Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tradeable Rename Kits

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Legalize the abuse and punish honest players? And why should people stop fishing with macros for names after selling is legal? You know the real fishing wave would just start...
    How would my suggestion punish honest players? I am not supporting name kits, I instead have a solution that reduces server stress. There are dozens of players who are doing this at the moment, each with multiple windows. When did I say to make name selling legal? I am saying to fix the way the character creation screen is designed (which is what is causing the lag) and this would in turn address the OP's issue (server lag and stealing of names that someone actually got legitimately) while simultaneously blocking a method these name sellers obtain names.

That's all. That's reasonable, no?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

It is a matter of scale. Name trades happened before, but not in this dimensions. And it is up to sts to decide the countermeasures.

1) hoarding names to sell is an exploit. There were bans before, it sll depended on the level of exploit.
    2) This might explode your brain: Everyone likes to progress, but not everyone sinks to the lowest level to do so. After all, this game needs new players filling all tiers in the chain to stay healthy. Allowing exploiters to get rich on newer players is a no go imho.
    My playing field here, since you mentioned it, is to play with friends, no more, no less, i don't care for pvp or lb and i have nothing to prove. I assure you, i don't have a problem to compete, but sts establishes a stopp sign for new players if they let this slip.
    3) I work in the software business and i am aware. Is your best argument really, if you don't abuse the system it will be abused more professionally? How about, everyone who abuses it, faces the consequences?
    4) Sts can also just lock all advertised names and give them away in a lottery instead of making exploiters rich, up to sts.
    5) Not after the first scam attempt. The name would already have been banned, and thats what all these threads try to avoid imho.

On an unrelated note, my name is priceless.
    If they leave things be right now without any countermeasures, it will be more detrimental, we are suggesting countermeasures

1) I wouldn't agree that there were no bans before, but that is because there was real life transaction involved

2) It really exploded my brain, because right now, there seem to be more equality in game than before, i dare to say that i am one of the richer players in game last year, but right now, it seems that many players have obtained wealth of around my level or probably surpassed me.. things are easier to get now, wealth are easier to accumulate. Name hoarders can be anyone, and any poor soul in the past can become rich from this event, but is this really all about wealth?

(my intentions of creating this thread isn't about wealth though, i buy cheap iTunes cards, wait for plat sale, buys 6 months or 1 year supply of plats, use plats on items that give good returns, get gold to buy stuff that i want, I really don't care about earning more gold)

3) If you work in the software business, then you should know that it is near impossible for sts to detect and ban the offenders accurately, something like the ban from plat jewel lix last year will happen again. And this isn't an argument, although i must say this is my greatest concern.

4) So if i say I'm selling the name Potato altho i am not Potato, sts should lock that name? not easy

5) But they are not, and from past experience, sts doesn't do things without evidence, someone can also frame Zeus(Example) for scamming name even if he's not, how can sts verify it unless Zeus did pm that guy in game and specifically say yes I'm selling this name.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Ugh, I was trying to leave & you drop that when I could destroy anti-legalizers arguments while high! XD

Anyway, one thing some people might not realize while disapproving is that the black market is essentially untouchable, sad fact. Sts can't control or verify kik, line, fb, or any other. So you can't sent screen shots and get the bad guy. Info can be faked easily. It doesn't stop a problem if your opinion is shooting down ops idea ends any of the problems.

That said I think the idea of the character generation need to be tweaked is vital.
    That seems to be the most simple and effective thing that needs to happen. The ping and dc lately are terrible and I've always had a good connect,
    until the name drama.....
    It should function in the same way a rename does. If you try to rename a character with a name that is already in use, it reverts to your previous name. In this case, it should revert to a blank text field and not leave the failed rename in the text field. Yes, it would still be possible to macro but it would be much slower and therefore not effective (reducing server stress).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Please look at my link - it's causing lag in game. I do not want name kits because of reasons you stated but I do want a fix for what my video is demonstrating. Ever since the name event weekend, this lag has been present and has been substantial. I also know that it is not my connection that is causing this lag.

I think it will be a more pragmatic solution for everybody and should be something nobody has a problem with unless, of course, they do what my video is describing.
    Make a separate thread for your video, i dont want opposed opinions derailed. Obviously the op has names to sell, and the op wants to capitalize off them. Are you with him?
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

It should function in the same way a rename does. If you try to rename a character with a name that is already in use, it reverts to your previous name. In this case, it should revert to a blank text field and not leave the failed rename in the text field. Yes, it would still be possible to macro but it would be much slower and therefore not effective (reducing server stress).
    +1bazillion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Make a separate thread for your video, i dont want opposed opinions derailed. Obviously the op has names to sell, and the op wants to capitalize off them. Are you with him?
    Where's this coming from? I'm clearly stating I do not want name kits. Furthermore, I have a contest giving away names that I managed to get during the weekend - I do not believe in that nonsense. I do know it goes on, but I do not agree with it.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-20-2016 at 09:16 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    The point I am trying to make is: if something is illegal, please don't think of ways to circumvent the illegality of the issue by making things easier for those who are doing it. I am well aware of a very lucrative and active black market for name trading that exists outside the domain of the game. However, people are also aware of prostitution rings that exist in our society in real life. Does that mean we should give people free passes so that we can all visit the prostitute legally? Illegal is illegal. Starting off by saying we should legalize a black market activity is going down a slippery slope.
    Prostitution is legal in Singapore ma'am, which is OUR society isn't it? There's a reason why such tabooed stuff are legal in some societies, it is to solve greater problems
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

The name kit will never happen too many ppl will exploit it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to scarysmerf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Here's the link...and it's so simple to get one of these too. You do not need to have any technical knowledge. Even if an honest player gets a good name, they will lose it to a person who is doing this. This has actually happened in the past before too but now it's being done on a much larger scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luLBRvUwezA
    Video says private dude what is it ? Does it show what's causing this horrendous lag?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    #4 would be fun, ++++++ on all other points above
    Haha ur +++ doesn't mean anything because we all know that you will always support ardbeg

Legalize the abuse and punish honest players? And why should people stop fishing with macros for names after selling is legal? You know the real fishing wave would just start...
    Heyy i think you got the wrong idea, the name kits will make sure that macro users cannot fish because the name will not be made available, it will become a name chest example : (Name Kit: Ardbeg)

Can you please read what i am proposing instead of jumping into conclusion before even giving the idea a thorough thought?

Calm yourself right now i think there are only two things on your mind
    1) People pushing for name trading
    2) Name hoarders become rich

If you want to know details here it is
    1) Yes people are trading names
    2) People are scamming names
    3) People are sniping names

So whats happening now
    People trade names, get sniped
    People scam names, no snipe (Because they don't even release the names)
    People snipe names sell names/ scam
    People bought names keep it (Happy ending)
    People bought names sell it (Gets sniped)
    People bought names scam (GG)
    The cycle continues and will eventually end with just scammers of name in the market

Other than the bigger problem is macro using, if you guys really hate this name kit idea, at least consider zeus idea of not being able to push for the same name twice
    Last edited by Potato is me; 09-20-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Video says private dude what is it ? Does it show what's causing this horrendous lag?
    It should be fixed now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Potato is me View Post
    Prostitution is legal in Singapore ma'am, which is OUR society isn't it? There's a reason why such tabooed stuff are legal in some societies, it is to solve greater problems
    Perhaps the prostitution example wasn't the best one, but it illustrates my point. Do not make a wrong a right just to compromise on something which is "already happening". You do not tell a child it is all right to smoke in moderation because "everyone else is doing it". Anyway, seems your moral compass is already set, and you clearly know where I stand yet persist in your argument. So I will just stop commenting here, not contributing further to this issue.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

Legalizing selling names? We need an amendment to the AL ToS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

It should be fixed now.
    Holy crap dude I was wondering what was causing g the lag I've been having lately. They should really implement something to fix this problem whether it be name kits or something different I don't care but it needs to be fixed the game is becoming unplayable even on good wifi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Perhaps the prostitution example wasn't the best one, but it illustrates my point. Do not make a wrong a right just to compromise on something which is "already happening". You do not tell a child it is all right to smoke in moderation because "everyone else is doing it". Anyway, seems your moral compass is already set, and you clearly know where I stand yet persist in your argument. So I will just stop commenting here, not contributing further to this issue.
    Prostitution is the best example, thanks for pointing it out, it shows how taboo things can be given leeway but in controlled circumstances in order to solve a larger problem, I do know where you are standing ma'am and I'm just rebutting on it to prove that my argument makes sense too, we all know that we cannot change each other's view unless your reasoning of why name should not be traded is very very strong. If you have went through the JC aspect of education,in gp you should have learnt that proponents and oppositions are never really lopsided , there are always two ways of looking at things but which one is more convincing depends on the eyes of the beholder

Do not make a wrong a right just to compromise on something which is "already happening".
    There is nothing either right or wrong but thinking makes it so.
    -William shakespeare
    Last edited by Potato is me; 09-20-2016 at 09:38 PM.
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Holy crap dude I was wondering what was causing g the lag I've been having lately. They should really implement something to fix this problem whether it be name kits or something different I don't care but it needs to be fixed the game is becoming unplayable even on good wifi
    I prefer a method that doesn't piss half of the game off, personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

I would too but TBH they'll get over it eventually. This lag is horrible and they should implement whatever to make it stop and I doubt it's gonna be new servers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Lol, true, its just not worth to be engaged in meaningless arguments, at least solve the lag problem since those scams have been prevelant since forever
    POTATO ISH ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AsHwín MP View Post
    Don't you all think it would be cool if it is implemented?
    So that non-plat users can also change names..

Sent from my vivo V1Max using Tapatalk
    I dont think that this will make AL good or improve. There are many things that already changed here. And I guess that's already enough to us to make our character better. The plats will be useless if that happens.
    PERSEVERANCE and HARDWORK Propels SUCCESS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

I would too but TBH they'll get over it eventually. This lag is horrible and they should implement whatever to make it stop and I doubt it's gonna be new servers
    I think changing the code of character creation page is probably the fastest way to to fix it.
    I'm assuming that's just one or two lines of code? For clearing the text field