Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Star Legends Beta Leaderboards to be Wiped for Launch

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Best solution is... reset all characters back to level 1 and refund the players who spent plats on damage and xp pots. I'm sorry but I don't want to be level 20/21 and have 0 kills. I rather start at level 1 and earn back my kills and actually enjoy farming all leveled maps. NOW this is called an even playing field.
    Chantylily - Mage, Chanterella - Archer, Chantankie - Bear
    Chantylily - Vampy & Sorcerer, Chant - Engineer, Chanty - Operative, Chantanky - Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Why do people complain about this. Honestly I could careless about who exactly is on the leaderboards. People should just get over it, so what if so and so has a better ratio or more kills than you. It does not mean that they necessarily are better than you at the game. The leaderboards are just a bunch of numbers, I don't get why people get so upset about them.

Dark Legends: Fear- Level 31
    Star Legends: Decay- Level 46 Operative
    Pocket Legends: Prestige- Level 53 Bird

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
    Why do people complain about this. Honestly I could careless about who exactly is on the leaderboards. People should just get over it, so what if so and so has a better ratio or more kills than you. It does not mean that they necessarily are better than you at the game. The leaderboards are just a bunch of numbers, I don't get why people get so upset about them.
    if it's something you put effort into, i'm sure anyone would be upset. Put yourself in their shoes. Hours and hours of playing for it to be wiped out. Yeah, not cool. But at the same time they knew it was the beta, and some changes were gonna be made upon the actual release.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.
    Sure, just screw over the locked farmers. Great idea. Not.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Im leveling to 5 then stopping, Bc I want kills
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chant View Post
    Best solution is... reset all characters back to level 1 and refund the players who spent plats on damage and xp pots. I'm sorry but I don't want to be level 20/21 and have 0 kills. I rather start at level 1 and earn back my kills and actually enjoy farming all leveled maps. NOW this is called an even playing field.
    I agree 100%
    LUCILULU - Lvl 66 Mage * Lvl 29 Comm : DOPEYDADDY - Lvl 63 Arch * Lvl 27 Opp : DOPEYGRIZZLE - Lvl 60 Bear * 51,45,35,25,20,10 TWINKS & FARMERS
    Proud Member of UNITY!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

^^ Agree

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    The reason sewer pinks and purps are used as boosters over ao is for a second or possibly third kit (12 stat points vs 8) however not counting deaths would be worst idea since Greedo shooting first. Can already see people locking before a boss to avoid a death. But IMO no matter what's done the people on the board will be populated by those that find the easiest path or spend the most plat on defense and attack elixirs.
    I'm sorry what's the issue with what I said?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What about those who play a "support" role? Is there a leaderboard for them somehow?
    Kavanah: "Cinco, would you rather be in a Norma Jean or As I Lay Dying mosh pit?"
    Cinco: "Norma Jean, in that case /mosh"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    bron, I have many locked farmers and I understand the problem. In PL, you could lock at 11th or 12th level and kill farm in FH:1 with ZERO CHANCE OF DYING. This makes k/d leader boards irrelevant. Lovenus was the master at this, and he'll always be remembered for it. Others imitated Lovenus and after weeks of obsessively kill farming FH:1, made their mark on the leader boards. But they were imitators and nobody will remember them for it, as we do remember Lovenus. Now the PL leaderboards are totally skewed.

The point of k/d is to say, "These people are such good players they had this many kills to each death." But kill farming in FH:1 is not quality play, it's just obsessive play. So that's why the LB is meaningless. The fair solution is, if you don't get XP, you shouldn't get the kill.

The devs have therefore decided that turning off XP in an easy zone when you have no chance to die and pumping your kill count to get on the LB is an exploit.

Please tell me how spending plat in SL makes you have a higher k/d. These complaints like "but I spent all this plat to get my high kill count" don't make sense. They took elixirs to advance quickly, to have super armor, super damage, shorten cool-down times, move faster... but now they want to say they did it for the kill counts?

I thought they were testing, not trying to get a jump on the rest of the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

^^ agree

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks a lot because I have so many deaths racked up from trying to help newbies with miner mcguirc its not even funny. I think 80% of my 240 something deaths came from his lair.
    When all else failed, a simple google search pulled me through...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    What about those who play a "support" role? Is there a leaderboard for them somehow?
    If the SL LB has the same format as PL, there should be an Engineer's section for everything. So yes, there will still be support LBs, but just have different amounts.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

This should be real interesting now after this goes live. Well after it goes out to apple and we can call it live.

If apple takes to long. People will rack up kills from general play. There is people who want kills. There is people who do nothing but look at your kills.. . . There is people who wont even play beta now because there max level. They want kills.
    The population droped to under 50people online all the time before they opened it up to android. This all happened after they said they were clearing boards.

I dont care what happens. Im just saying this should get a little drama going.
    Last edited by Diodge; 08-05-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #136
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Leaderboards have been wiped with the launch of Star Legends.

EDIT: Looks like not all the Kill stats were reset. The team is looking into it.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 08-11-2011 at 01:19 PM.

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #137
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The leaderboards update over time. We update one leaderboard every 15 minutes. There are 16 leaderboards, so it will take 4 hours since the reset (which was around 11:30 am) for them all to update.
    Last edited by Samhayne; 08-11-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

hey sam any word from apple even a small sign that theyve even looked at the game? sorry of im waisting ur time about this question

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default be careful

Samhayne, you da man and all. But please listen when i tell you, this is a big mistake. Please refer to my thread "all this boosting" to understand just what I mean. Thank you.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    To present a fair playing field for everyone, we will be wiping the Leaderboards for the launch of Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles. This means that your kills and deaths will be reset to Zero.
    This wipe seems kind of silly now since it was suggested to present a "fair playing field" and iOS users still aren't in the mix. Players who got up to 21 will be at a disadvantage with this coupled with the fact that kills are only counted when xp is gained. I would reset but that option isn't available to those who took advantage of the premium character upgrade (unless they're willing to sacrifice their toon locked upgrades). Maybe should have gone with the suggestion of resetting all characters back to level 1.