Thread: Alrisaia's Guide: How to Twist Ribbit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Nice writeup. I agree with Noisy though, this would not be so fun in pvp. For pve though, def nice.

By the way, I find that razor shield has a tendency to draw the aggro of mobs who are looking at your warrior. These are mobs who would not normally even pay attention to you otherwise. If you are having aggro issues, you might want to avoid razor. I have never had a problem with traps drawing aggro onto me. Just something to think on.

Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Nice writeup. I agree with Noisy though, this would not be so fun in pvp. For pve though, def nice.
    I don’t PVP much – but unless I had a really reliable team to do so I wouldn’t try this… I’d probably be using Malison or Slag…
    Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    By the way, I find that razor shield has a tendency to draw the aggro of mobs who are looking at your warrior. These are mobs who would not normally even pay attention to you otherwise. If you are having aggro issues, you might want to avoid razor. I have never had a problem with traps drawing aggro onto me. Just something to think on.

Cheers.
    Traps draw aggro if they’re not placed properly (right on top of your tank). If the mobs that get drawn into the trap are out of range of the tank, since they’re snared, they will attack the nearest target (probably the rogue who set the trap)…

There are only three tanks I've ever run with that I don’t consistently draw aggro from when I turn on my blender. This is especially true when we are twisting ribbit. This is why I’m spamming pots during the blender and not running around – you can’t move and pot and attack all at the same time (at least not on my device you can’t).

Using the blender wrecks elite mobs up to 30 at once in 45 seconds or so. That’s two razor shield cycles and about 4 Ribbit cycles.

<Elite Runners>

IGNs: Alrisaia | Alrisio | Gallinar
    Guides: Glossary of Terms | Twisting Ribbit | The Blender