Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: STS where's the 2000 plat option?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I need to clarify that I shop at Food4Less. I am not intending insult by that reference. I regret that it came out that way. I consider it wise, if possible. I myself have never bought 2K, but I have purchases 800 several times. I have never had more than $50 free at a time.

To explain, someone said the 2K plat buyers are the "big spenders". Buying in bulk does not make you a big spender. The person who buys a case of toilet paper at Costco does not use their toilet paper faster tha the one who buys a few rolls at the grocery store. There is no relation between the quantity purchased and the speed of the usage.

That is why I said, you're not big spenders, you are bargain hunters. I meant no offense.
    speaking of toilet paper would disappear faster if more ppl in your home would use it and if we were in mexico you would get charged by little square. But anyway, i understand your statement snake and yes i might have said 2k are the big spenders i dont deny that. But when your preferred payment and purchase disappears and your forced to change, im sure your choice of analogies and phrases would change. Good example would be if your package you purchased "800" would just disappear and your forced to conform with existing "choices" I guess you would be a bargain hunter also.

Since this is not the case, your statement has no merit. I dont understand why we are not all considered bargain hunters. We buy in bulk to save, im sure you wouldn't go buying 12 packages of 165 to make 2k....how does that make since to you, buying 3 packages of 800 =149.97 2400 plat, when i would spend $200.00 on 4,000 plat. This isn't a small difference snake, this is where our issue is. as apollo stated above, placing larger purchases on the website would eliminate the middle man. and leave the smaller purchases on the apps so STS can benefit the most from consumer purchases, and the consumer feels good about there purchase.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-14-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    A person who has a lot of alts (big family) and farms a lot with plat (Diarrhea), can't be compared to someone who has 1 main and just buys plat to level his 1 toon to whatever level he/she wants to.
    I have 18 alts on my account. I buy in 800 plat increments. But at the core I feel that Thrashers are a blight on the game, so perhaps I'm being judgemental. It's not my place to tell other people how to play or what to buy. I wish you luck in getting a discount larger than the 800 plat option restored to the game, but I don't believe it will happen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I wish you luck in getting a discount larger than the 800 plat option restored to the game, but I don't believe it will happen.
    So you think this was a lie? ...

---

Mjolstin, Mar 06 15:23 (CST):
    Hello,

We have temporarily removed the 2000 platinum package from the webstore and android market. It will be back, we appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

---

Hello,

We have temporarily removed the 2000 platinum package from the webstore and android market. It will be back, we appreciate your patience.

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios
    If it comes back it will be at a higher price.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

So you think this was a lie?
    No. Lies are intentional. It might be an error.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

---

Hello,

Sincerely,

Mjolstin
    Spacetime Studios
    Grrr... Made me angry im on i see no 2000 plats option in itunes store! Ever! Now i wanna get a droid phone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Let me say this... I purchase 2000 platinum every single month! I am not pleased with this either. Several discussion in game, of people that also would buy 2000 platinum, say they will no longer puchase platinum. I do not thing this is fair at all.

89$ a month, just to play in a game, is extreme, although I pay it. I know, I will not be purchasing platinum anymore until it comes back.

[COLOR="#FF0000"]NATCAVIQ [/COLOR]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sad to say, this "evaluation" is going to cause them to lose money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natcaviq View Post
    Sad to say, this "evaluation" is going to cause them to lose money.
    I also think this will be true.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Yes. I'm also on a buying "freeze"
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Walkhardd View Post
    Yes. I'm also on a buying "freeze"
    I am running low on platinum at the moment. So, I guess, I will be respawning at entrance! lmao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Natcaviq View Post
    I am running low on platinum at the moment. So, I guess, I will be respawning at entrance! lmao
    Natalie's saving platinum... That's a first

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'd had the impression that the math for finding the "sweet spot" on the price/demand curve - the place where you'll bring in the most total money - was well known. It's not my field but from this it seems as if my impression was perhaps wrong and that it's more of a gut feel + experiment/observe process. (If that's the case though, I wonder how the theory or law of supply and demand was "proven" a few years back as I heard in the news.)
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post
    I'd had the impression that the math for finding the "sweet spot" on the price/demand curve - the place where you'll bring in the most total money - was well known. It's not my field but from this it seems as if my impression was perhaps wrong and that it's more of a gut feel + experiment/observe process. (If that's the case though, I wonder how the theory or law of supply and demand was "proven" a few years back as I heard in the news.)
    I think this is more of a case of trying to "move" the sweet spot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

ok, so what is going on? is it coming back and what is this evaluation? i have bought a total of 59,440 plat dear spacetime studios if you dont give professional adults a opportunity to play this game at an elite level (meaning useing plat for farming and lvling and at good value) and with dl coming out ... how on earth do you expect ppl to play and feel they are getting some kind of value... says account was created 2011-03-08 - that means that i have been playing about a year and have spent about 2500 dollars on this game, that is about 2 hundred dollars amonth.

you really need to offer better deals 4000 plat for 150 bucks. what other games are out there getting that kind of money for play time? i dont want my loyalty to change because of issues that are not at our best interest. (best interest of the gamers, im not being selfish but sooooo many games out there that are free - please dont respond that pl is free cuz you can get to higest level wtih out plat, or best equip with out plat - i get it, i know that but im not taking that rout and from what i know all the pro pros are not taking that rout either.)

i would like to say i will wait to pass any judgment - thus far you guys at spacetime studious have been amazing with all sorts of issues i encounterd but this needs to not linger... i have some play time i need to catch up on,

other issues that need to be addressed:

*two slots for vanity items
    *way better drop rates for plat bought boss runs
    *some special reconition for ppl who have spent at least 50 dollars a month, 100 dollars a month and 200 dollars a month average
    *merchant account that spawns charter directly in to a merchant room that can make being a merchant quicker and more effective

devs feel free to pm me - and maybe we can set up a phone call to see how we can best keep every one happy.

thanks guys
    Last edited by mejslll; 03-28-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n00b13st View Post

price and demand is a interesting thing... on things that ppl need - clothes, food, cars, that applies greatly. on the price and demand for entertainment is very different. the number one thing for demand and pricing correctly on non needed things will be dictated on how many ppl are lost from the increase of pricing, and the feeling of loss of value.

whatch this (i wont name names) i love pvp, so i joined a pvp guild, there where a few choices but i feel i chose the best one. lets say the top 5 ppl left our great game, because they felt the value was deminished by an increase in plat cost = less value. now the ppl that i "came up with" and ppl who have been my mentors and friends leave - two things will happen: one i will play less, two i will follow them to other games that they play that they feel have more value.

soooo... that means a loss of how many ppl? lets say the guild has 30 ppl in it, all the top ppl use plat daily! 5 leave - so now 5 ppl play less - 5 ppl join other games. that means now i am playing with half the ppl i used to and now i have lost interest.

other way to gain more money or income is by increasing the value! offer 4000 plat for 150 bucks... thro in some sweet vanity for ppl who average hi plat buys each month. now what that does is the top 5 ppl stay in game with the feeling of more value and continue to lvl quicker, so that we play more ctf and arena (my intrest in this game, and for most the ppl in our guild) the 5 who would played less now a few of them buy plat cuz the top players are and play more, the other 5 who would have left to play other games a few have bought the higher plat and now would never leave ... because they feel they are getting better value.

just my few - if you have 1000 ppl buying plat at a lower amount, your profits/income would be more stable. then to have 700 ppl buying plat at a higher cost.

“I would rather have one percent
    of 100 people’s efforts then a hundred persent of 1 persons"
    — Andrew Carnegie

quote means get you income from many different sources in stead of just a few - you will be more stable! two vanity slots for helmet, armor, shield, weapon. would allow vanity items to be more valuable! why would i buy another vanity helmet when i have the fallen prince bonus helm? why would i try to look cool when i am farming and have to use big luck? wouldnt it be great to beable to equip both and you could only see the fallen prince helm?!?!? guys that is more value... i would pay plat to buy that feature! or pay plat to beable to enter the cs room every time i spawn into bel. castel

create more value and create more money /income /profits.

love you guys at pl!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

any word on this yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

devs there has only been one posting from you guys about this lets get a up date pls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    devs there has only been one posting from you guys about this lets get a up date pls
    My bet is that they won't change it (if they change it) until after DL is released and after the leveling frenzy when the new lvl cap is released. I hope I'm wrong though.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mejslll View Post
    “I would rather have one percent
    of 100 people’s efforts then a hundred persent of 1 persons"
    — Andrew Carnegie

quote means get you income from many different sources in stead of just a few - you will be more stable!
    This is true in most cases. However, it doesn't really apply in this situation. Here is why...

This change only affects those that bought the larger plat pack. So in essence you are doing two things:

1. You are alienating those that bought the largest pack.
    2. You will likely lose those players from play buying, or they will buy significantly less.

In essence, this change is not going to increase the number of players that buy plat which would result in more stable income. Instead, it will likely decrease the number of players buying it. It is also possible the number will stay the same, but overall income will be affected because they will buy less. In the worst case they will stop playing the games altogether.

Like I mentioned before, this "test" they are doing could be very dangerous for STS. Your other comments about he trickle down affect of people quitting is also very true. IMO, this would be the most critical aspect of all of this.