Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Suggestions and ideas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Default PvP Suggestions and ideas

I think this'll be a good spot to pile in our ideas since the PvP is still a beta.
    I was thinking of that room everybody starts in when choosing a team and thought: Nice! How about we have a spectator like area or a place to do whatever without being killed. This PvP is alot better than the PL PvP. If you have some ideas, please post them below!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

I think pl and sl should have a pvp spectator area, as you said in your post. This would be awesome. There could be a area looking down on the arena from above, and you choose if you want to fight or watch? What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

- being able to see your opponents health bar.

- safe area unless both team have even amount of players.

- when players are knocked down they should not be able to do any damage.

- level specific requirements when joining pvp matches.( set a level limit when creating a pvp match, example 5-10,10-15,15-20)
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Being able to see how who and how many are on the opposing team.

A countdown clock when all players are ready. "3..2...1...match begin."

Being able to tell apart who's what type when you're choosing teams. Make the names colored.
    Red for com, blue for op and green for eng.

It would be cool if there were traps like in numa and those speed orbs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Different skills for PvP you need to level up in PvP to get skill upgrades, only 8 skills, but you can see all skills and choose what to have and so you wont have to wait and see what the next skill does, and class specific skills

But might be a little more confusion added to PvP and more work load for devs adding new skills and whatnot

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

All great ideas so far.

How about a Heal every 60 seconds if you are standing on your color pad at that mark.
    This would be were we could make a choice

1. Run to your pad to receive the heal
    2. Or decided to hunt down the people running for there pads & sacrifice your heal

Just a thought
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

All great ideas! Lets keep doing this!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

A guild war a new place for PvP in which a,guild fights another 10vs10

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

im waiting for you bud.

that adside. Official PVP RULES!!!! and an A.I. referee to enforce them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aculeas View Post
    im waiting for you bud.

that adside. Official PVP RULES!!!! and an A.I. referee to enforce them.
    LoL this is an awesome idea. Have Gandalf standing in the centre of the room smiting anyone who tries to rush the other team before there is balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    - being able to see your opponents health bar.

- when players are knocked down they should not be able to do any damage.
    Strongly disagree with these 2.

Opponents health concealed is part of the game - it influences strategy a lot.

Knock down would make certain classes OP.

There are already level specific requirements + or - 5 levels from host.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Strongly disagree with these 2.

Opponents health concealed is part of the game - it influences strategy a lot.

Knock down would make certain classes OP.

There are already level specific requirements + or - 5 levels from host.
    Odd... I've been in a game with a level 30 and some 36's. And joined a game as a level 10 and then a level 16 joined. Maybe at the moment it depends on the level of the host.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Ok i had this thought... "Gambling" now before you go and say ah this is a stupid idea let me explain. Now like you guys said before, there should be a spectating room but two seperate ones where you 1-5000 to go on one side (red or blue) this can be 1v1 (more recommended) or a 3v3 etc. Now im explaining it from a 1v1 view. Ok so there could be max of 8 ppl that get to gamble while 2 are on the battle field. You would have a time limit on gambling so one person wont be stupid and wait and hour before gambling( yes theres ppl out there like that) i would say 30 sec max. When all the money is distributed and locked in (idk, if your rdy i guess there will be a pad of some sort you can step on) there will be a count down from 5 secs before the match starts.. And if you chose the right person u get 2x, 3x etc. Of your money.

Now theres a flaw with this ik you could be thinking "but hey what if you players talk to each other telling which one to win and which one to lose to cheat out the process" well i was thinking the choice is at random. Choosing 2 ppl at random in a count down so no one knows who is gonna get picked. And also i think the should be rooms with lvl requirements for example: 10-15,15-20, 20-25, and so on and so on
    NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO CHATTING, PM'S, ETC WHILE ON THE BATTLE FIELD AND THERE WILL BE NO LOCKED GAMES AND NO BOOTING DURING THIS. AND IF YOU LEAVE GAME BEFORE MATCH ENDS YOU LOSE OUT ON THE MONEY AND YOU DO NOT ALWAYS HAVE TO GAMBLE YOU CAN JUST SPECTATE AND WATCH

now a question if your actually argeeing with this thought:
    should the spectators be able to see the fighters before the gambling or after when all the gambling in locked in???
    also 5000c is this too much bid??? should it be lowerd to 500c 1000c???
    Last edited by ThisGuy0502; 12-06-2011 at 08:13 PM.

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Thanks for all the feedback guys, just wanted to let you know I'm reading these and have new fixes / features in the works.

I won't be adding gambling to Star Legends. It simply doesn't lend it's self to the kind of game play we wish to foster or give us the kind of attention we want.
    Last edited by Thade; 12-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Here's my idea for a PvP "Towne" (concept taken from Subspace/Continuum (which rodvik is familiar with) but with some personal tweaks)...

Anybody familiar with brackets will recognize the layout.

Name:  pvptowne.png
Views: 85
Size:  1.5 KB

Here's how it works:

Since SL has "warping", I think this can work easily. But for this to work well, there should essentially be "auto-warping".

When players enter the zone/towne/instance, they are given a popup box with the choice "Ready to fight" or "Spectate".

Those who choose to fight are put into the center square, all on the same "team", like in a towne, until the matches begin. Max 16 players (for obvious reasons) can enter this initial center square. Anybody left over are automatically spectators.

Those spectating can use their dpad to watch any of the duel boxes they choose.

There is a timer which counts down at particular intervals how long until the next "tourney" begins. This can be two minutes, three minutes, whatever the devs see fit. If there are 16 ready players, the timer automatically goes down to 5 seconds. If there is an odd number of players at the end of the countdown, the first person to click Ready at the start of the cycle gets a "bye" and is placed in one of the 2nd round boxes. Everyone else is paired up and warped to their randomly assigned 1st round duel boxes.

As people are eliminated, they automatically become spectators while winners are warped to their next bracket. Anytime a new battle begins the combatants are warped to opposite corners of the duel box to avoid any foul play. Battle begins immediately. So if you're waiting for your next competitor, be ready!

Once the final round has completed, everyone is given the inital "Ready to fight!" / "Spectate" pop-up box.
    Last edited by drewcapu; 12-07-2011 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thade:504974
    Thanks for all the feedback guys, just wanted to let you know I'm reading these and have new fixes / features in the works.

I won't be adding gambling to Star Legends. It simply doesn't lend it's self to the kind of game play we wish to foster or give us the kind of attention we want.
    Ooo i jus got rejected lol ty thade for the info.. My idea was just a thought i really appreciate that ur actually gonna put some new stuff in pvp
    I love sts you guys are great

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu:505006
    Here's my idea for a PvP "Towne" (concept taken from Subspace/Continuum (which rodvik is familiar with) but with some personal tweaks)...

Anybody familiar with brackets will recognize the layout.

Name:  pvptowne.png
Views: 85
Size:  1.5 KB

Here's how it works:

Since SL has "warping", I think this can work easily. But for this to work well, there should essentially be "auto-warping".

When players enter the zone/towne/instance, they are given a popup box with the choice "Ready to fight" or "Spectate".

Those who choose to fight are put into the center square, all on the same "team", like in a towne, until the matches begin. Max 16 players (for obvious reasons) can enter this initial center square. Anybody left over are automatically spectators.

Those spectating can use their dpad to watch any of the duel boxes they choose.

There is a timer which counts down at particular intervals how long until the next "tourney" begins. This can be two minutes, three minutes, whatever the devs see fit. If there are 16 ready players, the timer automatically goes down to 5 seconds. If there is an odd number of players at the end of the countdown, the first person to click Ready at the start of the cycle gets a "bye" and is placed in one of the 2nd round boxes. Everyone else is paired up and warped to their randomly assigned 1st round duel boxes.

As people are eliminated, they automatically become spectators while winners are warped to their next bracket. So if you're waiting for your next competitor, be ready!

Once the final round has completed, everyone is given the inital "Ready to fight!" / "Spectate" pop-up box.
    So basically its like sometype of tourniment?
    u explained it very well i could imagine this being a "thing" in SL it would be fun and competitive at the same time
    Great job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

We should have a "switch teams" panel since some people have trouble fightings with unbalanced teams.