Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Preview 9/28/2022 | NEW Arcane Pet and a Spooky Good Sneak Peek

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Would like to ask if kraken dag aegis and staff proc, once ready, will it stay ready even if we swap to other weaps? Or will it just disappear and reset when we equip the arc weap again?
    Imo its good to keep the ready proc since most of the decent endgame players we have different weap for different set. Example swapping to ms set to run to next group of mobs, but proc disappeared coz the loadout has different weap for ms awakes.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
    Meow~

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post
    Would like to ask if kraken dag aegis and staff proc, once ready, will it stay ready even if we swap to other weaps? Or will it just disappear and reset when we equip the arc weap again?
    Imo its good to keep the ready proc since most of the decent endgame players we have different weap for different set. Example swapping to ms set to run to next group of mobs, but proc disappeared coz the loadout has different weap for ms awakes.

If you unequip the weapon you lose the kill streak.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    If you unequip the weapon you lose the kill streak.
    That's a terrible design. Everyone who would own and use these new arcane weapons firsthand would already own the prerequisites (owning an ms set/gl/dmg set). Changing gear loadouts is inevitable, players are bound to change gears, to utilize the different types of sets and hotbars to make all runs efficient, it's literally the meta for years now. This mechanic dissuades players to use their other gear loadouts, that's the biggest flaw.

Furthermore, does the weapon release the proc(when it's ready)on the next charge by itself? or do we get a release button to when the proc should be released, depending to us?

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbloonist View Post

Sorry! I misread the question. My reply was not complete...

If the weapon is 'ready' it will will stay 'ready' even if you unequip it and switch to another weapon.

When you decide to switch back to your Arcane kill-streak weapon the readied proc will still be ready. The visual effects for 'proc ready' will remain on your avatar the whole time even if the Arcane kill-streak weapon is not equipped (to let you know it's still ready).

Note: readied procs respect weapon cooldown timers so if you proc Pisces and then switch back to Kraken you'll need to wait 'til the timer ends before the readied proc will activate.

If you unequip a kill streak weapon before the proc is readied you will lose the kill streak. You don't lose the 'ready' status unless you die or leave the dungeon.

This is how things are set up currently. Apologies for any confusion!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Sorry! I misread the question. My reply was not complete...

If the weapon is 'ready' it will will stay 'ready' even if you unequip it and switch to another weapon.

When you decide to switch back to your Arcane kill-streak weapon the readied proc will still be ready. The visual effects for 'proc ready' will remain on your avatar the whole time even if the Arcane kill-streak weapon is not equipped (to let you know it's still ready).

Note: readied procs respect weapon cooldown timers so if you proc Pisces and then switch back to Kraken you'll need to wait 'til the timer ends before the readied proc will activate.

If you unequip a kill streak weapon before the proc is readied you will lose the kill streak. You don't lose the 'ready' status unless you die or leave the dungeon.

This is how things are set up currently. Apologies for any confusion!
    Sorry if I might have missed reply on this one. How weapon release the proc when it's ready. This one with charging proc mechanic by killing mobs need charge attack too? Or maybe new button like ulti?

Στάλθηκε από το LDN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

7.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papas View Post
    Sorry if I might have missed reply on this one. How weapon release the proc when it's ready. This one with charging proc mechanic by killing mobs need charge attack too? Or maybe new button like ulti?

Hit with your charged attack to release the proc once it's readied. We tested with the proc firing on basic attack but since you're very likely to be spamming basic weapon attacks at the point your proc is 'ready,' you wind up firing it by mistake and it feels disappointing. Testing with it on 'charged' release feels very strategic.

As for an additional button (or a button that is sometimes on screen) I really don't want to put another button on the display since it's already so extremely cluttered - especially on narrow aspect devices. It's not entirely forever out of the question for us to add a 'proc' button, but it's going to be a very tough sell for me and the rest of the team considering how restricted the screen space has become :-)
    | | | |

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Hit with your charged attack to release the proc once it's readied. We tested with the proc firing on basic attack but since you're very likely to be spamming basic weapon attacks at the point your proc is 'ready,' you wind up firing it by mistake and it feels disappointing. Testing with it on 'charged' release feels very strategic.

As for an additional button (or a button that is sometimes on screen) I really don't want to put another button on the display since it's already so extremely cluttered - especially on narrow aspect devices. It's not entirely forever out of the question for us to add a 'proc' button, but it's going to be a very tough sell for me and the rest of the team considering how restricted the screen space has become :-)
    Thanx for clarify. Charge attack will work fine. Extra button would be bad imo too but will not be noticeable the progress of charging. I guess we will have to know progress by testing on how many mobs needs to kill before fully charged.