Thread: Do you want Guild LB to continue?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    It’s one of the first things the game wants us to see is the lb. Guilds is the first category you see when you look at the lb. So trust me when I tell you we all see it at some time or another...

I have played other games that didn’t have a lb system & it created way more drama because of it. Now that I think about it this game keeps excellent records compared to others games I’ve played. And that’s what I like about it. So when I see the lb I know who is who & what is what. No explanation needed. You can talk all you want. But once you’re on the lb that is AL history. XD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I honor your personal opinion, but I play MMOs created by some of the big studios and they dont have a LB system and things are just fine there. LB system has nothing to do with drama. Anyway, if you read my last followup post I recognized the point many mentions here that Guild LB is required for competition, but at the same time the posts on this thread suggest that to change the perception required the change in system because as pointed out by other the system created the perception.

So the question is what kind of parameter changes are required.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Only parameter that needs to change is people’s attitudes.

Again. The system isn’t broken.

What exactly is the problem really if a guild has a requirement of 100k pve kills to join, or must have positive KDR to be able to join.

If they get on the leaderboards then that’s great it puts them in the spot light and when people ask to join and find out the requirements they will either

1. Be put off and find somewhere else to join
    2. End up even more determined to want to join and will work their fingers off tapping away to meet the requirements of the guild they are s fan of

What is seems to be insinuated now is that everything should just be given to everyone on s platter if they want it.

To that i say a very firm No to.

Just like it’s already been said and agreed competition and challenges are healthy, let’s not then contradict ourselves so foolishly and try to say now changes need to be made to something that isn’t broken.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with people having to earn their way to a guild and just as equally nothing wrong with letting no one but newbies into a guild.. what matters is we have the ability to make that choice and suffer the consequences or reap the rewards of those choices.

The system has a solid foundation and no matter what changes are made to it the problems you’re asking for a resolution for will always be there as the changes that need to be made need to come from within.

The kinds of threads that should be created are “how can we be more decent to one another, or more understanding and supportive?”

Once most of you end up nailing that, you too will realise actually there isn’t anything wrong here in the first place and realise with just the minor bs that can be seen here sometimes, can actually have quite a lot of fun in a game that’s actually pretty f***ing cool.

*drops mic*
    Godfather of Arlor
    HSGuild.com | HS Thread | H.O.F | HS Store | HS Discord

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BaronB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BaronB View Post
    Only parameter that needs to change is peopleÂ’s attitudes.
    ........*drops mic*
    This is what I get after de-cluttering your post:
    1) Its not an issue with the system.
    2) The issue is with the players.

And I believe your response to my question: "How would you make people change their perception given the current scenario?" is:

"
    The system has a solid foundation and no matter what changes are made to it the problems youÂ’re asking for a resolution for will always be there as the changes that need to be made need to come from within.

The kinds of threads that should be created are “how can we be more decent to one another, or more understanding and supportive?”
    "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    I honor your personal opinion, but I play MMOs created by some of the big studios and they dont have a LB system and things are just fine there. LB system has nothing to do with drama. Anyway, if you read my last followup post I recognized the point many mentions here that Guild LB is required for competition, but at the same time the posts on this thread suggest that to change the perception required the change in system because as pointed out by other the system created the perception.

I would stop to argue about this but there is no point in it. We have different opinions on this subject. But I would like to know the name of the guild you are associated with? If any...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk