Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Reserved names

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

So basically screwing people who havent gotten a chance to get an "original name"? Sorry but i dont like this idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    So basically screwing people who havent gotten a chance to get an "original name"? Sorry but i dont like this idea
    You can only reserve the name of u already own it. And it's usually like 50 plat or so per name.

I think this is a perfect idea and was already discussing it with others. All the games should have an equal chance at reserving the names.

Pl players loyalty shouldn't be valued any less than AL players.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    You can only reserve the name of u already own it. And it's usually like 50 plat or so per name.

I think this is a perfect idea and was already discussing it with others. All the games should have an equal chance at reserving the names.

This

5. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this only increases scams, like "selling name!" DO NOT ALLOW NAME RESERVES!!

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tger View Post
    this only increases scams, like "selling name!" DO NOT ALLOW NAME RESERVES!!
    How can you sell a name reserve... they're linked to email

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NotYoCookiez View Post
    But that would have to include a free shield and they can't update game
    Name reservations for AL didn't include a free shield. The shield was for purchase separately. Only SL name reservations came with a free shield (Hardlight).

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    All the games should have an equal chance at reserving the names.

I actually entirely disagree with this, regardless of me being in the vast minority from this part of the forums. Name reservations being valid across multiple games led to a lot of problems the last two times. If they no longer support PL/SL/DL, why should they get the name reservations? I think they made it very clear loyalty is already less valued in certain areas, so that doesn't hold any weight anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    Name reservations for AL didn't include a free shield. The shield was for purchase separately. Only SL name reservations came with a free shield (Hardlight).

I actually entirely disagree with this, regardless of me being in the vast minority from this part of the forums. Name reservations being valid across multiple games led to a lot of problems the last two times. If they no longer support PL/SL/DL, why should they get the name reservations? I think they made it very clear loyalty is already less valued in certain areas, so that doesn't hold any weight anymore.
    I think that's inaccurate saying that loyalty doesn't hold any weight anymore. STS could have stopped giving us updates/fixes and feedback a long time ago, but they decided not to. They recognized the heart and loyalty some individuals have given to the community, and they still continue to acknowledge and appreciate it. Seeing that there are a lot of disappointed players (I for one not being upset... of course we were never going to receive more updates...) STS could ultimately find it in their heart to let us maintain our in-game names for the next app they design.

This is reasonable because imagine the community this new game can have. By allowing current PL players to reserve their names and to carry on something that means well to them, then players will be motivated to actually play this new game, thus creating a solid foundation of members. I'm not saying that there will surely be a positive community if the PL playerbase were to transfer to this new MOBA, but I would say the odds are in our favor. I mean, the only reason I'm still here is because of the close-knit community.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I think that's inaccurate saying that loyalty doesn't hold any weight anymore. STS could have stopped giving us updates/fixes and feedback a long time ago, but they decided not to. They recognized the heart and loyalty some individuals have given to the community, and they still continue to acknowledge and appreciate it. Seeing that there are a lot of disappointed players (I for one not being upset... of course we were never going to receive more updates...) STS could ultimately find it in their heart to let us maintain our in-game names for the next app they design.

This is reasonable because imagine the community this new game can have. By allowing current PL players to reserve their names and to carry on something that means well to them, then players will be motivated to actually play this new game, thus creating a solid foundation of members. I'm not saying that there will surely be a positive community if the PL playerbase were to transfer to this new MOBA, but I would say the odds are in our favor. I mean, the only reason I'm still here is because of the close-knit community.
    I agree with some of this, but I still think it makes quite a bit more sense for name reservations to be limited to AL. I realize no matter what argument I give, almost everyone in this forum is going to disagree with me, it being PL general and all.

I do think it's very naive to say loyalty means much here anymore though. I have no doubts that someone like G has a lot of appreciation for old players remaining loyal to StS, but there's really not much proof at all to support saying that StS as a company actively acknowledges and appreciates PL players' loyalty. Just look at what it's gotten us long term - neglect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I agree with some of this, but I still think it makes quite a bit more sense for name reservations to be limited to AL. I realize no matter what argument I give, almost everyone in this forum is going to disagree with me, it being PL general and all.

I do think it's very naive to say loyalty means much here anymore though. I have no doubts that someone like G has a lot of appreciation for old players remaining loyal to StS, but there's really not much proof at all to support saying that StS as a company actively acknowledges and appreciates PL players' loyalty. Just look at what it's gotten us long term - neglect.
    im agree with you ,but its against ur opinion about ppl disagreement. so im disagree to make it agree with you ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    274 Posts

If none of these SL DL PL games not goig to get updates, simply.. how hard could it be to implement name reserving... I would like to reserve my name in PL..
    AL: Jiig PL: Jig 80
    Veni Vidi Vici
    Worst thing I could be, is the same as everyone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tbh, alot of old players quit pl, the orginal game, leaving heaps of rare names left in the dust. Then new gen got to snipe them on AL and now you want reserves for it, i say there be no reserves and all have a chance at getting a orginal name when game is released by sts, only allowing 1 name to be created on first day of realise, meaning one character can be created upon realise within the first 24hrs. That way every one has an equal chance of getting the name they've always wanted, consider this sts. Also all players should be emailed when game is realised so everyone knows. Idk what game will be, from what i saw in comments pvp based. I love pvp, don't like pve much. Anyway i hope you will do this sts, because everyone deserves an equal chance at being able to obtained their own name or a name of their Choice, Thanks.
    Last edited by Dchar7; 01-30-2015 at 03:41 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

We haven't received neglect for our loyalty. We were given a 77 cap when the community realized the game was simmering down... to me, that's not neglect, but rather a sign of sympathy that STS showed towards its PL community for remaining loyal.

I agree though, it makes much more sense to give name reservations in AL from a business standpoint. I guess I don't see the reason why they can't just do name reservations for all games - for instance, my buddy in SL named Ghost has constantly been asking me for the name Ghost in PL. Whereas, I'm sure there is a Ghost in DL and in AL. I feel that at least the fairest way to accommodate for this is to do first come, first serve for reservations. Morally speaking (sorry for getting to deep, I know this is a game), STS should at least give us this chance to hold on to our names.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

We haven't received neglect for our loyalty. We were given a 77 cap when the community realized the game was simmering down... to me, that's not neglect, but rather a sign of sympathy that STS showed towards its PL community for remaining loyal.

I agree though, it makes much more sense to give name reservations in AL from a business standpoint. I guess I don't see the reason why they can't just do name reservations for all games - for instance, my buddy in SL named Ghost has constantly been asking me for the name Ghost in PL. Whereas, I'm sure there is a Ghost in DL and in AL. I feel that at least the fairest way to accommodate for this is to do first come, first serve for reservations. Morally speaking (sorry for getting to deep, I know this is a game), STS should at least give us this chance to hold on to our names.
    To me, I see the 77 cap as a huge example of neglect. Like throwing a barking dog the nearest bone you can find to shut it up. I guess that all depends on your perspective on it though.

I agree that the more morally correct answer would probably be for reservations to be across all games, but like you said, business wise AL makes sense. StS has made it clear to me that business is what comes first. I just know it was a pretty big hassle for them last time, as a player would reserve their name, only to find someone already reserved the same name from another game (teh rhymes!). Support got quite a few emails from people wanting either their plat back, or their name to be reserved regardless. I could easily see StS just avoiding that same dilemma by making it AL-exclusive, especially since they've obviously just stopped supporting the other titles.

Then again, this is all to say name reservations will even be a thing in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

The only positive I see is avoiding impersonation early on in the new game. I believe some respected members who didn't reserve their names were impersonated in AL, and the fakes used those names good reputation to scam people.
    Honestly as much as I love STS, I don't really see me moving to another of their games at this point so this seems to be a very small issue overall, and I think they would have to update the game to open the reservations to a new game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

To me, I see the 77 cap as a huge example of neglect. Like throwing a barking dog the nearest bone you can find to shut it up. I guess that all depends on your perspective on it though.

I agree that the more morally correct answer would probably be for reservations to be across all games, but like you said, business wise AL makes sense. StS has made it clear to me that business is what comes first. I just know it was a pretty big hassle for them last time, as a player would reserve their name, only to find someone already reserved the same name from another game (teh rhymes!). Support got quite a few emails from people wanting either their plat back, or their name to be reserved regardless. I could easily see StS just avoiding that same dilemma by making it AL-exclusive, especially since they've obviously just stopped supporting the other titles.

Then again, this is all to say name reservations will even be a thing in the first place.

I totally get your perspective. But STS has always been the company that, in my eyes, would never intentionally want to neglect us. They really attempted to give us something with their dedicated time and money. But that's coming from the perspective of the customer - I could very well be wrong.

And even more so, I doubt the name reservations will be implemented in the first place.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I agree with you, just because i'm not leaving per-say (I will reserve and play the new game )..I will reserve in AL. I might not play any sts games much anymore..but I will return always for events (and buy my plat when necessary to help enhance my experience). I'm willing to try this new game out...Maybe if it is a great success (meaning the new game), STG can be up to capacity for new opportunities and updates for other games that was announced.

my buddy in SL named Ghost has constantly been asking me for the name Ghost in PL. Whereas, I'm sure there is a Ghost in DL and in AL. I feel that at least the fairest way to accommodate for this is to do first come, first serve for reservations. Morally speaking (sorry for getting to deep, I know this is a game), STS should at least give us this chance to hold on to our names.
    That was only once lol. As for this post, I will play and support the new game considering Pl, SL, DL and other games are over. Lets not get into the discussion of how you got it in PL ok ...Just please befor you mention me on a post, PM me ok...and im Ghost in DL and AL...so yea they are all me lol...look at the sig. and a side note O&C sucked, so i uninstalled...it was a waist of my time....Now Kritika....is fun.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-30-2015 at 05:34 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I totally get your perspective. But STS has always been the company that, in my eyes, would never intentionally want to neglect us. They really attempted to give us something with their dedicated time and money. But that's coming from the perspective of the customer - I could very well be wrong.

And even more so, I doubt the name reservations will be implemented in the first place.
    I agree to an extent like I'm sure Gary really wanted to be able to push out more quality content to us, but I think a lot of the newer devs and mods have not emotional attachment to the game. Out with the old; in with the new.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to tHelonestud For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I agree with you, just because i'm not leaving per-say (I will reserve and play the new game )..I will reserve in AL. I might not play any sts games much anymore..but I will return always for events (and buy my plat when necessary to help enhance my experience). I'm willing to try this new game out...Maybe if it is a great success (meaning the new game), STG can be up to capacity for new opportunities and updates for other games that was announced.

That was only once lol. As for this post, I will play and support the new game considering Pl, SL, DL and other games are over. Lets not get into the discussion of how you got it in PL ok ...Just please befor you mention me on a post, PM me ok...and im Ghost in DL and AL...so yea they are all me lol...look at the sig. and a side note O&C sucked, so i uninstalled...it was a waist of my time....Now Kritika....is fun.
    There were multiple occurrences we're we discussed switching the names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

I hate to be the negative one here. I just do not understand how it could be implemented into multiple games. I think if they limited it to one game, say PL, then AL players would rage. Likewise, if they limited it to AL, PL players would rage. The reason that I don't understand it is the fact that one person may have the name in PL, and then another person may have it in AL or any other one of the legends titles. Say I were to reserve the name "Rose" in PL. And if there is a person in AL who also plays by the name "Rose" it would be like a competition between who can reserve it faster. The loser would probably rage and start some negative thread calling people out or blaming the devs because their name was already reserved. I don't know. Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

With that being said, it would be nice to have the option to reserve names. However, I can foresee it causing quite a bit of raging across the community.

I don't know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

I'm too lazy to read half this thread but blah who cares. It goes both ways. Name reserves=hardcore AL players getting all the best names. No name reserves=android beta players will own them all. Personally, the latter is more favorable to me.