss the old days of merching in PL where item prices were usually very stable. I don't know if that will ever exist in AL because once we are done with an expansion all the elite pinks are discontinued and no longer drop.

Perhaps we will see this in the future on the old mythic helms, armor, weapons, old arcane, etc....when they all become twink items. Maybe then the prices will stabilize. I can see a future where maybe when we are at level 56 we are merching level 26 arcane hooks and mythic helms in the way we merched level 25 earthquake and onyx stuff in PL.